• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well it could still be focused in the sense you are controlling a civilization through time. They could have just the main events that occurred throughout time. Do you consider Civiilization unfocused?

The game kinda plays the same at the start than it does in late game. While a few things change (warfare) and a few mechanics are added (religion, UN,...), overall economy or city management is very much handled similarly. Now compare it to CK2 with its characters, vicky2 with its economy and pops,...

Reactions:
Would you ever consider making a grand strategy Warhammer game? I feel it would work better than 40k as it's based on one planet so the map is easier. Also there was a naval warhammer game called man o'war.

Last edited:
Would you ever consider making a grand strategy Warhammer game? I feel it would work better than 40k as it's based on one planet so the mask is easier. Also there was a naval warhammer game called man o'war.
I think that if Paradox does a fantasy game, it must be done ion an universe that is relevant and interesting for a big public. Warhammer is very specific, and limited.

So during the QA recruitment, DDRJake said he was gonna take Johan to town in the in-house EU4 MP games, I'm wondering how that has been going.

Reactions:
A last question:
How about this EU IV Multiplayer thing, TotalyMoo said some infos should appear this and last week, but nothing happend.
Can I just assume things start after the Holidays, so in January?

Yup, sorry for the misinformation there. I actually missed the fact that we were in holiday times and I'm just about to head off to vacation.

Really nice surprise :D

EUIV Multiplayer game in early January.

Be there!

These Posts were from Mid December and nothing happend. Just wanted to ask really quick if the whole project is dead, because an offical Multiplayer was pretty cool. I have still hopes we just have to wait for the new EU IV 2.0 DLC.

We are starting a new one actually, don't know if it will be streamed though.
But I'll make sure to do weekly updates and breakdowns on what happened in the game like the good old times.

Last edited:
Reactions:
We are starting a new one actually, don't know if it will be streamed though.
But I'll make sure to do weekly updates and breakdowns on what happened in the game like the good old times.
Well if DDRJake suddenly becomes unemployed ...
:)

As you made progress in forum area recently. Do you have any plans to make forum account name changeable in near future or at all?

As you made progress in forum area recently. Do you have any plans to make forum account name changeable in near future or at all?
This has been asked in the feedback thread and the answer has been no. They are not going to allow that in the near future.

Reactions:
Reactions:
@Johan
What does it stands for : EVP Game Development, forgive me if I'm thick but it has been long day in the office

He's an EVP (Executive Vice President) at Paradox Interactive, which essentially means he's one step below the CEO.
According to their website, which is probably not complete/out of date, PI has 3 EVPs:
Johan Andersson (Game Development)
Johan Sjöberg (Brands)
Tobias Sjögren (Business Development)

And 2 VPs (one more step down the ladder):
Daniela Sjunnesson (Marketing)
Shams Jorjani (Acquisition)

Of course all this is for Paradox Interactive, which is not Paradox Development Studio, which this thread is for...
And yes, Johan's signature is outdated. Besuchov is now the PDS Studio Manager.

Reactions:
In Eu4 the maximum possible size of map is 200x(256x256) pixels (5632x2304 resolution for example).
In HoI4, what is the max size?

Will there be cultures in HoI4 like Vic2? If not, why? Because it was very important in WW2.

Have any of you ever played Europa Barbarorum?

In Eu4 the maximum possible size of map is 200x(256x256) pixels (5632x2304 resolution for example).
In HoI4, what is the max size?

Will there be cultures in HoI4 like Vic2? If not, why? Because it was very important in WW2.
Post this in the HOI4 forum please.

Hello, I'm trying to develop a game of my own at the moment - the genre similar to that of your games made on Clausewitz - and I'm wondering, how did you draw your provinces on the map? Furthermore, in what manner did you draw the map in EU4 or HOI4? Which sources and which projection did you use drawing it?