• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, the portrait submods aren't working for me through Steam Workshop despite having the DLCs required. Where is the direct download for those portrait submods? The Steam Workshop link leads me to the first page of this thread, but I don't see anything there and there's 177 pages of this stuff. Sorry, I'm just a little lost on what to do and tired of seeing all these vanilla Arabs everywhere despite having all the content DLCs plus that free DLC everyone got for West Africans in the base game.
The link is on the very first post, exactly 12 lines down (or 15 if you count paragraph breaks).

New Patch v1.1c

• Adjusted geographical regions to make more sense
  • Added temple holding to Pomeroon (requires new save)
  • Allowed Qabantajik to demand conversion, removed polygamy and human sacrifice from Qabantajik
  • Changed/updated many name lists (assistance from Lahom and al-Sayyid)
  • Fixed numerous localization and graphical errors
  • Added name change events for the Kingdom of Lakotah (turns into either Dakota or Northland depending on ruling culture) and Deseret (reverts to Utah when not ruled by a Latter-Day Saint)
  • Adjusted likelihood of Southern Crusade
  • Updated flags (including suggested flags by Bill IV Clinton)
  • Added a Present Bachelor decision (male Present Debutante equivalent)
  • Added a decision to form a de jure Kingdom of Wisconsin
  • Fixed inheritance issues with the Dixie Crown and Sword of the States
  • Round Table holy order should now convert religion properly
  • Fixed issues with Brumby event chain
  • Added Patria Grande crusade trait
  • Added new icon for Bureaucratic government
  • Changed de jure capital of the Kingdom of Ontario
  • Latter-Day Saints can now form the United States, and receive a special nickname upon doing so. They should also retain the Theodemocratic government type.
  • Fixed issues with potlatch event chain
  • Fixed oversight in title histories of Lousiana and Ouachita (requires new save)
  • Gaians are now locked to Status of Women IV
  • Imamites, Qingzhen, and Transcendentalist can no longer expel the Jews
  • Fixed issues with Ursuline crusade bloodlines (requires new save)
  • Ensured that salvage event chain always ends (worst-case scenario, wait one year)
  • Allowed Tlunghung bloodline to be active for reformed Raven Tales
  • Americanist Interventions now begin earlier
  • Fixed issue with Chicago Evangelical Patriarch (requires new save)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Crusade bloodlines do not appear to be working, at least for me. I won the first Ursuline Crusade as Sarah Blanchet and my beneficiary did not receive a bloodline. In another game, the winner of the first Catholic crusade did not get a bloodline either.

Last edited:
1. Is it possible that, about 500 years after the end, Neomoors and Anjalusis abandon their patronym system to make them more similar to local non-muslim population?
2. The concept of new-moors on gulfcoast is quite intriguing. But like the pirate religion, they didn't seem to be well recorded by history. Hoping to see how they affected the history of Carribean Islands!(Like, conquering an island, murdering a king, burning down a city, etc.)

To the After the End community:

Working on v1.1 was a great experience, but it reminded me just how much time and effort it takes to continuously update and improve this mod. Although I greatly enjoy working on After the End, I cannot deny that the stress of doing it takes a toll on me. The imminent start of a new school year, along with the uncertain times in which we live, has forced me to re-evaluate my priorities. As a result, I have decided to take a 5-month hiatus from working on the Fan Fork.

Now, this doesn’t mean that the Fan Fork is shutting down for good – far from it. The other devs will still monitor suggestions and brainstorm new features. I myself may still be active from time to time on the subreddit and the Discord server. However, the pace of development will slow down dramatically. The next version likely won’t be released until a few months after my hiatus ends – I’ll need time to review, approve, and implement any suggestions or additions made during the hiatus.

All payments to my Patreon page will be suspended from the start of the next billing period until the end of the hiatus. I will save the unspent money received so far, and continue spending it on mod-related expenses once the hiatus ends.

Thank you all once again for your support. I started the Fan Fork in part because I wanted the After the End community to stay alive, and I can say that, in that regard, I have exceeded beyond what I thought possible. I am honored and humbled by the community’s acceptance of my efforts. I hope that, in five months, I can get right back in the saddle and take the mod to even greater heights.

For now, though, I’ll have to leave things on hold.

Many thanks,

9Kbits

• 13Like
Reactions:
A hiatus is completely understandable.

Please don't go; the drones need you! They look up to you!

...But seriously: We all seriously appreciate the time and effort you've sunk into this mod, but the needs of the real world must and should take precedence. I wish you the best of luck on all your future endeavors.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Patch v1.1d

Patch notes:
  • Adjusted geographic area of Old Mexico
  • Allowed unreformed Revelationists to loot
  • Adjusted decision requirements for Wisconsin
  • Fixed issue where reformed pagan heads would always get feudal government, even if doctrine indicated otherwise
  • Fixed issues with crusade bloodlines
  • Fixed missing trait icon for Qabantajik branch
  • Sayyids can now appear via Muslim society decisions
  • Updated localization

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello there. I've encountered some kind of problem. I have a point where the game simply CTD's. It happens on the very same day, which makes me think it has to be something specific triggering. However, there seems to be no indication of what could it be. It just crashes without warning, but always on the same day. So if anyone can find out what it is, I'd appreciate it. I've attached a save file that is just a few days before the crash happens. Game is at its latest version (3.3.3), mod likewise latest version (1.1d). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• War Checkpoint.ck2
    12,7 MB · Views: 0
Is there anyway to figure out where the Redcoats will land?

I just did a playthrough as Count of Boston >King of New England and they basically took Connecticut and my Demesne. Is it because I had upgraded the Castles and Feudalized?
Or do they land in Other Regions as well along the Atlantic Coast?

@9bits :BTW Great Mod! It made playing CKII fun again.

Is there anyway to figure out where the Redcoats will land?

I just did a playthrough as Count of Boston >King of New England and they basically took Connecticut and my Demesne. Is it because I had upgraded the Castles and Feudalized?
Or do they land in Other Regions as well along the Atlantic Coast?

@9bits :BTW Great Mod! It made playing CKII fun again.

From what I understand they always land in Boston.

Does anyone know why my cousin is inheriting my capital of San Fransciso...while I'm alive?

Her father is the Viceroy of The Valley and King of Sacramento, and when he dies his daughter always seems to inherit San Francisco, even though it's not any part of her de jure territory (I made sure to own Gran Francisco, Golden Gate along with the county itself just in case), and she's not in the direct line of succession for any of it

Just a small thing I noticed today- one of the events for the satanic cult (I was playing a Hindu character, so whatever their variant of it is called) involves having sex ith a character of the same gender and them coming into your court; I would have thought that the event should make them lovers, but it does not. It also doesn't alter your characters sexuality, but maybe that's wad, I dunno.