• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was also thinking from a RP point. I'm just saying that where the Holy Roman Emperor will swear loyalty to the Pope, the Evangelical Patriarch swears loyalty to the HCC Emperor. If there were a need for the Emperor to be crowned by the Patriarch, refusing to do so would probably be seen as treason, meaning the Patriarch would lose more legitimacy than the Emperor.

Huuum I see, that kinda makes sense when I think about it, since the Protestant Church has been born partly because of a rejection of the Pope and the Papal power in general.

I will still push my idea with a slightly different approach : I could see the Patriarch trying to elevate himself on Papal-like levels if the Crown authority is weak or inexistant and if the Emperor is a bad one, that could be an interesting event where the main Patriarch (which is called President in the mod I believe) takes power. But that's an idea for another day anyway

If you need any help with the Christian religions or really religion in general, I can give you some info and then try to see how they would morph as time went on. I was once a seminarian so I kind of know a bit about it.
EDIT: Furthermore, I could help flesh out the story, and the evangelical faith in general. The fact that the "evangelical faith" itself is represented as it is in game hurts me. I have modding experience but I could maybe help iron it out, like, by explaining how Hank Hanegraff and Ronnie Floyd ended the schism between the Orthodox Church and the Southern Baptist Denomination by subsuming the Southern Baptists into an Orthodox framework, and as the centuries ticked on the rest of the Protestant denominations in the south entered into this framework. There could also be a number of "sects" within it, either as societies or (more likely) character traits that add certain malaises and benefits.

Last edited:
Did anyone ever get around to adding remnants of the old world as Adventurers?

Heard at one point the idea was to have a few "bunkers" open up and "Space Station" people come down and pop in with extremely powerful units. The idea was that they still had guns and good equipment.. they'd randomly take some land and move out from there.

This was supposed to be some kinda like mid-tier event that'd happen randomly and would also be a chance for characters to take guns and gear from these old survivors.
No. We aren't doing this. We aren't adding any "pre-Event" characters, realms, invasions, etc etc etc. This is a hard rule.
Adding pre-Event people would require us to reveal what the world was like before the Event and, potentially, what the Event actually was. The ambiguity around both of these things is part of what makes AtE's setting great. We don't want to compromise that.

If you need any help with the Christian religions or really religion in general, I can give you some info and then try to see how they would morph as time went on. I was once a seminarian so I kind of know a bit about it.
EDIT: Furthermore, I could help flesh out the story, and the evangelical faith in general. The fact that the "evangelical faith" itself is represented as it is in game hurts me. I have modding experience but I could maybe help iron it out, like, by explaining how Hank Hanegraff and Ronnie Floyd ended the schism between the Orthodox Church and the Southern Baptist Denomination by subsuming the Southern Baptists into an Orthodox framework, and as the centuries ticked on the rest of the Protestant denominations in the south entered into this framework. There could also be a number of "sects" within it, either as societies or (more likely) character traits that add certain malaises and benefits.
The Evangelical faith is plenty fleshed out already. We've added some more flavor text that adds a few more subtle clues. For example, we've made it clear that the Anglicans of Canada were invited to take part in the Evangelical Convention called by the HCC Emperor but that they refused, and that Charismatic Christianity was officially declared heretical by the convention. I feel like that's enough for observant players to figure out exactly how the Evangelical faith become united.

Evangelical Christianity in AtE already has pretty much your exact backstory in it. It's just that the player never gets beaten over the head with this backstory. Imagine if you launched this mod for the first time and decided to play as the HCC. Then, the first thing you see is a novella explaining that after Emperor Leonidas I conquered the South and formed the HCC, he called an Evangelical Convention that gathered together the Orthodox, Southern Baptist, Episcopal, etc etc etc churches and that this Convention, after weeks and weeks and weeks of debate, hammered out a set of "Evangelical Precepts" that would go on to become the basis for a United-

I mean, some people might find this interesting. But I'm guessing that, at this point, most players close the event window and try to just play the game. Eventually, this player gets hit with another wall of text about how the Anglican Church in Canada refused to participate in the Evangelical Convention because they did not recognize the authority of the Holy Columbian Emperor and didn't wish to have their church under American suprema-

I mean, there isn't even anywhere to put all this lore in the game without massive event windows or religion tooltips that go off the screen. It drags the entire gameplay experience down and buries the conventionally-"fun" parts of the mod under a Mount Everest of lore.

Let me put it this way - you came up with your own headcanon for why Evangelical Christianity is united. That's exactly what you're supposed to do. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
I actually quite like those ideas. I also think that maybe more German names should be added into the Texan cultural name lists, to reflect the unique Texas German culture that dominated the state frontier in the 19th and 20th centuries, which isn't something you hear about everyday in modern times.

A few questions though, what about Emperor-tier titles? And what about republics/merchant republics (cities and higher), theocracies (temples and higher), or, if certain conditions happen causing this, nomad titles (Khagan-tier, Khan-tier, etc). And let's not forget about viceroy or councilor titles.
I never thought that far, but I was hoping my suggestion could be good enough for a base to build on.

There are two provinces with Detisch culture in Texas already, in the areas with the most German settlement.

We haven't added any custom localization for Texan realms, but we have added some Western-style localization for non-Native nomads - Khans are now called Lawmen, and Khagans are called Sheriffs.
Considering the mechanics of nomads, I think calling them titles that are tied to law and order seems to be a bit of a misnomer.

However, I did come up with a prototype idea that could replace "Khaganate." I used the term "Range" based on Rangeland. Perhaps for a "Khanate," "Ranch" can be used?

I brought this up on the original AtE thread, and I'm going to do so here.

I understand this wouldn't necessarily be a priority, but I always appreciated the province modifiers that dotted the map (Golden Gate Bridge, Mount Rushmore, Statue of Liberty, etc), they simply add a nice bit of flavor to the game.

With this, is there any chance we could see this expanded upon? These unique provincial highlights would separate the truly exceptional land from the more hum drum. There's a lot one could do; geographical features could well add a defensive fort level bonus, and constructions could provide benefits ranging from prestige, piety, or even gold. What's more, there could be decisions and events involving these landmarks, perhaps even allowing a ruler to restore some to their former glory at a great cost.

I've always felt that if anything, AtE was lacking a sense of humanity slowly crawling back to pre-apocalyptic glory. I'm going off on a tangent now, but I'd love to see more of that. Nothing too extreme of course, everything would still have to fit into the whole "medieval America" thing going on. Nothing along the lines of for example say, a modern army , but rather a well trained retinue of steel-potted elites with the latest breakthrough, hand cannons! That sort of thing.

We've been considering expanding the province modifiers for v0.2. (v0.1 is gonna come out on Sunday)

Some ideas we have so far are Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood being turned into a Cetic temple and New York City's subway system being flooded with rumors of sea monsters dwelling there (reference to sewer gators).

First, to the entire team that have picked up their "forks" and carried this forward, thanks! I'm enjoying this mod immensely. I'm a late comer. I remember seeing the original thread talking about the idea a few years back, but then lost track of the mod and just found it again after being reminded of its existence by seeing someone streaming it on Twitch.

I didn't see a spot in the original post for reporting bugs, so I'll just drop them here. I'm using the version that was current as of yesterday (Change log starts with "Added in After the End 0.9 - Compatible with CK2 2.7.0.2, and the Monks & Mystics DLC"). Not sure if these are because the game is actually up to 2.8.x

1. The Presidency has become a hereditary title, but with a "fake" election. I started as the Colonel of Philadelphia. I created a custom character and jumped into the game. There were a few elections that happened "correctly" without a detectable issue on my end. My second ruler was too young to run, but later in his life, he had a chance to run and was elected when he was about 45 years old. Since then, whenever my character dies, the heir inherits the title. The election events fire, but are all blank. Basically I get a blank window announcing who is running shortly followed by a blank "cast your vote" interaction pop-up with a single blank button. Neither pop-up has any graphics As you can see below, I have the title, and can do everything the President can do, but I do not have the President trait that gives a boost to Patriotism and Prestige.

2. The Reform America and make The Men in Black a vassal actions don't have icons in the intrigue menu.

3. Despite what the change log states, I do not have access to the armor or weapon smith intrigue actions even though I have the required DLC and it is active.

Pres_Inherited.jpg

3. Despite what the change log states, I do not have access to the armor or weapon smith intrigue actions even though I have the required DLC and it is active.

View attachment 350077

What intrigue actions? Weaponsmith is a random event from vanilla and it works in the mod. I got the event randomly and ended the event chain with a nice fancy sword for my King of Columbia (formerly the Duke of Delmarva)

First, to the entire team that have picked up their "forks" and carried this forward, thanks! I'm enjoying this mod immensely. I'm a late comer. I remember seeing the original thread talking about the idea a few years back, but then lost track of the mod and just found it again after being reminded of its existence by seeing someone streaming it on Twitch.

I didn't see a spot in the original post for reporting bugs, so I'll just drop them here. I'm using the version that was current as of yesterday (Change log starts with "Added in After the End 0.9 - Compatible with CK2 2.7.0.2, and the Monks & Mystics DLC"). Not sure if these are because the game is actually up to 2.8.x

1. The Presidency has become a hereditary title, but with a "fake" election. I started as the Colonel of Philadelphia. I created a custom character and jumped into the game. There were a few elections that happened "correctly" without a detectable issue on my end. My second ruler was too young to run, but later in his life, he had a chance to run and was elected when he was about 45 years old. Since then, whenever my character dies, the heir inherits the title. The election events fire, but are all blank. Basically I get a blank window announcing who is running shortly followed by a blank "cast your vote" interaction pop-up with a single blank button. Neither pop-up has any graphics As you can see below, I have the title, and can do everything the President can do, but I do not have the President trait that gives a boost to Patriotism and Prestige.

2. The Reform America and make The Men in Black a vassal actions don't have icons in the intrigue menu.

View attachment 350077
1. We've been having a lot of issues with the Presidency. We've tried fixing a few things, but it seems like the election system has a lot of issues that we simply don't know how to deal with. (To be specific - the c_americanist title is supposed to get deactivated during elections, but that isn't happening, and we can't really find a workaround for it either. This messes up a whole bunch of other things, too.) We plan to rework the entire thing for v0.2, but for now we're just leaving it as-is.

2. EDIT - just fixed this, both of those decisions should now have pictures attached.

3. EDIT - just fixed this too, wasn't as hard as it seemed at first

Last edited:
What intrigue actions? Weaponsmith is a random event from vanilla and it works in the mod. I got the event randomly and ended the event chain with a nice fancy sword for my King of Columbia (formerly the Duke of Delmarva)
One of the recent updates (or maybe it was in Jade Dragon) gives you an intrigue event that allows you to call jewelry or armor smith to your court and start the event chain.

Does this mod work with the new version?
It is for me ... with the few glitches mentioned above. It loads and seems to run fine. I haven't played another religion/culture, so can't speak to the full-mod.

Last edited:
1. We've been having a lot of issues with the Presidency. We've tried fixing a few things, but it seems like the election system has a lot of issues that we simply don't know how to deal with. (To be specific - the c_americanist title is supposed to get deactivated during elections, but that isn't happening, and we can't really find a workaround for it either. This messes up a whole bunch of other things, too.) We plan to rework the entire thing for v0.2, but for now we're just leaving it as-is.
Okay ... quick update after a few hours of playing it today ... it appears that the inheritance behavior only happens when your heir meets all the requirements for the title. If they don't, the election seems to proceed as expected. I've been blessed with some pretty old rulers (all 70+), when a 45 year emperor old died, his 20 year old son didn't get the title.

Rather than deactivate it during the election maybe have the event grant the title to the winner at the end (when they get the trait). I know when you use console to do that, it neatly strips the old character of the title and gives it to the new one. Its been a long time since I modded, so not sure the current state of events/triggers.

Okay ... quick update after a few hours of playing it today ... it appears that the inheritance behavior only happens when your heir meets all the requirements for the title. If they don't, the election seems to proceed as expected. I've been blessed with some pretty old rulers (all 70+), when a 45 year emperor old died, his 20 year old son didn't get the title.

Rather than deactivate it during the election maybe have the event grant the title to the winner at the end (when they get the trait). I know when you use console to do that, it neatly strips the old character of the title and gives it to the new one. Its been a long time since I modded, so not sure the current state of events/triggers.

That's already how it's supposed to work. The title is supposed to get deactivated during the election and then get re-activated and given to the winner at the end. The problem is that the title never deactivates in the first place, which screws everything up. There isn't an adequate workaround for it, either, because c_americanist is a count-level title, which doesn't allow us to destroy the title instead of deactivating it.

From what I can understand, the reason the elections don't work properly in this situation is because your ruler already fit all of the requirements for being President after they inherited the title (which, again, shouldn't be able to happen in the first place). This prevents the elections from being held properly, because the title already has a suitable ruler. The reason your inherited presidents don't have the associated trait is because that is technically assigned separately from the c_americanist title itself.

Again, it's a mess and we don't really know how to fix it right now. We could make the Presidency into a duke-level title instead of a count-level title, but that might cause issues if a vassal of an Americanist duke wins the election - they'll automatically become independent from their liege, and then their liege will declare war on them to get the land back, and then the Presidency gets destroyed and a new election has to be held. That's kind of messy, and we don't want to deal with that.

Last edited:
That's already how it's supposed to work. The title is supposed to get deactivated during the election and then get re-activated and given to the winner at the end. The problem is that the title never deactivates in the first place, which screws everything up. There isn't an adequate workaround for it, either, because c_americanist is a count-level title, which doesn't allow us to destroy the title instead of deactivating it.

From what I can understand, the reason the elections don't work properly in this situation is because your ruler already fit all of the requirements for being President after they inherited the title (which, again, shouldn't be able to happen in the first place). This prevents the elections from being held properly, because the title already has a suitable ruler. The reason your inherited presidents don't have the associated trait is because that is technically assigned separately from the c_americanist title itself.

Again, it's a mess and we don't really know how to fix it right now. We could make the Presidency into a duke-level title instead of a count-level title, but that might cause issues if a vassal of an Americanist duke wins the election - they'll automatically become independent from their liege, and then their liege will declare war on them to get the land back, and then the Presidency gets destroyed and a new election has to be held. That's kind of messy, and we don't want to deal with that.
Forgive me if this cant work (I know very, very little in the way of modding), but would it be possible to have the elections fire whenever the c_americanist title is transferred in any way, and stripping it once someone else wins?

I'm not too familiar with CK2 modding, but would adding a requirement to the Presidency that the holder must have either the President trait or a Presidential Candidate trait work? You could become a Presidential Candidate by taking the decision to run for president, and it would disappear when you dropped out or the new President was elected.

I think the Presidency should be a duke-tier title. It seems weird to me that someone could hold a religious head title and have the possibility of being the vassal of a mere duke, due to the obvious influence that is tied with being the religious head.

I never thought that far, but I was hoping my suggestion could be good enough for a base to build on.

Considering the mechanics of nomads, I think calling them titles that are tied to law and order seems to be a bit of a misnomer.

However, I did come up with a prototype idea that could replace "Khaganate." I used the term "Range" based on Rangeland. Perhaps for a "Khanate," "Ranch" can be used?

"Ranger" and "Rancher?" Possibly