• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, that looks very nice anything to add immersion is great. I assume this would not be safe game compatible. And did this update the beta download?
It adds a new trait so it could mess things up a bit. The new trait loads before the two others brought by the mod (Cathedral builder and Saint), so if you don't have those yet (Cathedral age isn't yet opened and no saint around, saint trait is only given to dead people anyway) nor other mods runnning it should be fine.

Yes all is in the beta. The book feature lacks 5/10% localisation either in French and English but I expect to have these finished for the weekend.

On a side note I've used google translations as base for English texts, that is a great productivity improvments, but despite some check reading, it may contains a few oddities, don't mind reporting ;)

ok nice to see you use anime portraits mod too :D

i'll try using Great trade league mod too
-I tried it very recently i find it nice and refreshing.
-I didn't dig the mod that much yet but i like the idea that it bring something interesting among societies.

On a side note I've used google translations as base for English texts, that is a great productivity improvments, but despite some check reading, it may contains a few oddities, don't mind reporting ;)
I will try helping with the grammar and spelling but I tend to auto correct in my head as I read so no guarantees.

We currently run several observe/test games to see how things develops (cathedrals among others).

So i came with an observe based on the dynamic trade route/zone system already implemented (somehow tweaked since latest release IIRC).
I've made a map representing the trade nodes (darkest provinces), and drew the routes from there.
Each colour reprensents one node (sometimes two nodes connected) and its influence zone.

This is on vanilla map, it lacks a few nodes in the East. Venise never develops inland trade since Paradox made it an unconnected island.
trade nodes.png

That's it for today ;)

Man I only wish we had a way to visualise that ingame.
I'd love too. Even for making this I did have to check a few things in the savegame :/

Well, its more of a dirty hack really, but you could try something similar to what Maal did for his The Great trade League mod.
Of course that would not be able to show you which tradezones are which, but at least give an overview.
Maybe in the future we might get some properly moddable mapmode...

Well, its more of a dirty hack really, but you could try something similar to what Maal did for his The Great trade League mod.
Of course that would not be able to show you which tradezones are which, but at least give an overview.
Maybe in the future we might get some properly moddable mapmode...
Sounds too hacky for me and not filling the job completly.
One idea idea would be another hacky thing by highjacking vanilla prosperity system to display the on-map 3D stuff to represent trade nodes and or trade routes. I wouldn't mind that much scratching this part since it kinda clashes with L3T features (I de-activate RiP all the time)

Sounds too hacky for me and not filling the job completly.
One idea idea would be another hacky thing by highjacking vanilla prosperity system to display the on-map 3D stuff to represent trade nodes and or trade routes. I wouldn't mind that much scratching this part since it kinda clashes with L3T features (I de-activate RiP all the time)

Shame that we are limited to four hardcoded 3d models for that though.

Yeah that is another good idea, I was not even considering it since anything related to 3D scares me ^^
Indeed RIP feels like out of place when designing a real economy mod, I also intend on disabling most of the economy related stuff for my mod.

I am also mildly optimistic about the new coloring for councilor jobs, though using that would only be another hack yet again...
Well, I'm sure you'll think of something, you have proven to know how to make stuff visually appealing :D

That is end game correct?
It might be a 120 years run. All existing nodes are at their max size but f.e. a new node may appear if a commercial city is founded in Italy because there is enough space between Genoa and Roma.
There are very route that could expand further than the 5 steps they are limited currently.
Feudalization in the baltic could also permit new nodes to emerge.

I am also mildly optimistic about the new coloring for councilor jobs, though using that would only be another hack yet again...
Cant remember what is it. Was this described in one DD ?

Yes as Mouchi pointed out above, it was in this one (#66), and I asked again and was told they were all moddable now.
Pity it's not a real mapmode though, and you'd basically be wasting a councilor job with it, not to mention it'd be problematic because councilor jobs have an assignment cooldown... it would be yet another hack to use it for visualization, but frankly I consider using it myself (depending on how moddable it really is) because it seems to allow for more colours than the "fake revolt risk" approach and I have desperate need for more than one visualization.
Well, we'll see. But as I said, stuff is happening, and I'm mildly optimistic ^^

Yes as Mouchi pointed out above, it was in this one (#66), and I asked again and was told they were all moddable now.
Pity it's not a real mapmode though, and you'd basically be wasting a councilor job with it, not to mention it'd be problematic because councilor jobs have an assignment cooldown... it would be yet another hack to use it for visualization, but frankly I consider using it myself (depending on how moddable it really is) because it seems to allow for more colours than the "fake revolt risk" approach and I have desperate need for more than one visualization.
Well, we'll see. But as I said, stuff is happening, and I'm mildly optimistic ^^
It might be quite limited i fear. It would require an additional councillor to be workable a bit, and yes, reassigment cooldown will mess things up.

Does the command to cancel a job action impose the cooldown as well? That might be a way around that issue. Also, in theory you would only be assigning the job, normally just selecting it to view the map, and then exit without clicking on any province.
Well, if you have a dedicated councillor that we never assign a job to it could work i guess.
Kinda nonsense though to add a specific councillor that can do nothing because we should avoid to use him at all.

Cathedrals' feature DevDiary 3

The Opus Francigenum is a requirement to start to build a Cathedral.
But what is it? Let’s the game explain to you.

upload_2017-10-23_20-54-22.png

The Opus Francigenum follow a game rule with 4 values:
  • Free : It will occurs at the game launch
  • Fifty years : It will occurs at a random date the 50th years of gaming
  • Historical : It will occurs randomly between 1130 and 1150
  • Dynamic : It will occurs semi-randomly if some conditions are fulfilled over time.

The dynamic is deeper than others so I will detail it.

The ecclesiastic capitals and some temples in provinces which are far enough from each other will start with an already build roman cathedral. In other terms, an old cathedral. It also shelters a holy relic.
With the time going, some cathedrals will burn and so need to be rebuilt.
Each reconstruction may trigger the Opus Francigenum as historically.

Once the Opus Francigenum occurred, some lords can ask to bishops the relics from burned roman cathedrals to build a gothic Cathedral for their pride
upload_2017-10-23_20-57-24.png

Last edited: