• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you release an alpha version by September 12th? It's my birthday on the 12th. The most important thing is to make decisions and a technology tree, and the graphics and map will wait for the release candidate.
Well, Happy early Birthday to you!
The Decisions and map will not be in the 1.13 release but in the 1.14 release.
As for an 1.13 alpha release, it's close.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi There,

we experienced a bug where our multiplayer client don't receive a tech that they've just completed. Is this fixed by any release?

Thanks in advance
Hello, its normally a bug caused by lag. One approach is to wait a day after completing a technology, and then starting new research.

Or pausing when the technology is finished, and starting research with the game paused.

Btw, if you and your friend ever wanted to play in a bigger online campaign, please let me know. We've got 12 people in our latest campaign, with interest in starting another alongside it :D

Here are the finalized technologies screens. The technology screens are from the start of the 1936 Scenario. I'll try to add 3 different countries' (UK, Germany, & USSR) screens that are in their respective languages. As you will see, not all translations are done...about 85% are done for all languages (English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish, Portuguese, & Russian).

I'm also thinking of using the skins directory, where one can make country specific technology screen backgrounds. The team wouldn't be responsible for creating these country's technology screen backgrounds (unless a team member wants to do them), but available for modders to create them. The coding effort is minimal with a logic of...
If it's in the country's skin directory and has the same name as the default technology screen (found in the ..\gfx\interface), then it will be used instead of the default/generic technology screen.

Before moving onto the screens, I just want to explain the new Technology Screen tabs arrangement.

Screen Selection.PNG

We now have 12 screens instead of ten. With all the new brigades, divisions, modifiers, technologies, etc., we needed more room. The related doctrines are now located logically directly below the units it affects (e.g. Infantry -> Land Doctrine).

The first two screens, Statistics and Units, come from the old (1.12 version) Overview screen due to the numerous additional data to report.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Hello!

A mechanized infantry division should start from 1942. Until the end of 1942, the Axis, Allies and Soviets did not have such divisions. Look at the dates of the creation of panzergrenadier divisions and guards mechanized corps. Even the French divisions (division légère mécanique) were more armored.

1942 Engineers
1943 Engineers
Is there a typo here by any chance? I am confused by the abrupt transition of engineers from 1942 to 1943. Perhaps instead of 1943 Engineers there should be 1945 Engineers.

Sorry for my English!

A mechanized infantry division should start from 1942. Until the end of 1942,
This could be discuss but I believe we should leave it as is for 1.13. 1940 Mechanized has been in AoD since the beginning, if I recall correctly. Changing it now is a bit late as the 1.13 release has had so much scope creep (a list of items to do for 1.13 but the list grew...keeps growing). I would recommend a new thread be open for discussion and what comes from it, we do in 1.14.

Personally, I want to get out of doing the technologies, its research, updating support files, etc. and get to working on code changes.

1942 Engineers
1943 Engineers
Is there a typo here by any chance? I am confused by the abrupt transition of engineers from 1942 to 1943. Perhaps instead of 1943 Engineers there should be 1945 Engineers.
No typo. I'm thinking we should something like this:
1918 Engineers
1928/30 Engineers
1939/40 Engineers
1943 Engineers
1945 Engineers
1950 Engineers
1963/64 Engineers

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 940254
We now have 12 screens instead of ten. With all the new brigades, divisions, modifiers, technologies, etc., we needed more room. The related doctrines are now located logically directly below the units it affects (e.g. Infantry -> Land Doctrine).

The first two screens, Statistics and Units, come from the old (1.12 version) Overview screen due to the numerous additional data to report.

Is there a possibility to create more than 12 screens ?

And have you considered the possibility to enlarge the available space of each screen ?

For example...i did this...using the 1600x900 resolution.

Attachments

• land doctrines.jpg
    land doctrines.jpg
    556,5 KB · Views: 0
Is there a possibility to create more than 12 screens ?

And have you considered the possibility to enlarge the available space of each screen ?
We could if the minimum screen resolution is changed from 1024 x 768, to something like 1280 x 960 (the next size up keeping the 4:3 ratio). Until then, there's really no expansion that can be done to the vanilla AoD. Does anyone still run their screens at 1024 x 768 or even play on a PC/laptop that can't go higher than 1024 x 768? I doubt it, but the code still supports Windows XP :eek: