• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't know about the Kemetics or Celtic Pagans, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that they weren't exactly quoting Bible verses about how someone else's god hates gays either.
Just a correction that needs to be made in regards to your "Bible verses":

There is nothing about God hating gays in the Bible. "God hates the sin, but loves the sinner" is what Christianity teaches generally.

A random assortment of stuff for Mesopotamian Paganism, should it ever be added.

Mesopotamian
Moral Authority: ?
Religious Head: N/A
Originating among the people of ancient Sumer and passed down to the Akkadians, Babylonians, and Assyrians, the ancient Mesopotamian religion is one of the oldest continuous religious traditions in the world. The main figures of worship are the Anunna or Anunnaki, the children and descendants of Anu, the divine patriarch and the god of the heavens, but various lesser spirits and demons were also considered valid objects of worship. The ancient Mesopotamians believed that the gods were manifest and immanent entities both in the elements and phenomena they represented as well as in astral bodies associated with them. Nature itself, in all its cycles, is viewed as a manifestation of the divine life of the gods. At the same time, the gods also represented the human communities they were thought to patronize, with the land and its produce belonging to the god and the humans of the community itself being their faithful servants. Since its inception the Mesopotamian religion has been the dominant tradition in Mesopotamia, with many of its gods and traditions spread outwards into the Levant and Arabia, until the rise of Christianity. From the 5th century onwards the religion has been on the decline, with only small rural pockets scattered across Upper Mesopotamia, as well as the urban centers of Harran and Mardin, remaining.
High God: Anu/Marduk/Ashur/Ishtar
God Names: Anu, Ki, Enlil, Ea, Ninḫursaĝ, Nanna-Suen, Shamash, Ishtar, Tammuz, Nisaba, Nabu, Nergal, Ninurta, Marduk, Adad, Ashur.
Evil God Names: Tiamat, Abzu, Hanbi, Pazuzu, Ereshkigal, Nergal
Scripture: The Enûma Eliš/The Sacred Tablets
· Religion allows women to own Temple Holdings.
· Rulers can raid infidel neighbors for loot.
· Mesopotamian men can take up to three concubines.
· Mesopotamian women can take up to three consorts.
· Can be Reformed.
· There is (and can exist) no religious head
· Women may hold spymaster positions.
· [Astrology Doctrine]^1
· [Divination]^2
· [Temple or City Dedication]^3
· [Patron Deity]
· Can construct Ziggurat/Pyramids to honor the gods.

Special CBs: County Conquest, Subjugation
Modifiers: Mix of Aggressive and Defensive Pagan?
^1: The Ancient Babylonians are often credited with being the first astrologers, and while there’s some cause to argue with them being the absolute first,the western tradition of Astrology does originate with the Babylonians and they were known to place an extreme religious significance to it.

^2:Almost every major religious and governmental decision in later periods, and many of them in earlier ones required a divination ritual to justify. As the king was thought to be the chief servant of the god/gods, his role was less as an active decision maker and more a well-liked servant who was skilled at determining the will of the gods based on omens.

^3: One of the key concepts of the Ancient Mesopotamian religion was that each city and community, both its land and its people, belonged above all else to a single deity. This deity was both protector, patron, and embodiment of the community and was typically honored above the other gods, at least within certain contexts. This is represented more materially with the construction of a grand temple to the city-god, which was thought to be their earthly house in which their idol could be housed. The idol itself was thought of as a vessel the spirit of the deity could be invited into, through which they would directly supervise the city so long as the idol and therefore the deity’s spirit were treated properly. Much like with the Kemetic peoples, this took the form of ritually feeding, clothing, and washing the idols.

Potential Holy Sites

Al Amarah: Encompasses both Babylon and Uruk, with Babylon being sacred to Marduk and historically holding grand temples to the most important gods and Uruk being the site of the most sacred temple to Anu and Ishtar/Inanna, the Eanna or ‘House of Heavens’ temple.

Kufa: Encompasses the city of Ur, one of the key center of the worship of Nanna-Suen, the Moon God thought to be the father of or Shamash and Ishtar, and the center of the greatest Sumerian Empire under the Third Dynasty. Housed the E-gish-shir-gal/“House of the Great Light” temple.

Mosul: Encompasses the ancient Assyrian city of Nineveh, capital of the Neo-Assyrian Empire and once host to one of the greatest temples to Ishtar in the Mesopotamian world, as well as temples to the other major gods worshiped by the Assyrians and the Library of Ashurbanipal.

Sur/Beirut: Possible site for the sacred Cedar Forest mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh, sacred to the gods and former home to the demon son of the god Hanbi, Humbaba, who was simultaneously thought of as a great and terrible demon and a noble king of the forest.

Edessa: Encompasses the city of Harran, which is both the last major urban center for the Mesopotamian faith and the site of the last extant Mesopotamian temple, the E-hul-hul or “House of Joys” Temple of Nanna-Suen.

Hail: Likely site of the ancient oasis-city of Tayma, where Nabonidus, last King of the Babylonian Empire, resided for ten years to worship Nanna-Suen.

Bahrein: Site of Dilmun, both a historic polity that engaged in trade with the Mesopotamian and a mythical land ‘where the sun rises’ and where the Babylonians thought the creation of the world took place.
Potential Mesopotamian Holy Sites CK2.png

Possible Events

Mourning of Tammuz - Potential Conversion Event

Event Requirements: Capital in de-jure kingdoms of Iraq/Babylonia, al-Jazira/Assyria, or province of Edessa. Month of July.

Synopsis: The ruler is walking through the street of their capital with a few guards when they hear a grief-stricken wail. Curious, they set out to find the source and as they get closer they can hear the telltale sound of weeping and lamentations. When they arrive, they find a crowd of women in the throes of grief, weeping their eyes out, beating their chest and tearing their hair. Others can be seen leaving houses with miniature gardens in hand which they place along the street or reverently holding ash-baked kamanu cakes engraved with strange symbols or in the shape of a woman. The word ‘Tammuz’ comes up again and again, but neither the ruler nor the guards understand what a month have to do with mourning.

Path 1: ‘Bah, just a bunch of superstitious peasants’: The event ends, nothing happens.

Path 2: ‘Damned heathens!’: The city guard are called on to disperse the crowd, destroy the ritual offerings, and have the women involved beaten or killed. Gain 100 piety and -10 opinion malus (tyrant) for 2 years.

Path 3: ‘What is this, some sort of funeral?’: A guard pulls aside one of the older women.

After being given assurances that she and her fellows won’t be harmed, she explains that they’re mourning for Tammuz, the great shepherd whose marriage to the goddess Ishtar brings about the spring harvest and whose death brings its end. As she mourns in the heavens, so to do they mourn him on Earth. They offer the dead god the plants in their gardens, which in death go down to him in Kur, and to Ishtar they offer the same kamanu cakes he ate in life, as consolation for her loss and a reminder that he will return from Kur in time for the next spring.

Path 3.1: ‘Well, I suppose that’s interesting.’ Neutral, gives 10 Cultural Tech points and -10 piety.

Path 3.2: ‘I will not tolerate pagans in my city.’ Same as Path 2.

Path 3.3: ‘Quaint, but it seems harmless enough.’ Gains ‘Sympathy with Pagans’ trait.

Path 3.4: ‘Tammuz? Ishtar? Please, tell me more of these gods!’ Either goes directly to conversion to unreformed Mesoptoamian paganism, or starts a short event chain wherein the ruler goes on a few faux-pilgrimages to the holy sites seeking knowledge and followers of the gods, converting at the end with a few Mesopotamian courtier gained

v0.45.0 Nimue
2019-11-15 v0.45.0 "Nimue"

Nimue, along with several other variant spellings, is given as the name of the Lady of the Lake in several Arthurian legends. Believed to be based on the multitude of goddesses and fairy queens associated with water in Celtic myth, she is the foster mother of Lancelot and his cousins and guides Merlin in his quest to make Arthur a great king of the Britons.

General:

• Fixed the descriptive text in various immortals events that didn't account for the random immortals introduced by this mod.
    • There's like a million of them, I didn't get them all. I'll get back to them periodically when my will to live comes back :/
  • Fixed several missing event pictures.
  • Fixed some interface bugs.
  • Merged changes from latest CK2 version.
Celtic:

• Removed the Druid requirement from the Chancellor council position for Celtic/Druidic rulers. This was extremely difficult to fulfill for early rulers and was on shaky ground from a lore perspective.
  • Fixed some small issues with the Archdruid title showing up as ARCH[cur]DRUID[/cur]FOA in places.
  • Fixed a bug where the Gold Smith would give rulers in the Celtic Pagan subgroup generic pagan crowns instead of Torques.

Four Patron Deity Write-ups for Mespotamian Paganism.

My knowledge and understanding of the involved mechanics and balance is lacking at best, so those are just guesses on what kind of effects might be appropriate. If anything in the descriptions of the deities is problematic, I'll be happy to adjust where needed.

While I'm not intending to stop at these four, I thought it better to get your (theStormWeaver's) input on these (and how many options I should make) before I move any farther forward.
Anu, An to the Sumerians, is the Divine Patriarch and God of the Sky. He is the font from which flows all authority, both mortal and divine, is the ancestor of the gods, and is the uppermost layer of the heavens which contains all creation. He was the original King of the Gods, but abdicated the throne in favor of his son Enlil, who now oversees the Divine Assembly. Nevertheless, he is still a figure worthy of the upmost respect and it is by his authority which the King of the Gods rules over the Earth.
+2 Stewardship
+0.25 Prestige
+20 Dynasty Opinion

Enlil, King of the Gods, Lord of Storm, Wind, Air and Earth. He is both son and successor of Anu, by whose authority he heads the Divine Assembly of the Gods which determines the fate of the world and in antiquity was the principle god of sacred Nippur. It was Enlil who separated sky and earth to make the world habitable, and he who sent the Great Flood to destroy mankind. Whether his wrath is his own or that of the Divine Assembly, to mankind today he is a beneficent and just Father and the patron of agriculture.
+2 Diplomacy
+1 Stewardship
+5 % National Tax Modifier

Ea, Enki to the Sumerians, is a many faceted god. He is associated with the act of creation, mortal crafts, fertility, magic, intelligence, and is the keeper of the Mes, the divine decrees and powers which define all aspects of human civilization. Above all though, Ea is the god of the Abzu, the great subterranean sea beneath the earth from which all earthly bodies of water draw on as their source. It is within the Abzu that Ea dwells, and from which he governs all the waters of the world.
+2 Learning
+? Cultural Technology Spread
+0.25 Piety

Ishtar, Inanna in the days of old Sumer, is the Goddess of Love and War, among many other things. Ishtar is the Queen of Heaven and Earth, Foremost in Battle, Destroyer of Nations, and both chooser and patron of kings. She is the young maiden, virginal in the throes of her first love, and yet she is also the prostitute, experienced and sensual. She is a being of contradiction and paradox, both the great power which oversees justice and the force which allows the people to step outside the mores and rules which govern everyday life.
+2 Martial
+1 Intrigue
+5 Personal Combat Score

I am getting an issue with localisation (see picture). Can anyone point me to what could be causing it? Basically, any time my ruler gets the "sword of [God's name]" upon winning a holy war, it ends up all messed up. I noticed it after reforming the Celtic faith; there must be something wrong with the gods' names because I noticed the same error in at least one other place (an event mentioning a god's name).
celtic_bug.png

Attachments

• celtic_bug.png
    celtic_bug.png
    270,9 KB · Views: 7
I am getting an issue with localisation (see picture). Can anyone point me to what could be causing it? Basically, any time my ruler gets the "sword of [God's name]" upon winning a holy war, it ends up all messed up. I noticed it after reforming the Celtic faith; there must be something wrong with the gods' names because I noticed the same error in at least one other place (an event mentioning a god's name).
View attachment 539107

It's a save game bug where the save file doesn't space out the god names. In order for it to appear right you need to edit the save and manually insert the spaces between the names. If you are playing ironman then you're just going to have to endure it.

It's a save game bug where the save file doesn't space out the god names. In order for it to appear right you need to edit the save and manually insert the spaces between the names. If you are playing ironman then you're just going to have to endure it.

Thanks!

Ugh; I payed good money for this game, like eighteen different times, we all did. You'd think paradox would have the basic respect for their customer base to at least keep patching bugs like this, or the one where the AI can't found bloodlines properly, etc, before they moved on to a new game. No way in Hel am I ever getting CK3 after this treatment. Fucking capitalists, man.

v0.46.0 Isis
2020-01-27 v0.46.0 "Isis"

Isis was originally a minor goddess of funerary rites and magical protection; a role mimicking her portrayal in the Osiris myth, where she resurrected her husband Osiris and protected their child Horus. Over the millenia she rose in prominence alongside her husband, eventually eclipsing him in popularity. By the time of the Roman Principate the worship of Isis could be found all over the Mediterranean, with local cults adapting her worship to their own customs.

Celtic:

• Fixed an issue that prevented the correct background and "small symbol" for the Petitioners of the Unseelie Court.
  • Fixed an issue where Celtic characters would not always receive a tattoo trait when they should.
  • Fixed an issue where a bonus to Celtic Pagan/Druidic opinion wasn't defined.
Hellenic:

• Fixed an issue where the Skeptic and Epicurean orders were not joinable.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented god names from showing in certain monastic order events.
Promethean/Titan:

• Fixed an issue that prevented the correct background and "small symbol" for The Coven.
Egyptian:

• Fixed a bug that prevented the Nile Flooding events from firing.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the correct background and "small symbol" for the Fangs of Apep.
  • Added the Isiac Order, a stewardship focused monastic order.
    • Formable by Egyptian/Kemetic characters, with similar criteria found in the Neoplatonist society decisions.
    • Otherwise identical to other monastic orders.
    • Joinable by Hellenic/Reformed Hellenic characters as well.

v0.46.1 Imentet
2020-01-28 v0.46.1 "Imentet"

Imentet was a minor goddess in Ancient Egyptian religion representing the necropolises west of the Nile. She was the consort of Aqen, a god who guided Ra through parts of the underworld. Although she was never officially worshipped, she was mentioned in various hymns and passages of the Book of the Dead. In many cases she is merged with other, more important, goddesses like Isis or Hathor.

General:

• Disabled the god list modifications that occur during pagan reformation, as it causes a savegame bug that breaks the god lists.

By the way, you seem to have misplaced your modifier_definitions.txt folder (by renaming it to modifier_definitions.txt), which you then replaced with another modifier_definitions folder and a file that looks like it's missing some modifiers.

I'm Britannic faith, and have changed to Enatic Primogeniture (with full Status of Women Laws), but whenever I grant a county and above title to someone (that also is Britannic faith btw) that title then says it's now Agnatic Gavelkind and with the lowest Status of Women law.

Even when it's a dukedom I've created (and so it should have the same laws) it still says it's switched.

Anyone know what's causing that?

Seems odd to have a matriarchal faith in a Kingdom with full Sow laws and Enatic Primo but every country and dukedom not directly owned by me flips to Agnatic Gavelkind and lowest SoW laws.

Anyway to edit Britannic faith so it forces all Britannic faith holders of titles to Enatic/Enatic-Cognatic succession?

I'm Britannic faith, and have changed to Enatic Primogeniture (with full Status of Women Laws), but whenever I grant a county and above title to someone (that also is Britannic faith btw) that title then says it's now Agnatic Gavelkind and with the lowest Status of Women law.

Even when it's a dukedom I've created (and so it should have the same laws) it still says it's switched.

Anyone know what's causing that?

Seems odd to have a matriarchal faith in a Kingdom with full Sow laws and Enatic Primo but every country and dukedom not directly owned by me flips to Agnatic Gavelkind and lowest SoW laws.

Anyway to edit Britannic faith so it forces all Britannic faith holders of titles to Enatic/Enatic-Cognatic succession?

That's mostly a vanilla issue, the game defaults everything to gravelkind for your vassals even if you're say elective or primogeniture. Same for the gender inheritance being defaulted to either Agnatic or Agnatic-Cognatic instead of whatever the top title is.

For anyone else annoyed by titles defaulting away from enatic and max SoW law I made a (hopefully low weight, nowhere near an expert at modding) event that brute forces enatic succession and SoW law for Britannic or matriarchal reform rulers that don't have either enatic or SoW L4.

Code:
namespace = acr_enatic_correction
character_event = {
  id = acr_enatic_correction.0001
  hide_window = yes

#Fast event triggers
  only_rulers = yes

trigger = {
    OR = {
        religion = britannic_pagan
        has_religion_feature = religion_matriarchal
    }
    OR = {
        NOT = { has_law = enatic_succession }
        NOT = { has_law = status_of_women_4 }
    }
  }
  mean_time_to_happen = {
    days = 1
  }
  immediate = {
    any_demesne_title = {
        add_law = { law = enatic_succession cooldown = no opinion_effect = no }
        add_law = { law = status_of_women_4 cooldown = no opinion_effect = no }
    }
    recalc_succession = yes
  }
  option = {
    name = EVTOPTAacr_enatic_correction.0001
    piety = 1
  }
}

How do you get the Britannic faith? I never seem to have it pop up when I'm playing the mod. Is there a event or decision that causes you to switch over to it from Celtic?

By the way, you seem to have misplaced your modifier_definitions.txt folder (by renaming it to modifier_definitions.txt), which you then replaced with another modifier_definitions folder and a file that looks like it's missing some modifiers.

That sentence doesn't really make sense.

@Wolfman217 Are you giving the title to another Britannic ruler?

@jerald It's a heresy, so you need to do whatever you might normally do if you wanted to switch to a heresy of your religion. Like, if you were doing a Cathar play through you would start as Catholic and then do... stuff? to try to become Cathar. The wiki probably has some good strategies.

I've been thinking that some kind of event that lets you switch over more peacefully and deliberately (as opposed to simply tanking your moral authority by sucking at the game on purpose until the heresy shows up) would be a good idea.