• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42723)

Field Marshal
Apr 6, 2005
I made them for Revolutions. The vanilla Vicky version is a quick addition.

Download - Revolutions version *Update 13 July 2008*:
http://www.filefront.com/14033745/Ricky_unit_icons02.zip

Download - vanilly Vicky version (untested, backups recommended!):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6L9MLMYK

Mirror (rapidshare - links may expire):

Download - vanilly Vicky version (untested, backups recommended!):
http://rapidshare.com/files/29111850/Vicky_unit_icons01.zip.html

Installation:
Just unzip into ..\Victoria\gfx\Interface

Be aware that this will overwrite the previously used files though.

Preview *uüdated version*:

The preview is color reduced (8bit), so the real gfx will look slightly better. Some of the ships are a "fallout" from my work for DD.

Last edited:
OK thx I uploaded it there and edited the link into the first post.

As for your question, I have to admit that I don't know. I got both Victoria and Revolutions only some weeks ago and installed them both, so I can't say if that works for vanilla Vicky.

Maybe one of the veteran knows if there's any difference in this between Vicky and Ricky and can answer more competently.

There are some small differences:
attachments.png

units.png

Could you please modify them for simple Vicky? (I just don’t play Ricky until new VIP comes ;)).

OK done, see second link in the first post. Since the (vanilla) Vicky version is untested I recommend making backups of the three files that will be changed (attachments, units, units_small)....;)

Wow :eek: Fantastic!

But some of these ships looks like from WWII era, aren't they?

PANGI said:
Wow :eek: Fantastic!

But some of these ships looks like from WWII era, aren't they?

Yes and no. Many ships used in WWII were quite old then and fit well into the timeframe of Ricky. Like for example UK's BCs like Renown, Repulse, Hood, many UK BBs, some US BBs, some early aircraft carriers etc. etc. which go back to WWI (or close post WWI) times.

very nice. :cool:

Aye.

It looks nice... but could you reupload it on other server, on megaupload Poland has very small download limit :( and I can't download anything...
If it's not a big problem for you try to upload it on rapidshare.
Thanks in advance. Mumia

mumia said:
It looks nice... but could you reupload it on other server, on megaupload Poland has very small download limit :( and I can't download anything...
If it's not a big problem for you try to upload it on rapidshare.
Thanks in advance. Mumia

Yes...i agree...have same problem.

this is extremely nice BeBro! :)

Looks very nice but i have a problem, i dont know if someone else have it to but here is it.
I load a saved game, with Mexico and it is the year 1911, a lot of revolts becasuse of the revolution, so i have satellite countries in Central America, so with the new images you posted, when a Central American country want to lend me troops, the game crush, just a black screen appears and then the windows message that Victoria has encountered problems and must be closed.
I remove the images and reload the saved game and the game works fine.
I dont know if you try to use the new images with saved games.

Anyway, great work.

Hm, all I can say is that I use those gfx now for a while and never had a problem, not even when using them with older savegames. Though nobody tried to lend me troops so I dunno what happen then. But I can't imagine the pics are the problem.

Did you try simply to reload with the new pics? Maybe that crash had another cause unrelated to the pics?

I think, there's little problem in vanilla version.

Ironclad:
monitor.png

Monitor:
ironclad.png

I think they're transpose.

I think it should be like this:
units.png

But great work in any case. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. Though when you look for historic pics of monitors/ironclads the distinction isn't always clear....

However, thx for providing a fix for vanilla. :)

People can use this right away, just save, load into any gfx software or image viewer capable of saving BMPs and save as "units.bmp" into ..\Victoria\gfx\Interface