• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@All: Sorry for the late and imperfect post this round. Got through almost all of it only to have Photoshop glitch and had to redo most of it, yadda yadda. Anyway, I'll finish up the history scroll & make a note when I add it in above.

@RGB: He asked.

@Nick2: Yeah, that was the only time that's ever happened to me before, either. Considering both the number of multiple marriages that already cropped up this game and the historical context (the Khazar khagans traditionally had a wife from each of their 30 tributory states,) though, I think I'd start editing in an extra wife or two if G-d hadn't expressed some divine disfavor* with this dynasty in a bit

*(y'know, other than by making Tarkhan so much less cool than his dad).

@Murm: Polygamy always seems like great idea until you actually think about the level of sniping, snarking and out-and-out bitching that would go on among the household. Even strict patriarchies that keep the women technically subservient and obedient just move all the political manoeuvering under the patriarch's radar.

Plus, that second wife in there was an in-dynastic cousin. Of their seven children (all daughters!), six were inbred and other was a depressed, overstressed schizophrenic. On the bright side, they're the daughters of the King of Isra'el and neices of the Messiah, so there were no lack of suitors.

@Confusion: As you can tell from the map, in this timeline, Poland and the Ukraine are the new Balkans. I was trying to get by without labelling each outpost, but here's the breakdown:
  • Anything colored similarly to Fatimia is a part of it - including the FitzGerald caliphate of Slesvig
  • Ditto the von Trapps (or whoever :rolleyes: ) representing the HRE's interests in Lithuania, Herakleia, and Chechnia.
  • Ditto Poland, which has utterly shattered and includes holdings around Ansbach, Danzig, and fake Novgorod.
  • Catalan Poland belongs to the former (& Catalan) king of Poland, who was overthrown by a vassal but left with his counties in Chernigov & Mordva
  • The gold thing next to it is Kiev, which is locked in an eternal and incredibly dull war with its cousin Polotsk (in gray), during which they cycle around each other's kingdoms, besieging and taking and losing and retaking the same provinces over and over, signing a peace for some insignificant amount of gold in time for harvest, and then reDOWing each other the instant the snow thaws.
  • The rest of the gold spread like a diaper rash across the thoroughly spanked principalities of northern Germany is, of course, Seljuk Turkey.
  • Praha is held by the Knudlingas of Skane, who objected to their obnoxious kinslayer being ruled by another obnoxious kinslayer in Copenhagen. Their neighbors are shaded brown since they're outposts from Barbaria, which had done its part in the war against Zenatan Bohemia.
  • Incidentially, just for grins, the two lime provinces near St Petersburg and Tver. . . yeah, that's where Bohemia relocated after Venice knocked her out of Morocco.
  • & you were right: Foglia is English; London and Kent and Maine, Khazar.

@Nick: Irony was not unbeknownst to the scribes, additionally it describes the way doves legendarily lose themselves among their mates so much they're kissed to death. Let's just say this Tarkhan didn't get a death by old age event.

Last edited:
Why do the kings have such little interest in the huge tracts of land they border...? The dove must've been really psyched to know that's how he'd go down in history.

JimboIX said:
Why do the kings have such little interest in the huge tracts of land they border...?

I think it has something to do with their armies being completely, unexplainably, psychopathically unwilling to cross into Transoxiania.

Maybe because of the ox part?

Maybe because it's a geographical name based upon a river name unused for a thousand years?

No one knows,
j.

Llywelyn said:
@Murm: Polygamy always seems like great idea until you actually think about the level of sniping, snarking and out-and-out bitching that would go on among the household. Even strict patriarchies that keep the women technically subservient and obedient just move all the political manoeuvering under the patriarch's radar.

I'm married, I don't need any explanation... ;)

Llywelyn said:
Plus, that second wife in there was an in-dynastic cousin. Of their seven children (all daughters!), six were inbred and other was a depressed, overstressed schizophrenic. On the bright side, they're the daughters of the King of Isra'el and neices of the Messiah, so there were no lack of suitors.

Oooooh, everybody wants to bang a neice of the Messiah for sure... :D :cool:

I need to buy new glasses...

Other than that... great update!

Good job!

And watch out for the Eagles!

:D

Not a nice way to treat the Christians. No wonder crusaders attacked against you.

Killed in his sleep? A very disappointing king, his mother's fault I suspect. The Hkazars have grown haughty in their immensity, it's coming back around to them.

@Murmy: Yeeeaaah, but there was so much to say. :D
Maybe I'll start doing a seeing-impaired version for click through. Or you could always just scroll your magnifying glass across the screen! ;)

@Opie: True that. Then again, what goes around comes around...
Problem of course being the recursive loop. :p

@Jimbo: Yeah, but y'know what they say - an incompetent & lazy son is better than the diligent wunderkind your faithless #@%@ of a husband sired on your lady-in-waiting...

Impaired-vision-version, please... I left my magnifying glass at home... :D

Well, Murmy will just have to suffer through this round of updates...*

[anchor=2]Supporting Cast, 1176-1208[/anchor]

scrollbarceknuts2gf8.jpg

scrollmosesexilarchsai2.jpg

By which smilie I'm not laughing at his misfortune, but at hi... oh, yeah, well, I guess it's mostly his misfortune. And his support. His misfortune and his continued, squinty support!

(I'll see what I can do about bigger versions - EDIT: I could make them, as it turns out! :D - & see if it works to go back to the 150% width type...)

But that was really the worst of it. Promise. :D

Not only do you mock with the Excellent Actors of your Supporting Cast, but also with your Readers... :mad:

Not only my soul, but also my eyes hurt, not to mention I have a headache...

But again, as I do sympathise with your pitiful efforts...

Good job!

:p :D

old-man-big.jpg

Your faithful reader (or at least trying to...)

MMDS

I downloaded the pictures and used zoom ability of Paint Shop Pro to read this. :D

I could have read it without this, but even with excellent eyesight reading those lighter colours isn't easy. So I chose the easiest path.

My exgirlfriend possessing Murmy's avatar said:
Not only my soul, but also my eyes hurt, not to mention I have a headache...

One of my notoriously 1337 r33d3rZ said:
I downloaded the pictures and used zoom ability of Paint Shop Pro to read this.

.long stare at the botha youze.

We. Have. Top. Men. Working. On. It.

:mad:

Llywelyn said:
.long stare at the botha youze.

We. Have. Top. Men. Working. On. It.

:mad:

That's. Probably. Why. It. Takes. So. Long.

And. It's. Going. To. Be. A. Crappy. Job. Too.

:D

Ok... a Moorish count of Barcelona and King of Aragon...

all the kingdom lost...

What the heck is going to be next? A Castillian ruling at Barcelona?

REVENGE!!!!!!

:rofl:

A date with obscrity? Sounds like good times, I like your vision seeing widow and the Moses plus Nasis is a nice touch. Mind you, I think they're all doomed, a la the progressive failures of Judges.