• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

9Kbits

Major
43 Badges
Sep 8, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome Gold
Good tidings, all!
This thread is dedicated to discussion of the After the End Fan Fork.

What is the After the End Fan Fork?
The After the End Fan Fork is a fan project based on the existing After the End mod by Ofaloaf. For those of you who don't know, After the End is a total conversion mod for CK2 set in a post-apocalyptic New World.

The current goal of the After the End Fan Fork is to update After the End so that it is fully compatible with the current CK2 patch, to incorporate gameplay features that are present in vanilla CK2/DLC but not AtE (such as societies, secret religions, off-map powers, etc), and add entirely new features to the mod. This project is not in any way intended to be an official successor to the original After the End mod - it's simply a way to better coordinate the efforts of AtE fans and submodders.

Where can we download the mod?
The latest stable version can be found in the link below. This link includes the mod itself and all official portrait packs.

We also have a Steam Workshop version that we maintain regularly, but that's prone to bugs that we can't really control. The direct download version is preferred.

The latest stable version - v1.2a - is compatible with Patch 3.3.4.

Installation instructions are provided in the readme. If you have any questions about installation, please locate the readme and read through that first.

Please note that the Fan Fork is a standalone mod - you do not need to run the original version of AtE alongside it, and doing this will result in severe bugs.

Which mods are compatible with AtE/the Fan Fork?
After the End is a true total conversion mod, and as such you should assume that no other mods are compatible with it unless explicitly stated otherwise. Even seemingly-minor mods, like expanded ruler designers, can conflict with this mod and cause game-breaking bugs.

Is there a Discord server we can join?
Yes! You can find it here.

Are donations allowed?
Yes! Feel free to donate to my Patreon page, if you are so inclined.

THIS IS A POST-APOCALYPTIC SETTING? LET ME TELL YOU HOW I THINK LANGUAGES WILL EVOLVE OVER THE NEXT SIX CENT-
Whoa, hey, steady on there. Yeah, it's a post-apocalyptic setting, but that's mainly just an excuse to have knights and castles and stuff in North America. We're not really trying to make a serious and wholly accurate representation of what things would be like after an apocalyptic event happened. We're also trying to restrain ourselves and not go nuts with wacky silliness either, so don't start going on about how some pop culture reference needs its own kingdom implemented right now.

Why is [x] in [y] region? I don't get it.
These things are usually references to an aspect of regional or local culture that may not make much sense to those who aren't familiar with the area. For example, most of the Upper Midwest is Norse Pagan to reflect the local sports culture and strong Scandinavian heritage of the area. Similarly, Guyana is majority Hindu because the population today is plurality East Indian and because Hinduism is the second-largest religion.

Why isn't [insert feature here] in the mod?
Feel free to ask! Just keep in mind that we've made our minds up on certain things. For example, we won't include anything that openly insults or degrades the group(s) being represented, and we won't shoehorn in something from vanilla just for the sake of having it in AtE too.

Wait, who are you exactly?
I'm 9Kbits. I made the Judaism Submod for After the End, which is why the Fan Fork includes it.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Sounds awesome I can't wait to ho back into my favorite mod. By the why where can I download the Judaism Sub mod?
I've attached it to this post.

Attachments

• After the End Judaism Submod v0.3.zip
    41 MB · Views: 408
I have previously compiled a list of submods on the primary AtE thread, it has been edited onto the first post of the thread, towards the bottom; will you consider seeking the permissions to implement those as well?

I can attest that most of them are functional, I don't believe that the Righteous Assembly submod has been updated recently enough to function, but I imagine it could be. That, and all of submods posted there should be the most up to date versions, save for your Judaism mod, of which you obviously already have the latest.

Most of the mods there are pretty small, and simple, but they do add some flavor. I'd particularly recommend 1930sman's submod; it brought over a lot of vanilla content that is fitting(runestones for Norse, searching for gurus and finding eunuchs for Cetics, etc), and also added some unique event chains.

Very excited to see what comes of the mod, and I'm glad that it is in good hands.

Last edited:
I have previously compiled a list of submods on the primary AtE thread, it has been edited onto the first post of the thread, towards the bottom; will you consider seeking the permissions to implement those as well?

I can attest that most of them are functional, I don't believe that the Righteous Assembly submod has been updated recently enough to function, but I imagine it could be. That, and all of submods posted there should be the most up to date versions, save for your Judaism mod, of which you obviously already have the latest.

Most of the mods there are pretty small, and simple, but they do add some flavor. I'd particularly recommend 1930sman's submod; it brought over a lot of vanilla content that is fitting(runestones for Norse, searching for Gurus and finding eunuchs for Cetics, etc), and also added some unique event chains.

Very excited to see what comes of the mod, and I'm glad that it is in good hands.

Yes feel free to add mine if you wanted permission. Also looking with keen interest.

Maybe you'll be interested in this.

I made this some times ago. You can use it if you want.

Link to .dds: http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/UVWBzQWV/file.html
Or to .png if you don't trust me xD: https://i.imgur.com/yU4RhCp.png

I4SMP0K.png

Maybe you'll be interested in this.

Interesting, we will certainly take a look at adding more graphics and content in general.

Speaking of which, I know many among us are artistically adept. I would therefore like to ask if there is anyone willing to spare time helping us beautify the mod.

We are specifically looking for:
-public domain music we can add to the game (thematically appropriate)
-AtE maps, like the one from @ffff to add among loading screens
-pictures for events/government flavors
-descriptions for dynasties that still don't have one
-names and descriptions for artifacts

We will credit you for providing the content, assuming of course it is not protected by someones copyright. In which case we sadly can't and won't include it.

Ive been waiting for ATE to update for so long, Im so happy that this is a thing, I agree with your idea on focusing on the bugs first tho I do have some ideas for once you're done with that tbh, I just hope that updating it to the newest update dosent take very long so I can play it again lol, so good luck!