• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Exellent graphic enhancement btw! :) Are you making them for all majors?

dont mention it. TRP has used SKIFF icons so thank you and your team!

Well, for the moment I redo the generic ships (most of them at least) so you get one type of PDN, DN etc. for all nations. Like the in an unmodded game, just with better looking ships (I hope). If I add additional nation-specifc ships - assuming this works like for example in HOI2 DD - I don't know at the moment. Maybe I release the generic ones in the first batch, and then add specific ones later when I find the time. :)

Edit: oh, I think your question was about the icons? Unlike in HOI DD in Vicky you can only have a generic icon set.

BeBro said:
Well, for the moment I redo the generic ships (most of them at least) so you get one type of PDN, DN etc. for all nations. Like the in an unmodded game, just with better looking ships (I hope). If I add additional nation-specifc ships - assuming this works like for example in HOI2 DD - I don't know at the moment. Maybe I release the generic ones in the first batch, and then add specific ones later when I find the time. :)

Edit: oh, I think your question was about the icons? Unlike in HOI DD in Vicky you can only have a generic icon set.

Yes that was my question, ok so you replace em each time you use another country, got it. I guess its easy even for amateurs to change the shirt color using gimp? More of a rethorical question :)

Just read up on you intention to redo ships :cool: , by all means. Those counters are b**t ugly.

Back to the ships, work is going well and should be finished soon at least for the generic types. I think release will be pretty soon, I#ll make a new thread then. Here's what I have so far:

The "pure" sailships like clipper, frigate and manowar will have the sails set in move and fight anims, but not when standing, as shown for the frigate above. The steamers from commerce raider onwards get animated smoke of course. :)

The bad news is that I found no way so far to make sprites for the different cruiser types work. So still PC, CL, CA and BC will use the same sprite, which is quite a pitty. If there's anybody out there who knows how to give them unique sprites (if it's possible at all) please let me know. I noticed there's a heavy cruiser sprite from Paradox in my installation but it doesn't seem to work in game :(

BeBro said:

Back to the ships, work is going well and should be finished soon at least for the generic types. I think release will be pretty soon, I#ll make a new thread then. Here's what I have so far:

The "pure" sailships like clipper, frigate and manowar will have the sails set in move and fight anims, but not when standing, as shown for the frigate above. The steamers from commerce raider onwards get animated smoke of course. :)

The bad news is that I found no way so far to make sprites for the different cruiser types work. So still PC, CL, CA and BC will use the same sprite, which is quite a pitty. If there's anybody out there who knows how to give them unique sprites (if it's possible at all) please let me know. I noticed there's a heavy cruiser sprite from Paradox in my installation but it doesn't seem to work in game :(

Wow, really excellent work Bebro!

When you do the monitor, will that have the USS Monitor look?

Also, regarding the Ironclad sprite I was going to suggest perhaps having a sprite that more resembles the HMS Warrior. Main reason being the black, white and red paint job might introduce a bit more variety that another grey hull. Just an idea.

Re monitor, yes, I'll do it after the USS Monitor :) About the ironclad, I'll keep this one since it's already done. Maybe I add the HMS Warrior for UK later in case I do more nation-specific ships. But that I don't know yet, first I'll only release the generic stuff. If all goes well it will be out in a week or so.

how did you make them so fast?

Well, I had already started before I made the first post here about those ships :D

One expression:

:eek:

Little progress report: I'm pretty much done with the generic ships, there are just some little issues left and some testplaying ahead, so they will be out tommorrow or on Sunday :)

very cool!

BeBro said:
:D

Well, I thought noone use subs. I'll see to make a new one, but it will take some time.

AI often uses subs.

Amazing!