• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alexandra Von Politz, the representative of her father, moves over one seat to the left to signal she is part of the Faccion De Los Campos

Amendment to the Great Reform of 1773

Strike E3

Amend E4 to read: The Assembly may elect one of their own, to serve the state and Crown of Hispania as Speaker of the Assembly. To be elected as such, one must have served within the Parliament for a number of years not below that of 10 years. As well, one must have the confidence of the whole of the Assembly, as all are equal in the house, all have equal say in matters of election, being that without the consent and vote of the whole of the Assembly, one cannot become the Speaker, unless appointed by the will of the Crown.

Amend E5 to read: A speaker may be impeached by the House, with a super majority vote equaling 2/3rds of the House.

Amend to Add: F: Reform to Law Enforcement

I: Within all cities, as considered as such by the Crown, the State shall establish constabularies, in an effort to reduce crime within the state.

II. The Constables shall be appointed by the Minister of Intelligence.

III. The Constables shall have within their power, the right to appoint those of his choice as enforcers of the law within their jurisdiction, only being able to be vetoed by the Minister of Intelligence.

IV: The Constable shall also have the right to conduct investigations on any individual they deem suspicious of illicit and illegal activities. They have the full right to confiscate anything they deem necessary to convict the perpetrator.

Strike I5 A1, and A2

Amend A, add A8: The Crown, under the jurisdiction of the Minister of Intelligence, shall also have the right to deny any one whom they deem suspicious from running for seat with in the Assembly.

JpsioAG.png

Due to the bulkiness of the Great Reform and the seemingly unrelated issues being grouped together, as well as the overly complex amendments now being proposed, I highly recommend that such a reform be divided into more manageable separate acts that can then be debated and considered independent of each other.

- His Imperial Highness, Alfons IX de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((It can make sense, after all, in the first Continental Congress of the US, Ben Franklin represented about 3 or 4 states alone.))

((So did he actually have multiple votes or were they all merged into one? Basically I'm trying to figure out if those with multiple titles would thus have more power or be equal to every other member.))

Alexandra Von Politz, the representative of her father, moves over one seat to the left to signal she is part of the Faccion De Los Campos

JpsioAG.png

I must ask this, seeing as your father is the current Minister of Foreign Affairs, but will he be returning to court at some point? It seems imprudent for a minister to remain away from court and sent someone else to perform his duties. If he can't perform the duties himself, I believe I must find a replacement, since such an important position as Minister of Foreign Affairs cannot be left in limbo.

- His Imperial Highness, Alfons IX de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((This more has to do with the fact that an non-active character should not be able serve on the Cabinet, even as a representative of another. Either your active character has to be the one involved or you need to make this one your new active character.))

Amendment to the Great Reform of 1773

Strike E3

Amend E4 to read: The Assembly may elect one of their own, to serve the state and Crown of Hispania as Speaker of the Assembly. To be elected as such, one must have served within the Parliament for a number of years not below that of 10 years. As well, one must have the confidence of the whole of the Assembly, as all are equal in the house, all have equal say in matters of election, being that without the consent and vote of the whole of the Assembly, one cannot become the Speaker, unless appointed by the will of the Crown.

Amend E5 to read: A speaker may be impeached by the House, with a super majority vote equaling 2/3rds of the House.

Amend to Add: F: Reform to Law Enforcement

I: Within all cities, as considered as such by the Crown, the State shall establish constabularies, in an effort to reduce crime within the state.

II. The Constables shall be appointed by the Minister of Intelligence.

III. The Constables shall have within their power, the right to appoint those of his choice as enforcers of the law within their jurisdiction, only being able to be vetoed by the Minister of Intelligence.

IV: The Constable shall also have the right to conduct investigations on any individual they deem suspicious of illicit and illegal activities. They have the full right to confiscate anything they deem necessary to convict the perpetrator.

Strike I5 A1, and A2

Amend A, add A8: The Crown, under the jurisdiction of the Minister of Intelligence, shall also have the right to deny any one whom they deem suspicious from running for seat with in the Assembly.

((I just want to point out the Minister of Intelligence position does not exist at the moment, although I assume you mean Spymaster. It was the one role that did not change with the recent reforms. So either this needs to be a new position or just change the old one.))

"The Dowager Empress' proposed reforms are exactly what I expected her to propose. They seem to be a step into the direction of the Assembly. But in the end, all that changes for our house is that the election process is further codified and the ministers are no longer gaining honourary titles. We even get a fancy Speaker position, but what for? Nothing changes.
The Act still places appointed members amongst the Assembly, and guess who they will be? The ministers.
Do you want to see a proof for hereditary favouritism, the small elite that continues to rule despite the reforms? Despite His Imperial Highness' will? Just look at this woman! Daughter and 'representative' of the Minister of Foreign Affairs. The man is incapable, basically dead in all but name. There isn't even any effort made to hide the inheritance of that office!
How shall our participation in the government be assured? In no way at all. The Speaker just brings our complaints to the Cabinet, where they fall on as deaf ears as before.
Certainly, she might no longer be Prime Minister, and I applaud His Imperial Majesty for the wisdom of this decision, and to appoint MA Arceo as Second Minister. But this does explain why the office should be abolished - to take care of any possible influence he might have. And continue with the Cabinet of the Cortz and the appointed.
Don't be blind! These reforms aren't going far enough! No appointed man shall take a seat in the Assembly! There needs to be a guarantee that some positions of the Cabinet are filled with Assembly members! Resist this poorly disguised attempt to silence our house!"

We would sooner die than bow down to scum like you. We will not be slaves to either Germany or Austria. Both of you are aggressive powers hellbent on the slaughter and conquest of your neighbours. If you want to steal our land, you will have to soak it in our blood first. We doubt eternal damnation is worth such conquest. If you would grant us autonomy anyway, then leave us in peace so we can live as neighbours. We have no interest in taking orders from the heretic king of Munster. We wish to be left alone and will not tolerate any attempts by Germany or Austria to subvert out independence. Now return to your child king before the Hispanians hear you are outside Germany and try to stick your head on a spike.

- A very angry and offended Bavarian king

A poor decision, fuelled by hatred. If you would just see it as a rational statesman... I am sure your people will be happy to colour Bavaria red, but Germany won't do them this pleasure. Hellbent on slaughter and conquest - how blind does a man have to be? Neighbouring is no option. There is only one German state. Tolerate it or not, it was not a question, but a kind offer. Soon, there will be someone's head on a pike, and it won't be mine. Concerning Hispania, I am fairly sure they know that. Who is going to defend which side? The Austrian or the German border? Decisions, decisions...

Alexander von Sickerberg, Regent and Chancellor of Germany

((While the threat is certainly not empty, it would be good to know Bavaria's allies before my next move.))

JpsioAG.png

I believe it is time to present more reforms before Parliament. Some of them may be duplicate of others mentioned, but due to their importance they should not be lumped amongst other reforms that may risk their not passing because of some unrelated issue or simply as an amendment for other reforms. I encourage active discussion of this issues, for I expect some to be somewhat controversial. Regardless, I believe some form of change is necessary, so we must take a step forward somehow.

The Abolition of Slavery Act

I. Slavery shall be abolished in all provinces and colonies in Hispania.
a) The colonial nations of Hispania shall be free to choose whether to abolish slavery of their own accord.​
II. All freed slave shall become subjects of Hispania upon their release.
III. The Crown shall compensate slave owners with an appropriate amount for each slave freed.

The Assembly Reform Act of 1773

I. The number of seats in the Assembly shall be temporarily fixed at 300 seats.
II. A committee shall be established to conduct a census of the provinces of the Empire with eligible voters.
a) Electorates shall be established based on the distribution of population of voters.
b) To allow time for the committee to conduct a census, the 1775 election shall be postponed to 1776.​
III. All honorary seats in the Assembly shall be removed.
IV. All appointed seats in the Assembly shall be gradually removed.
a) All appointed members of the Assembly shall retain their seat until their death, upon which their seat will become an elected seat.
b) Appointed members of the Assembly may petition the Cortz for a position in that body. A majority vote in the Cortz is required for that petition to be accepted, upon which the appointed member shall receive a hereditary seat in the Cortz.​
V. The position of Second Minister shall be abolished.
VI. The Assembly shall elect a new head of the Assembly, the Speaker, through a majority vote, who will serve in a similar capacity as the Chamberlain but for the Assembly.

The Justice Act of 1773

I. The position of Spymaster shall be abolished.
II. The position of Minister of Justice shall be created as a replacement for the Spymaster.
a) The Minister of Justice shall be placed in charge of a new Ministry of Justice.
b) The Minister of Justice shall be a normal Cabinet minister and publicly known.
c) The Minister of Justice will be fully accountable to the Crown and may not use Crown or ministry resources for personal use.​
III. The Ministry of Justice shall be charged with investigating crimes, managing the court system, apprehending criminals, and carrying out criminal sentences.
a) The Hispanian Detective Force shall be created as a department within the Ministry of Justice to investigate criminal activity.
b) The Hispanian Police Force shall be established as a department within the Ministry of Justice to apprehend criminals and dispense justice.
c) The Minister of Justice shall appoint the head of both the detective and police force, although the Crown may overturn appointments.​
IV. The Cabinet shall no longer serve as the final court of appeal within Hispania.
V. The Supreme Court of Hispania shall be established in Valencia as the final court of appeal.
a) Seven judges shall sit on the Supreme Court, to be appointed by the Crown at the recommendation of the Minister of Justice.
b) All judges appointed to the Supreme Court must have at least five years' experience in a lower court in Hispania.​
VI. Provincial Courts shall be established in all provinces of Hispania.
a) All provincial judges shall be appointed by the Minister of Justice, although the Crown may overturn any appointments.
b) All judges must have at least five years' worth of legal experience and have completed a legitimate legal program at a Hispanian university.​

The Inquisition Reformation Act

I. The Inquisition shall no longer be permitted to investigate or harass individuals believed to be heathens or anyone whose faith defines them as criminal.
II. A new investigative body independent of the Inquisition shall be created under full Crown authority to investigate religious crimes and accusations of heathenism, as well as carry out the appropriate legal actions.
a) If the Justice System Act is enacted, such responsibility will fall to the Hispanian Detective Force & Hispanian Police Force.
b) If the Justice System Act is not enacted, this investigate body will be created as part of the Ministry of Religious Affairs.​
III. The Inquisition shall be placed under the authority of the Ministry of Religious Affairs.
IV. The Inquisition may continue to encourage conversion to a sect of the Church of Jesus Christ, but only through peaceful means and missionary efforts.

The Holy Order Reassignment Act

I. All knightly and militant holy orders within Hispania shall be dismantled.
II. All members of these holy orders may choose to become laymen in their appropriate church or enlist in the army.
III. Members of holy orders choosing to join the army will be placed into special regiments.
a) These members must swear an oath to the Crown and place all orders received from the military establishment above those of their respective churches, as long as they don't go counter to core Christian values.​

((Edit: Tweaked the Abolition of Slavery Act to clarify the position of the colonial nations. Clarified in the Assembly Reform Act that appointed members who are accepted into the Cortz receive hereditary seats.))

Last edited:
"I must object to the recent appointment of Arceo as Second Minister. The Second Minister is implied to be the first among the Ministers of the Cabinet, excluding the Prime Minister, and by appointing him to the role, it appears that my son favors him above all others. I ask this, how can the Emperor attempt to encourage cooperation when between two parties when he rewards one and punishes the other? Would the punished party not resent the action? Would the punished party not be inclined to further resistance?

My thoughts on the matter are thus.

I designed the Great Reform with my colleague's reforms from the last session in mind. The Appointed Ministers seem to be a controversial issue, and despite personally believing that there is nothing wrong with them, I voluntarily was willing to reduce them in number. How was my action received by the Second Minister? He called for its removal!

It has been made clear to me that there will be no compromise on this issue. So I call for all members of the Imperial Faction to vote NO on his amendments on this count. Also, since the language of the Emperor's solution to the issue conflicts with the Great Reform, I also call for the rejection of the Assembly Reform Act of 1773 to prevent the potential conflict.

As for the other proposals, I see that our Minister's of Foreign Affair's Daughter has made a proposal concerning the enforcement of law. Sadly it includes other things I consider disagreeable, such as keeping the position of Second Minister. As my proposal would make such a position redundant, I see no reason for its continued existence should the reform be passed. Thankfully, the Emperor has proposed a similar law. In fact, all his laws, save the Assembly Act, are agreeable.

But my stance is clear, the Great Reform is to be passed unmodified and all acts conflicting with it are not to be passed."

"I must object to the recent appointment of Arceo as Second Minister. The Second Minister is implied to be the first among the Ministers of the Cabinet, excluding the Prime Minister, and by appointing him to the role, it appears that my son favors him above all others. I ask this, how can the Emperor attempt to encourage cooperation when between two parties when he rewards one and punishes the other? Would the punished party not resent the action? Would the punished party not be inclined to further resistance?

My thoughts on the matter are thus.

I designed the Great Reform with my colleague's reforms from the last session in mind. The Appointed Ministers seem to be a controversial issue, and despite personally believing that there is nothing wrong with them, I voluntarily was willing to reduce them in number. How was my action received by the Second Minister? He called for its removal!

It has been made clear to me that there will be no compromise on this issue. So I call for all members of the Imperial Faction to vote NO on his amendments on this count. Also, since the language of the Emperor's solution to the issue conflicts with the Great Reform, I also call for the rejection of the Assembly Reform Act of 1773 to prevent the potential conflict.

As for the other proposals, I see that our Minister's of Foreign Affair's Daughter has made a proposal concerning the enforcement of law. Sadly it includes other things I consider disagreeable, such as keeping the position of Second Minister. As my proposal would make such a position redundant, I see no reason for its continued existence should the reform be passed. Thankfully, the Emperor has proposed a similar law. In fact, all his laws, save the Assembly Act, are agreeable.

But my stance is clear, the Great Reform is to be passed unmodified and all acts conflicting with it are not to be passed."

*Arceo speaks on the steps of the Assembly building during a recess*

"Let it be known this day that the Empress Dowager has claimed to be wiser than His Majesty, the Emperor, and that her 'imperialists' can best serve His Majesty be refusing his own proposed solution to the difficulties faced within the Assembly. I hereby withdraw my amendment - as well as my tacit support for an amended form of the 'Great' Reform Act - in favor of full and outright support for His Majesty's own Assembly Reform Act."

Cibran Arceo,
Second Minister,
MA for Galicia

"Now we have the definite and final proof if anyone was still in doubt. The Empress Dowager sees herself as the true monarch of the empire. Bitter to have been removed from the office of Prime Minister, but still acting as if she would determine the politics of the empire!

There has been presented a compromise, by His Imperial Majesty himself. With its very nature of being a compromise, of course I would prefer the full abolishment of the appointed seats, but it is acceptable. Why this outright rejection? Because she wants to gain back her power. And what better way to do that than to tend to the concerns of the current ministers, and then guide their actions from behind the scenes.

Don't forget that this is one of the very same persons who accused me of infringing the Imperial prerogative with my proposed Acts. This is what we have to stop: people thinking only about their own benefits instead of the empire's. And who is better suited for that than His Imperial Majesty and the representatives of His people? I can only renew the call for guaranteed Assembly positions in the Cabinet, though I am willing to make some concessions."
Assembly Representation Act
At least two Cabinet ministers (excluding the Second Minister/Speaker should there be one) have to be elected members of the Assembly. ((NPCs possible))

Faixòn then continues, obviously sarcastic.
"Lastly, I am surprised nobody protests against the abolishment of slavery. I would expect the same men who keep the Assembly enslaved to jump up in uproar. Or against the Justice Act. How can anyone even think about occupying an office without being able to use resources for personal use? Outrageous! No, better hold on to the 'Great' - rather the 'Good' - Reform and happily continue my abuses."

JpsioAG.png

While I have proposed reforms for the Assembly, I believe the Cortz must receive some attention as well. While the Assembly is a fairly new body and thus requires much more attention to finesse into a preferred format, the Cortz developed from a previous institution. The largest problem faced with its creation into the upper house of Parliament was the extension of its membership, and I believe it has not been adequately defined. I thus propose the following reform.

The Cort Reform Act of 1773

I. A seat shall be created in the Cortz for every count title or title of higher rank within Hispania.
a) If a title higher than count originates from a lower title, such as a duchy containing one county or more, only the lower titles will grant seats.
b) A seat can only be claimed if the title holder relinquishes all feudal rights associated with all titles they hold.​
II. If a noble possesses more than one title, they shall be granted a seat for every eligible title they possess.
a) A noble may claim multiple seats if they have multiple eligible titles.
b) A noble with multiple seats may freely grant any of their seats, excluding the seat associated with their primary title, to chosen representatives.
i. Any chosen representative must be a Hispanian subject and may not hold a seat of their own in either the Cortz or Assembly.
ii. Representatives serve at the behest of the original title holder and may be removed or replaced at any time by the title holder.
iii. Representatives may not hold more than one seat.​
c) A noble may not allow anyone other than themselves to claim the seat associated with their primary title.​
III. If the hereditary holder of a seat is underage or is not of sound mind or body, their primary seat may be occupied by their designated regent, otherwise it is left vacant.
IV. The Emperor may not sit in the Cortz or personally claim any seats associated with titles he possesses. This restriction does not apply to other members of the royal family.
V. The Emperor may appoint representatives to any seats associated with Crown titles, following the same restrictions as Clause II, Sub-clause B.
a) If the Emperor does not appoint a representative, the seat is left vacant.
b) The heir to the throne automatically receives the seat associated with the Emperor's primary title.
i. If the heir to the throne is not of age, the seat remains vacant until they are of age.
ii. If the heir to the throne has a seat in the Assembly, they must relinquish it immediately before claiming the seat in the Cortz.
iii. If the heir to the throne holds another seat in the Cortz, they may retain that seat as well.
iv. The heir to the throne relinquishes the seat upon ascension to the throne and then passes it on to the new heir.​

I hope this will better define the number of seats, as well as account for those who have multiple titles. It seems logical to me that the more prominent nobles should have a greater voice, and this act will account for that. I have also attempted to define the Crown's relationship to the Cortz in terms of titles. I, or any of my successors, should not be able to sit on the Cortz, but the provinces tied to the Crown titles should have representation in the Cortz. I believe being allowed to appoint representatives will serve as a replacement for the appointed members of the Assembly, seeing as they will essentially be picked in the same way but in a much smaller number. I also believe it prudent to create a special seat for the heir within the Cortz, not as a way to display favouritism towards my son or any royal heir, but as an opportunity for the heir to learn the inner workings of government through active participation. Hispania will be better served if all future emperors spend some time participating in government through the Cortz before inheriting the throne.

((Just a reminder that minister plans are due on Tuesday, so the deadline is getting close. So far I haven't seen a single one this turn. Seeing as the Emperor is considering firing some ministers who aren't performing their duties, it might be wise to post something, even if you're just keeping the old plan.

Also, while I remember, no one has requested a colony in a long time, so perhaps some might want to consider doing that since it's pretty much free VP. Just use the giant colonial map at the end of each update and pick a general area. I don't need you to pick a specific province unless you want one.))

((Minister of war plan: same as last time))

"I propose the establishment of a new colony in ((Labrador)), to be operated as a haven for all beliefs and perspectives, such that all men who reside within its charter may hold an equal vote in local affairs, have the freedom to speak whatever language they choose, and practice - or choose not to practice - whatever religion they see fit."

Cibrán Arceo,
Second Minister,
MA for Galicia

Minister of Trade Plan:
No changes ((I have no idea what I'm doing, might make a better plan when I have access to EU4))

Joaquin Villanova also plans to colonize the unclaimed north of "Taiwan".

((What can I even do? The deal we made in the Phoenix War heavily restricts the actions I can take with CN's and Byzantium is intentionally in an ambiguous situation as an "ally" of Hispania.))

I will wait for the Colonial Congress to present issues that needs Hispania's direct action as per our agreement made in the Phoenix War. As they have been silent as of late, I will assume that they are content for now and no action needed.

As for Byzantium, their ambassador has only voiced one issue. As he see war with Austria inevitable with only the current truce in the way, he would only ask for the lands of Iskria, the last remaining territory in the Balkans. As we are not going to war with Austria in the plannable future, it is not an issue for now.

((What can I even do? The deal we made in the Phoenix War heavily restricts the actions I can take with CN's and Byzantium is intentionally in an ambiguous situation as an "ally" of Hispania.))

((Well you can now decide where the Crown colonizes, something added with the Parliament reform. You can still use subject interactions, like removing the imaginary embargo Byzantium is forced to hold against our imaginary rivals. :D

As for all the ministers, the same plan is better than no plan, so I appreciate all the posts. :)))

Once again, the German ambassador makes his way to those who matter in Hispania. Or rather two men. He received instructions from his home, and so he readied himself to present this request, do his duty.

"Your Imperial Highness Alfons IX of Hispania, most esteemed Parliament,

once again, I can only express Germany's gratitude. We know that France was the instigator of the last Austrian war, yet in this war, not only the French, but also Germans and Hispanians fought as allies. A situation we would like not to stay a single moment, but to repeat itself in the future. Speaking of the Austrian war, the French had their demands, and enforced them. We understand that Hispanian interests have only been served with the Austrian defeat and not more, very comparable to our gains save for Mainz. Yet this is what matters most.
Germany still wishes for friendly relations with Hispania, and there is a division we need to remedy. What has been begun has to be brought to an end, and to achieve this, the German people has to be united in one nation. Iberians as well as most Italians are in Hispania. Greeks in Byzantium. French in France. Scandinavians in Scandinavia. Poles in Poland, Lithuanians and Russians in Lithuania, etc.. For Germany, this means our brothers in Bavaria. Yet their misguided government still believes that an independent Bavarian state has a future. Between Germany and Austria, both seeing it as a part of their realm. And the Hispanian guarantee strenghtens their belief. Bavaria is the fuse for a conflict that will take place, sooner or later.
A conflict that Hispania doesn't want to take part in. The balance in Europe will not be damaged if another nation unifies. The carcass of the HRE has long drawn its last breath. If we claim our rightful place by force, then Hispania will find itself abandoned; for the French and Scandinavians do support us, the Austrians are worth nobody's trust, and Bavaria will fall either way. If Austria attacks, then their realm will fall apart and the vacuum will be filled, upsetting the balance in Europe far more than in the first case.
But that is not all to consider. The Austrians still believe in the HRE. Should an attack be launched on the last member, then the Austrians have to protect Bavaria. Now this would open a path to possible correction of the last peace treaty. Break the Austrian influence in the North, in the South, what could have been done by the French. We both have a common enemy. We already fought said enemy together. So we do believe that we can do it once again.
There is still time needed to recover from the last war, so discuss it as much as necessary. Only keep in mind that there will come a moment when Bavarian fuse will launch a conflict."

The ambassador having finished, his companion adds some last words. He is obviously not a diplomat.
"The guarantee already is worth nothing. The Hispanian demands have not been met, so there will be another war against Austria - and as Hispania and Austria cannot be allies and enemies at the same time... these stratagems have their origins in Hispania, so you should know what I am talking about. So just revoke what has no purpose other than to postpone the inevitable."

((Fine, feel free to end that embargo on Byzantium. But there is really no point to any other subject interactions in the situation we are in. All of them are illegal by treaty or simply either undesirable or unnecessary at the moment. I will still be taking the passive/reacting approach to the colonies though. If you feel anything needs to be done, you will need to have the Congress send a message for me to act on or ignore. Or just go over my head and straight to Parliament...))

Minister of Religious Affairs: Spread the CJC into one province in Egypt (and only one), prioritizing the slowest province. ((I know this is not optimal strategy. ;) ))

((Mesage to Court/Assembly/Cortz/Wherever else our "monarchy" convenes ;) ))
"Whether the Bavarians wish to join Germany or not should be their voluntary decision, and they should not be forced to stand by abstract ideals of culturally-based nations. Previous states of the German region have peacefully joined the country of Germany, and Bavaria can, too. If they choose not to join a state which has the Usurper as its Chancellor, let them. Hispania will simply empower the Bavarians to be free to make their own decision."—MRA

((Message to Christendom))
"If the Catholics in Bavaria wish to be remain independent and not face the prospect of intolerance in Protestant Germany, then I stand by their decision"—Pope Xystus II

"I feel like I am growing old. I spent my youth dangerously, and all the injuries have come back to haunt me. I feel that while I may live a decade more, perhaps two, they will likely be painful ones. This brings me to the reason I have called you here. We successfully repelled the first reform attempts of the Neo-Pheonixes, for Phoenixes are what even they call themselves. But the subversive forces of the Phoenix seem eternal. We three will soon die, and then what? The Phoenix will live on in young Faixon, and again and again it will be reborn, in new forms, new men, new ways. The flames of the Phoenix are unquenchable, and all we can do in a lifetime is obstruct it.

But why must it be this way? Why does the Triumvirate die with us? What if we, too, become timeless? The forces of strife are endless, and the agents of good all too mortal. So how can the Empire be protected?

I suggest we end the Triumvirate, today on the Third of March, 1773 Anno Domini, and instead form a trans-personal group. One that will last beyond the short lives of men. Current members of the group select new members to join, thereby ensuring the forces of good are passed through the ages. Of course, this league of enlightened men working for the common good will need a name. Therefore, I name it the Illuminati. Why? We are the only ones who truly see the light, who understand the true method of governance, an who support the righteous leaders. We are the only ones truly enlightened.

And so, shall we end the Triumvirate, and create the Illuminati?

((I have many ideas for the name, but none have the particular feel that Illuminati does. I wonder why... :D

Also, 1 May 1776 is the date of the creation of the actual group known as the Illuminati in Bavaria, so we could have a sister organization spread to independent Bavaria. ;)))

Minister of Religious Affairs: Spread the CJC into one province in Egypt (and only one), prioritizing the slowest province. ((I know this is not optimal strategy. ;) ))

((So ignore every province but one of those Coptic ones? Okay. :p

While I remember, you are one of the people I still need to know a party for, seeing as it's very important for me figuring out party loyalty for various provinces while I devise the new voting system and the composition of the parliament.))