• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
v0.44.3 Arianrhod
2019-08-24 v0.44.3 "Arianrhod"

Arianrhod is the daughter of Don in Welsh legend. She plays an important role in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi when she magically gives birth to two sons while stepping over Math's staff to prove her virginity (and thus her fitness as footholder). The first son was Dylan ail Don, but the second was an amorphous blob of flesh. Eventually this blob would grow up to become "Lleu Llaw Gyffes", "Fair-haired One of the Skillful Hand", but that's another story...​

General:

• Fixes a bug in the Warrior Lodge hunting events where the new warrior lodges would default to the Norse event description and would not receive the correct rewards when choosing to take the quarry as a trophy.
  • Fixes a bug where Pagan County Conquest was no longer able to be used across one sea zone as intended.
  • Fixes a rare issue with the artifact hunt where the celtic and hellenic subgroup couldn't get their tier 1 artifacts.

It's kind of a tangential issue but does anyone know how to disable the tattoos that get applied to Celtic pagans? The African tattoos seem a tad out of place. I can see what flags are getting applied and remove the tattoos manually but I imagine just deleting the triggers for the flags would just break everything. I'd rather they get the Norse tattoos or nothing at all. Thanks for any help!

Edit: I'm dumb and missed the obvious. I believe it has to do with the animistic doctrine being folded into the unique Celtic reform option. No need to help anymore.

Last edited:
It's kind of a tangential issue but does anyone know how to disable the tattoos that get applied to Celtic pagans? The African tattoos seem a tad out of place. I can see what flags are getting applied and remove the tattoos manually but I imagine just deleting the triggers for the flags would just break everything. I'd rather they get the Norse tattoos or nothing at all. Thanks for any help!

Edit: I'm dumb and missed the obvious. I believe it has to do with the animistic doctrine being folded into the unique Celtic reform option. No need to help anymore.

I could modify the effect so they get Norse tattoos instead.

I could modify the effect so they get Norse tattoos instead.
Oh, that'd be lovely! I have no idea if other players prefer the African tattoos though. Would the fix be as simple as switching out any mention of the African tattoos for Norse tattoos in the 00_scripted_effects file? If so, I could probably just do that myself and save you the trouble. Thanks for the help by the way.

While Plus is being rewritten, we are going over the current version of this mod, but not simply copying all the code, for various reasons. I can assure you most of the religions will be part of Plus once again, however.

I assume it would be a huge project to merge this with a big expansion like Tianxia that already adds and changes many eastern religions/provinces?
Yeah, it's a ton of work. I've done it for one of my personal mod packs that includes Tianxia. You have to know how to merge all of the files including the graphics files for the religion icons and such. If you want to embark on that project yourself, I can answer any questions you have via PM. Tianxia is still in beta and almost any time one of the two mods would update it would break the compatch, so I doubt anyone is going to be putting in a lot of effort for it at the moment to post one.

None of these religions would be open to homosexuality. I'm not really interested in creating a compatibility mod, though if one was made I'd put a link to it in the OP and mention it here in a post.

What? Since when? Like, the Hellenics were so not-opposed to homosexuality that in order to create little Spartans, newlywed Spartan women had to shave their heads and dress like boys so their husband didn't need to think about how they were sleeping with an icky girl. They were literally Homonormative. There are Roman-era-tombs-with-Victorian-era-vandalism for lesbian spouses. I don't know about the Kemetics or Celtic Pagans, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that they weren't exactly quoting Bible verses about how someone else's god hates gays either.