• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't quote me on this, but they'll likely make a proper thread when they're either ready to release the CK3 version or when they have more to show off. As of right now they're super early into development of the CK3 mod.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm the head of the Ivy League and I want to 'Give Spiritual Guidance' to my children and grandchildren. However the prerequisites for this are possessing a trait unique to Islam - Jadidi and Ansari. I think this is a bug.

So Bruce 'the Bat' Wayne is in the same society as me and I got a mission to duel him. I fought him and won. I defeated Batman in single combat.

Update: Batman, Duke of Muskogee, died of gout at 57. :(

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
How the hell did Batman end up in... northwest Florida? Oklahoma? All I know is that Muskogee is nowhere near NYC.
Should I say it? Ifeel like I both should and shouldn't say it...

Ah, what the Hell.
because-im-batman.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hey does anybody know if I need to download patches to install the mod. I downloaded the file from the first post an extracted the zip file in the mods folder is their anything that i am missing to install it.

I am happy to announce that the first proper dev diary for the CK3 version of AtE will be posted later this week! It will be posted a day early on my Patreon - the link is in my signature! I am very excited to show you all what we've been working on for the past few months!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The next dev diary for the CK3 version of this mod has been released! Because it mostly relates to the CK3 version, I've posted it to a thread on that sub-forum. However, it also contains information relevant to the Fan Fork, so be sure to check it out!

• 2Like
Reactions:

After the End Fan Fork Dev Diary 56 - v1.1.1 (Part 1)​

Good tidings, all!

This dev diary will focus on the update we'll be releasing as we work on the major new features of v1.2. We're calling it v1.1.1, to emphasize that it is a progression of the mod even though its changes are not as flashy or exciting as our usual updates. In fact, many of the changes we are making are minor and not very well suited to the dev diary format - with the exception of a few changes in particular that I am sure many of you will be excited about.
Firstly, you won't have to wait long for this update - it will be coming out on Valentine's Day 2021. It will also not be save game compatible, for reasons that will be discussed shortly.

Now, onto one of our largest changes for v1.1.1. Our generous and able mapper BoneLorde has added five additional counties into what used to be the Great Basin desert which separated California and Utah. This wasteland, which was by far the largest in the continental United States, made playing in the region somewhat awkward, especially when it came to forming the Mormon empire of Zion. Adding new counties in this area should go a long way towards fixing this issue.

r/AfterTheEndFanFork - After the End Fan Fork Dev Diary 56 - v1.1.1 (Part 1)
Note that the new counties don't have flags yet - we will be accepting any and all suggestions for these!

Here's a look at the new de jure duchy view as well.

Once again, we are open to suggestions regarding the name and flag of this duchy.

The addition of these new counties has prompted a change to the de jure kingdom setup in this area. The unformable Kingdom of Death Valley has been replaced with a new Kingdom of Nevada, which encompasses a much larger area and can be formed in the same way as any other kingdom.

New de jure kingdom setup.

This new kingdom, like Death Valley before it, is part of the Empire of California.

De jure empire view.

We will be taking suggestions from the community regarding the names and flags attached to the new counties and duchies as well as the characters who will be in charge of them. If you have any ideas, please let us know! We'll show them off in our next dev diary.

We still have one more large change to show off, which will impact one of the most hitherto underdeveloped areas of the map. However, that will be shown off in the next dev diary. For now, here's a (non-exhaustive) list of bugs we have fixed and minor changes that we have made.

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed issue with pagan warrior lodge duels that would prevent them from firing.
  • Fixed issues with intermarriage between religions - all religions should have consistent intermarriage rules now.
  • Mormons now have access to the bloodline for reforming America.
  • Fixed issues with warrior models that could lead to crashes for those without the appropriate portrait DLC.
  • Fixed issues related to Ursulines (thank you u/Exovian!)
  • Prevented nomads from forming Gran Colombia.
  • Fixed religions getting artifacts that they can't use
  • Cetic pilgrimage lovers will now be sexually compatible with gay characters
  • Fixed issue where events relating to Washington could fire during a pilgrimage to St. Louis.
  • Children will no longer shoot people dead using pre-event firearms
  • New California will now inherit the laws of the player's previously-held title
  • Fixed issue where reforming grand duchies/archduchies in the HCC would create weird de jure situations
  • One particular Sufi religious order quest can only be completed by setting your character's focus to Theology
  • Fixed numerous localization bugs
Changes:
  • Updated insert character
  • Cetic realms who do not have an Evaluator of Merit will now receive one via event
  • New genetic trait added - Reclusive. This trait reduces Diplomacy by 2, but increases Learning by the same amount.
  • Renamed Rostmann retinue building to "Picket Training Ground"
  • Updated Mesoamerican rank names (thanks to Polokotsin for Nahua titles)
  • Moved various de jure kingdoms and duchies into the appropriate empire files, to prevent holes from forming in the de jure map as a result of de jure drift
  • Added new merc company - the Alta Snowbirds. This is the first Mormon mercenary company to be added to AtE.
  • Made reincarnation events available to all genders
  • Changed de jure boundaries of Arklatex to better reflect the IRL boundaries of the region
  • Added new character as the Mayor of Morro Bay
  • Changed numerous realm flags - credits will be given in the readme of the final release
  • Thank you again for your support. I hope you are looking forward to v1.1.1!

• 5Like
Reactions:
The change to the map makes perfect sense, but I must admit Kingdom of Nevada, while perhaps more accurate, is significantly less cool than Kingdom of Death Valley. :p

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I wish there was some way to quick search previous topics in this massive thread, but does anybody know how or why for example Ontarians use the default unit models instead of Saxon? I have all the DLC and packs enabled, but strangely only the Lacustrine Rust Cultists use the Anglo-Saxon unit models. Quebec should be using Frankish or French ones but they aren't.

After the End Fan Fork Dev Diary 57 - v1.1.1 (Part 2)​

Good tidings, all!

Well, here's our final dev diary about v1.1.1, and just in time - it can be downloaded right now. The download link is located at the bottom of this dev diary. Happy Valentine's Day!

I already ran through most of the minor changes last time, so here's a look at the bigger changes we're making. These aren't huge changes - no new religions or anything like that - but they should add something new to underdeveloped regions of the mod.

Here's something that's changed since the last dev diary - the de jure borders of Nevada. I also changed the color of Jefferson, to make the kingdoms easier to tell apart at a glance.

r/AfterTheEndFanFork - After the End Fan Fork Dev Diary 57 - v1.1.1 (Part 2)
The de jure view of Nevada.

Now that we have that out of the way, let's take a look at the actual new features we've added.
First, we've added a new game rule that controls whether or not weather events fire. If you are sick of having your entire family die in a flash flood, this is the game rule for you.

The Weather Events game rule set to "off".

Next, here's a look at the Reclusive trait in-game, which represents being on the autism specturm. Note that I created a demonstration character to show this trait off - no characters have this trait at the start of the game.

The Reclusive trait in-game.

I know that there is a bit of controversy around which symbols to use to represent the autistic community. The one used in-game looks like that for practical reasons - the rainbow coloring to stand out from the blue heart background, and the puzzle piece because it's more universally recognized as a symbol for autism.

Next up, let's take a look at an area of the map that's been changed considerably in v1.1.1 - Texas. We plan to include even more changes for Texas in v1.2, so consider this a taste of what's to come. I am indebted to Tex Starshine for every change that will be made to Texas in both v1.1.1 and v1.2.

First, let's look at the de jure kingdom map. You'll probably able to spot some altered county shapes already...

The new de jure kingdom map of Texas.

As you can see, the old Kingdom of Jacinto has been renamed to the Kingdom of Lesser Texas. This name was chosen because the new de jure borders correspond pretty closely to the original borders of the Republic of Texas, and it seems far more appropriate than the old one in any case.

Now, let's look at the de jure duchy view.

The de jure duchy view of Texas.

As you can see, things have changed quite substantially from previous versions. The county map has been more or less remade from scratch to better reflect natural features and state political/cultural divisions, and the de jure duchies have been significantly altered to reflect this. Jacinto has also been made slightly larger, to encourage the Airmen to confront the Catholic powers in east Texas. Don't worry, though - they'll have some help this time around...

General Allison of the First Cavalry, as well as the new de facto setup in Eastern Texas.

As you can see, a brand-new Americanist realm has been added to Eastern Texas - the First Cavalry, led by a woman named Allison. The First Cavalry is by far the most powerful woman-led Americanist realm in the mod, and it should make playing in East Texas far more interesting - the Catholics can't just holy war the Airmen without also provoking the First Cavalry. Perhaps those two realms could even forge an alliance... it's up to you.

We've also added some new lore to the area. I don't mean to give too much away, but if you look closely at Allison's character window you'll see that she might have a good reason to go to war with the Catholics. A new family has also been added - their holdings are relatively minor, but if their lands were to unite they may be able to compete with the other rulers in the area...

The Premyslovci family.

You probably noticed that this family has an unfamiliar culture, which leads us nicely into the changes we made to the Texan cultures.

The culture map of Texas.

As you can see, the Adelsverer culture has been renamed to the more comprehensible "Texaner", and a new "Czexan" culture has been added to represent... I mean, you can guess, right? These two cultures, along with Texan and Tejano, have been moved into a new Texan culture group, which is currently called "Starfolk." (If you have any alternate name ideas, please let us know! We may change it for v1.2.)

And for good measure, here's the religious map of Texas.

The religious map of Texas.

Please let us know what you think of the new version! Thank you again for sticking with us through our hiatus. I hope it's been worth the wait!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Great additions all around! I think the Reclusive trait's icon is as respective as you could hope to achieve. I'm not thinking it should be a notable percentage of the starting rulers or anything, but it might be nice to have at least a few starting characters have it sprinkled across the map.

The First Cavalry is perfect, nice to have something to prevent Catholics from always dominating the region.