• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And votes Latin Kaiser and his fancy math problem solving solution that has no business whatsoever on this continent.
OK, so a bit of a word of advice: working as a GM is a difficult, some might eve say gruesome, work

That's why it is appreciated by the GM that the player separate their vote from other text, and if possible bold it and make it bigger, so that the vote is clearly visible. Like this:

Vote erblbefrlhk

Otherwise your vote might not be counted by the GM simply because he/she didn't see it. To quote the rules:
When a player has decided whom to vote for, they type vote Player X in bold font and preferabbly at least size 4, this to ensure that your GM notices the vote. It is not allowed to edit a vote(though you can edit vote posts). If a player decide to change his vote, he types unvote Player X - vote Player Y. The "unvote" is there to help me count the votes. I will however count changed votes even without the "unvote", only somewhat slower and with a bigger risk of getting it wrong so please help the GM and use "unvote" when you change your votes.
;)

OK, so a bit of a word of advice: working as a GM is a difficult, some might eve say gruesome, work

That's why it is appreciated by the GM that the player separate their vote from other text, and if possible bold it and make it bigger, so that the vote is clearly visible. Like this:

Vote erblbefrlhk

Otherwise your vote might not be counted by the GM simply because he/she didn't see it. To quote the rules:

;)

YOur point is noted and appreciated. Thanks. :)

And votes Latin Kaiser and his fancy math problem solving solution that has no business whatsoever on this continent.

(BTW, what exactly are we voting for?)
We're voting for who to lynch.

Also, when you make a vote then generally make it bold and in a larger size to make it easy to see. Otherwise the GM might miss it.
Same reason that it generally is put on its own line, often with air on both sides of it.
It's easy as a GM to miss a vote which is part of the general text.

YOur point is noted and appreciated. Thanks. :)
No problem. Doing this kind of mistake as a new player is perfectly normal by the way - as it is normal that more experimented players help newer players with the rules. WW is the kind of game where one keeps learning new things about the rules

No, villagers are not using RNGs for voting on day one. The first candidates will likely be random, but then things start to develop dynamically from there. It's also why you want discussion and activity already on day one as then you change around and start generating date already on day 1. And then it's suddenly not random at all.

And you misunderstood. A wolf can use algorithms almost all the time and then save a mate in very rare occassions and you can't know. And once the saved person dies the vote the mate did means nothing as it was an algorithm vote. Plus, you can also wait until late in the day with making the algorithm vote when it'll be meaningless. Or in other ways timing it to happen at the most opportune time.

If everyone has voted randomly Day 1, then all villager votes day 2 are effectively random in their odds of finding a wolf. The wolves would have leaked no information as to who is a wolf, so the villagers would have no real information to analyze. You cannot get information from nothing, wolves need to leak information for the village to make non-random votes.

If a wolf voting with an algorythm is not actually voting truly randomly, and is in fact more likely to vote villager than wolf, then you can analyze their vote. You just ignore their claim that they've voted randomly, and look at who they voted for and whether those people were goodies/baddies.

Abstain - nobody's been suspicious enough.

Well, I'm happy to see that Odysseos did come back and explain his (new) vote, which was my problem with him. :shares some leftover papadums: I'm also uneasy with M. Ducreux [Sleepyhead] and that other guy [Reis] banding around my vote for nonsensical reasons.

UNVOTE ODYSSEOS [DEDONUS]

Of the other people in the lead, Covid-19 [EUROO7] is a presumed scan target, Mulish Wag [Wagonlitz] is making good points, M. Ducreux [Sleepyhead] is too amusing to nix on Day 1 without better info, and none of Captain Plumm [LatinKaiser], Gandalf [Hax], that Westerosi [Avernite], or that other one [Nepechri] explained their votes. Out of those four,

VOTE GANDALF [HAX]

since he took the earliest lead and has since been ignored as other people have had their numbers run up.

Abstain - nobody's been suspicious enough.
Abstaining is not allowed. If it was, no one would vote and the game would quickly die.
Well, he can always take the missed vote hit. He doesn't get autolynched/replaced until the third time, no? I'd rather Mr Rossolini came by and mentioned an intentional abstention than just not posting anything. (Of course it's better that he just vote with a brief explanation of whatever petty reason he has on Day 1. Mr Rossolini: if everyone waited to be informed of good information by the seer, the first voters would always be obvious JL candidates for the wolves to go after; think of yourself as providing cover.)

Last edited:
Abstaining is not allowed. If it was, no one would vote and the game would quickly die.
Well, it is allowed. Only you will get autolynched after missing a certain number of votes, usually 3 in a big game. So I guess you could wait a day or two before voting but it might not sit well with some people so you probably would get manually lynched instead.

But this is the new Mereen! It's a free country, live like you want to live! :)

EDIT: I should read the full thread before posting. It's not like there were thousands of posts. :oops:

Well, I'm happy to see that Odysseos did come back and explain his (new) vote, which was my problem with him. :shares some leftover papadums: I'm also uneasy with M. Ducreux [Sleepyhead] and that other guy [Reis] banding around my vote for nonsensical reasons.

UNVOTE ODYSSEOS [DEDONUS]

Nothing nonsensical about Greek gifts - we have no need for suspicious wooden horses within our walls.

VOTE EUROO7

I mean he is a virus

Sorry, but yep, I agree.

VOTE EUROO7

daenerys-game-of-thrones-season-5-2.jpg

Unofficial Vote Count
~1 hour and 45 Minutes left
Hax: 3
Yvanoff [187]
Ironhide G1 [197]
LlywelynII [Dedonus 193 > 252]

EUROO7: 3

Chieron [198]
Arkasas [230]
Jiu Jiujiu [256]

LatinKaiser: 2/3
Wagonlitz [215]
johho888 [217]
Andre Bolkonsky [240]

Dedonus: 2

Sleepyhead [221]
reis91 [228]

Nepechri: 2

TheFatWombat [210]
EUROO7 [Beartjah 208> 211]

Sleepyhead: 2
Avernite [184]
Beartjah [204]

Avernite: 2
Chefjones [192]
Jacksonian Missionary [218]

Wagonlitz: 2
alxeu [194]
LatinKaiser [LlwelynII 200 >224]

HumanCalculator: 2
tamius23 [223]
Dedonus [Chieron 185]

Claude LC: 2
Capibara [188]
Emperor Ike [239]

Jacksonian Missionary: 1
jeray2000 [186]

Reis91: 1
Hax [199]

LlywelynII: 1
De Chatillon [212]

Beartjah: 1
nepechri [207]

Chieron: 0

No Votes: 6
@humancalculator
@MarcoRossolini
@Andre Bolkonsky (does his vote for LatinKaiser at post 240 count?)
@alynkio
Claude LC
marty99
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the long absence. Life suddenly got much busier than I expected, as it often does. I'll go through and do my first official votecount. I don't think I noticed any questions in my quick read through but if there are any that I missed, please quote this post with them. Thank you!

Put me down on the sub list yes, why not.

Aye.

Nice, thank you! :)

Official Day 1 Votecount ~ 1 hour 20 minutes to deadline:

Hax: 3
Yvanoff[187]
Ironhide[197]
LlywelynII[193 Dedonus -> 252]

Euro: 3
Chieron[198]
Arkasas[230]
Jiu Jiujiu[256]

LatinKaiser: 3