• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You weren't impolite, you were just terse. It often comes across as rude on the internet.

Can you share your save file @giorgos_margarites ? Are you using any other mods?

Didn't mean to come across that way, I'm always polite :)
I only used your mod after removing the previous files, as I always do. Sadly I deleted the saved game - had a lot of save files and I just deleted every single one

Dang, alright. I'll have to try reproducing myself then.
I do happen to still have this bug, admittedly with a modlist. It is also a multiplayer game, so I don't know how or where that factors into it. I hope this helps!

My modlist is as follows:
Ancient Religions Reborn
Less Deadly Random Duels
Warrior Societies
Trait Softcap Exterminated
Perfect Genetics
Auto Build
A Bigger Interface
Ruler Designer Unlocked!
Anime Portraits

Attachments

• Shatter.ck2
    7,8 MB · Views: 0
So I was wondering are you finished updating the mod like some other Dec's waiting for ck3 or are you still updating I really like this mod and was wondering will you do any other religions like wicca as maybe a heresy of celtic or something or maybe some heresies/branches of the current faiths like germaniac or reformable versions of your current heresies

I don't know. I haven't been motivated to work on ARR in a long time, but I still have a lot of ideas I'd like to see implemented.

Wicca wouldn't make sense, it's a modern idea based on half-remembered pagan traditions from across Europe. I have thought that heresies of other pagan faiths would be cool, but Holy Fury makes heresies of reformed faiths weird.

You see in other mods like say mythos has germaniac heresy of jotnar obviously I'm not saying plageris these ideas but say pagan heresies would be interesting like reform this forgotten heretical branch and make it the dominate religion of said region would be awesome I know there's limitations to this, I hope you find your motivation cause I'd love too see this mod developed more

Reactions:
You see in other mods like say mythos has germaniac heresy of jotnar obviously I'm not saying plageris these ideas but say pagan heresies would be interesting like reform this forgotten heretical branch and make it the dominate religion of said region would be awesome I know there's limitations to this, I hope you find your motivation cause I'd love too see this mod developed more

With the release of Holy Fury, similarly to @theStormWeaver, I've also changed my stance a bit on Pagan heresies. Like, if you reform with Autonomous Leadership, who's to call anyone a Heretic? Essentially, I think only reformed religions which are sufficiently homogenistic in structure should get heresies, because if everyone's chill with whatever there's nothing to separate the "heretics" from everyone else.

Ideally, I think there should be a hidden counter associated with the different Reformation options, so that what you pick would determine how susceptible your religion is to Heresy. So like, if you pick Dogmatic+Unrelenting+BloodthirstyGods+Hierocratic, then your religion would start with no heresies, but once you dip bellow (say) 70% moral authority (which could quite possibly be immediately) an event would fire for a pre-coded heresy with a different set of reformation options than you picked to spawn into existence. Meanwhile if you picked, like, Cosmopolitan+Syncretism+Polyamory+Autonomous, you'd have to dip down to (say) 10% moral authority or even less before the first heresy spawned.

Once a Heresy spawned it would follow all vanilla rules. it would also start a timer for (say) 20 years, after which if the parent religion is still bellow its threshold a new heresy would spawn, up to (say) three total.

Each unreformed religion would have four or five total heresies coded for it, each with a different description and name to differentiate them. Any pre-coded heresy that had doctrines too similar to what the reformer had picked would simply not be one of the ones that spawned.

I really very, very, strongly doubt that this is a remotely moddable idea. Its more me gripping about how vanilla works. Like, one of the main refrains is that pagan religions are too powerful so they shouldn't get more content, but I'm literally advocating for content that would make them weaker. Having a heresy makes a religion weaker. It would manage to at once add content, make the game more realistic, and also take Germanic off of the top of all those lists the powergamers make about the best religions for munchkinry.

Mind you, this still wouldn't touch the munchkinry-creating-discrepancy between why the Viking Age ended historically; logistical shifts, both due to the end of the Medieval Warm Period, as well as the coastlines of Europe having seen heavy fortification which made the Viking style of raiding no-longer profitable. And not, as CK2 would have you think, because all the vikings eventually converted to Catholic and switched from Tribal to Feudal and if they'd reformed their religion instead the Viking Age would have never ended. Which, and I say this as an IRL polytheist myself, no. Just no.

Reactions:
With the release of Holy Fury, similarly to @theStormWeaver, I've also changed my stance a bit on Pagan heresies. Like, if you reform with Autonomous Leadership, who's to call anyone a Heretic? Essentially, I think only reformed religions which are sufficiently homogenistic in structure should get heresies, because if everyone's chill with whatever there's nothing to separate the "heretics" from everyone else.

Ideally, I think there should be a hidden counter associated with the different Reformation options, so that what you pick would determine how susceptible your religion is to Heresy. So like, if you pick Dogmatic+Unrelenting+BloodthirstyGods+Hierocratic, then your religion would start with no heresies, but once you dip bellow (say) 70% moral authority (which could quite possibly be immediately) an event would fire for a pre-coded heresy with a different set of reformation options than you picked to spawn into existence. Meanwhile if you picked, like, Cosmopolitan+Syncretism+Polyamory+Autonomous, you'd have to dip down to (say) 10% moral authority or even less before the first heresy spawned.

Once a Heresy spawned it would follow all vanilla rules. it would also start a timer for (say) 20 years, after which if the parent religion is still bellow its threshold a new heresy would spawn, up to (say) three total.

Each unreformed religion would have four or five total heresies coded for it, each with a different description and name to differentiate them. Any pre-coded heresy that had doctrines too similar to what the reformer had picked would simply not be one of the ones that spawned.

I really very, very, strongly doubt that this is a remotely moddable idea. Its more me gripping about how vanilla works. Like, one of the main refrains is that pagan religions are too powerful so they shouldn't get more content, but I'm literally advocating for content that would make them weaker. Having a heresy makes a religion weaker. It would manage to at once add content, make the game more realistic, and also take Germanic off of the top of all those lists the powergamers make about the best religions for munchkinry.

Mind you, this still wouldn't touch the munchkinry-creating-discrepancy between why the Viking Age ended historically; logistical shifts, both due to the end of the Medieval Warm Period, as well as the coastlines of Europe having seen heavy fortification which made the Viking style of raiding no-longer profitable. And not, as CK2 would have you think, because all the vikings eventually converted to Catholic and switched from Tribal to Feudal and if they'd reformed their religion instead the Viking Age would have never ended. Which, and I say this as an IRL polytheist myself, no. Just no.

I don't know why i never saw this, but I actually had a similar idea. You'd create some blank, placeholder, heresies for each reformed pagan faith that would be unlocked under certain conditions and then dynamically configured based on which Nature/Leadership/Doctrines you chose during reformation. It's entirely doable, but it would be difficult and would require you to get your hands into the event code that spawns heresies. Not necessarily a bad thing, since you could make general improvements to that code while you're there.

Way out of scope for ARR, however.

What links, all I see are the ck2 ones.
Here's a message from the mod maker on the CK3 thread:

Reactions:
Here's a message from the mod maker on the CK3 thread:
That is only in relation to the CK3 version though, isn't it?

Yo, so uh I vaguely remember reformed Hellenes having the option of becoming Pontifex, being able to appoint Vestalis and etc. I saved my game, reformed with both temporal and hierocratic. There's no decision prompt to restore it. Even if I control the entirety of c_roma. Have the conditions changed?

I removed the decision to restore the Pontificate when Hellenic was added to vanilla. It's now created automatically when you reform.
The Vestals events are only available to the head of religion, so you must choose Temporal Leadership.
Unfortunately the design of the Vestal Virgins mechanics means you basically have to wait for a parent to nominate their daughter as Vestal candidate before you can make a decision.

Reactions: