• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EvcRo

Colonel
10 Badges
Jan 23, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
On a nice planet, several years ago, some organics did some mistakes...

1a4Y7wc.jpg

Followed by more mistakes, ended with their extinction...

ciZPai7.jpg

But their machines survived

zDekRd9.png

and started an adventure :

- 1000 systems
- Grand Admiral
- 30 normal AI's
- 5 Fallen Empires
- 0 Marauders, 0 advanced AI's
- 5x Crisis Strength
- Long game setup

md9XEkh.png

hJzpTrn.png

Last time i played Stellaris was in 2016 and never got past first 100 years so i setup a long game with a big end, to check out what 2.2 is about.

Very nice introduction indeed

started several games and played the first couple of years to get familiar with Stellaris again, and with robot races mechanics

few points i see :

- because there are 30 AI empires the space to grow will be small
- main expansion feature is the fact that robots can colonize everything in sight.
- 5X crisis strength ? probably will be much harder than conquering the galaxy. will see. anyway, 5X crisis strength is an incetive to play after 100-150 years, waiting for the big challenge.

So let's start... first years robots will expand like crazy, until there is no more room to expand. If we face aggresive neighbours we will give them few minerals per month so they leave us alone :D

I played 100 years (and played 100 years with a human empire, i must say mechanical empires are the worst and the main reason imo is the poor gains from conquering, all those pops you get are transformed in human batteries with terrible output and all those planets are so poor because of the low stability caused by human batteries)

Here is a sneak peak:

RKOWuUd.png

Because of 30 AI empires the space is crowded so i have to conquer/vassal (and one question that pops up, whats the logic behind vassals accepting integration, do they want to become batteries?).

I think the best way to use those conquered planets is to make use of their machine assembly capabilities and boost the pure mechanical planets. Very dissapointed in the options i have.

Next i will try to post the 50+ screenshoots i have from the first 100 years.

So let's start,

probably the biggest advantage of the race is 100% habitability on all planets so everything at start was put on fast expansion . Well , not that fast, because i found out that i can get 20% growth for 5000 energy with an edict, but i found out in 2310 , after 110 years, how many robots lost ? A few hundreds probably :)

another thing at start is managing the pop, i also do that very late. I don't think you need the unity jobs at start, also the happyness jobs. Focus all on alloy and resources.

fJUr3Xd.png

Few mistakes i realized very late , after 110+ years:

- you can get 0.5 influence free x 3 if you rival some AI empires. If your fleet is big enough they won't attack. Free influence.
- Unity jobs and Happy jobs can be scrapped first 50 years or so. Also police drones, also useles at start.
- You can get 20% growth via edict, for some energy. Went 110 years without it .... ops.
- The "Research X Aliens" projects, i did them very late but got 2 decent empire bonuses from them, probably would be better to research them sooner.

Last edited:
Yes researching the galactic wildlife can be quite nice.