• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm going to say no: I'd say that the only areas that would really have a lot of contact with China would be Mongolia and Tibet as I doubt that trade will get modeled in a way that can't be simulated without it being on the map. I would be okay with it being added, but hope that that will take a few years as I'd prioritize areas that are already on the map over new ones.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Maybe eventually, but I'd rather see them fill in all the gaps in the current starting area (by which I mean areas where only the top-level ruler is filled in, and the rest is missing - not wasteland areas) before they add more. I don't really see the point in adding another huge chunk of land when they can't even handle what they have currently.

Honestly, I'd probably rather see China and its neighbors as a separate, standalone game, perhaps using the same engine.

• 5Like
Reactions:
New Court will include only 4 visual style and there wouldn't even be African. They don't add flavor even to the parts they expanded in the base game and people want more zones... Do you really want even more shallow and generic location? I'm sure modders would add China maps faster and will make them better than Pdx would release such dlc

• 4Like
Reactions:
New Court will include only 4 visual style and there wouldn't even be African. They don't add flavor even to the parts they expanded in the base game and people want more zones... Do you really want even more shallow and generic location? I'm sure modders would add China maps faster and will make them better than Pdx would release such dlc
I agree , more depth with what we have currently is more important.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Do you guys thing that it's a good idea for the devs to add China , Japan and korea ?

Not really. I know the scope of CK games has moved past just crusaders, but that is still one of the major themes and focuses, and there is a lot of stuff relevant to that which needs fleshing out long before they consider expanding the map/adding more regions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Do we need it? No. Would it be nice? Yes. I wouldn't mind seeing an East Asia expansion once the current map has better flavor and expanded mechanics.

• 7Like
Reactions:
- Do I think it's a good idea? Yes, but not necessarily at this time. My preference would be for fleshing out what we've already got, both in terms of mechanics and ways to play the game but also by adding more "flavour" to existing regions which feel a little bland currently.

- I would imagine the game engine is built to accommodate future map expansion - wasn't this already known to be planned?

Having said all that, from a profit perspective, I'd wager Far East content would be very attractive and could come sooner rather than later.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Eventually? Yes.

Mind you I want south east asia more. I want the islands of Indonesia, I want the champa realms, the vietnamese kingdom, the migration of Assamese and the foundation of the Ahom Kingdom. I want the Cambodian empire and building Angkor Wat.

But there are a lot of stuff that needs to happen first before we get the rest of Asia. And guess what it all will help with things when we go eastwards. Trade is important for a lot of part of the world and of course the silk road that starts in China. We need good imperial and beuacratic empires particularly for the Caliphate and Byzantines, and that will be needed for China. There should be improvements to religion to have monastic orders and sects, which will be helpful for China. So on and so on.

A lot of depth needs to be added to the current map but that depth will just make going to the rest of asia better.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I kinda miss Western Protectorate from Jade Dragon - made playing on the eastern edge of the map a lot more interesting (in fact factored in a major way into my favorite CK2 playthrough). After that, the map edge in CK3 feels quite like the void it is.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not interested, but not going to protest if they decide to include them. Quality over quantity please.

If someone at management is having difficult time staying erect without access to chinese markets, why not make a game specifically tailored for them?

• 5Like
Reactions:
Paradox could just make another Segoku game that could include Korea and China. An eastern version of CK3 if you will.
That would be a pretty cool, IMO.

In regards to CK3, I would like to see China. I think Japan is too far (and again, they already have an IP based around Japan).
I think this argument of "you'd never interact with China" is weak. If I play Wessax I'm barely interacting with Africa let alone India as the game stands now.
The point wouldn't be someone else to interact with as some western European nation, but as more of the world to play. The Mongols interacted with them (hell, they conquered them). As I'm sure other nations currently in the game had interactions with them. Plus, it would open up a whole new exciting area of the world to play (much like India being added to CK series in CK2 expansion and CK3). China has a pretty interesting rich history that's worth exploring.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Paradox could just make another Segoku game that could include Korea and China. An eastern version of CK3 if you will.
That would be a pretty cool, IMO.

In regards to CK3, I would like to see China. I think Japan is too far (and again, they already have an IP based around Japan).
I think this argument of "you'd never interact with China" is weak. If I play Wessax I'm barely interacting with Africa let alone India as the game stands now.
The point wouldn't be someone else to interact with as some western European nation, but as more of the world to play. The Mongols interacted with them (hell, they conquered them). As I'm sure other nations currently in the game had interactions with them. Plus, it would open up a whole new exciting area of the world to play (much like India being added to CK series in CK2 expansion and CK3). China has a pretty interesting rich history that's worth exploring.
and you may not interact with them *directly*, but much like hisotry, just because you dont interact with them, doesnt mean their existence didnt affect you.

wars between the european powers and middle east can be heavily swayed by pressures on the middle east from the far east. defending against a crusade is a heck of a lot harder when mongols are attacking your north, or a rising Indian empire is coming from the east. and by that same arguement, the farthest east nations are unnaturally safe and able to consolidate power, because they only have enemies coming from one side, the bigger they get the farther their capital is from any potential enemy, and the fewer enemies bordering them that can declare war. So naturally, extend the map east (eventually) so you have the entire old world to interact with you and eachother. More actors means more possibilities for interactions and opportunities. its about the chain of events that lead to a narrative, rather than a single individual interaction.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Need, no. Want, yes.

I am certainly okay with it being optional DLC and taking its time, but I like the idea of a larger map. It is true that those three can be made their own game, but something like Grounded is set in a backyard. That in of itself is more setting than scope. It depends on how they do it if it will be too much or not worth it. The expansions are $30 this time around.

• 1Like
Reactions: