[Megathread] Leviathan Release Problems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
100 reviews are far from meaningful. But if the game is marked negative, or very negative, this would make a potential customer wary.
But they aren't, it's 50/50. If just one person voted a negative review and noone else placed a review, does that make the game bad?

• 1Like
Reactions:
We hope to have 1.31.1 out next week

^ this - I just confirmed that the fixes are in the 1.31.1 build. It doesn't excuse the assets missing in 1.30.0 however.
Will there be any changes to the development process to ensure such basic bugs such as missing GFXs aren't in the release?

Reactions:
You are correct, that wasn't my point.
People keep quoting 100 reviews as being meaningful. The sample size is far, far, far too small. There are nearly 20,000 people playing the game right now, it peaks in around 5 hours. You cannot, in any way, say that < 0.25% of the playerbase's opinion is meaningful (either for OR against the product). 99%+ of people that play the game have not given their opinion.

If 0.25% of the country vote to do something, does that mean the whole country thinks it and it should be done? Of course not, so why are the rules so different in so many people's thinking on this forum? Get some perspective.

Your view on the rest of what you've said is completely true and a separate point.
So you are arguing that if less than 100% of players have voted on the game ratings should be disregarded? Or that if 200 people out of 20000 voted their votes should be disregarded due to them being a negligable percentage out of total number? Well, nothing preventing all those 20000 from coming and voting positively on the DLC.
Why aren't they doing that, I guess?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why don't you want a product to work properly the first time you buy it?
Wow, that is an impressive textbook strawman.

Being dissatisfied with this patch is perfectly legitimate. I am, very much.
And it is absolutely ok to criticize Paradox as a company, who in some form certainly are the culprit for this botched release.

Personally attacking the devs, calling them names and singling out individuals for blame when you actually have no clue whose fault it is is not.
Blaming "QA" - which is not an abstract concept, but an identifiable group of people - or Johan is singling out individuals.

Reactions:
This may have been before a final decision to put the missions in the DLC and the disaster in the basegame, or it may have been an oversight. Either way, this is clearly not intentional.

My statement was admittedly partially intended to entertain.

But: New mission trees have always been DLC content, not patch content; with the exception of 1.29 Manchu which had no accompanying DLC, and Emperor which added so many mission trees that some were included in the 1.30 patch - but iirc all the major trees were still DLC content. This has been the system since mission trees were added in Rule Britannia, which released more than 3 years ago. After 3 years, one should expect devs to know that missions will be behind a paywall.

Reactions:
Someone forgot to edit the heightmap

eu4_1.png

eu4_2.png

• 48Haha
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
We hope to have 1.31.1 out next week

^ this - I just confirmed that the fixes are in the 1.31.1 build. It doesn't excuse the assets missing in 1.30.0 however.
I think that if PDX had any professional decency, they'd remove the DLC from the store until it's fixed. This product is unplayable and this repeated behavior of releasing untested, unfinished product is shameful.

• 6Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
So you are arguing that if less than 100% of players have voted on the game ratings should be disregarded? Or that if 200 people out of 20000 voted their votes should be disregarded due to them being a negligable percentage out of total number? Well, nothing preventing all those 20000 from coming and voting positively on the DLC.
Why aren't they doing that, I guess?
Well it's the 2nd time i've tried to explain it to you, If that's how you take what i'm saying then you are very good at missing points and jumping to conclusions, carry on.

Clearly not, in no way at all can what i say be interpreted that way so you are just lying and being dramatic.
If 200 out of 20,000 people voted, their view isn't representative of the majority/whole and is a tiny sample size so their view is representive of that - 0.5% of people so far have left a negative review. That is my point. I've made that so very clear but you keep choosing to ignore it to keep up your propoganda rant.
They are doing what most people do and play the game they enjoy rather than spend their life complaining on other people's behalf.

Reactions:
Wow, that is an impressive textbook strawman.

Being dissatisfied with this patch is perfectly legitimate. I am, very much.
And it is absolutely ok to criticize Paradox as a company, who in some form certainly are the culprit for this botched release.

Personally attacking the devs, calling them names and singling out individuals for blame when you actually have no clue whose fault it is is not.
Blaming "QA" - which is not an abstract concept, but an identifiable group of people - or Johan is singling out individuals.
Jumping straight in with don't attack devs when all good will has been burnt so that's obviously what people will do, rather than 'I understand its a terrible launch' just makes you look like a shill
QA seems to be as abstract as Muhammed pbuh because we have no records of what they look like

• 2Haha
Reactions:
For those of us who have supported this games development for years releasing it in this state is insulting. From the bugs to the new features that are completely unbalanced is taking consumers for granted.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Well it's the 2nd time i've tried to explain it to you, If that's how you take what i'm saying then you are very good at missing points and jumping to conclusions, carry on.

Clearly not, in no way at all can what i say be interpreted that way so you are just lying and being dramatic.
If 200 out of 20,000 people voted, their view isn't representative of the majority/whole and is a tiny sample size so their view is representive of that - 0.5% of people so far have left a negative review. That is my point. I've made that so very clear but you keep choosing to ignore it to keep up your propoganda rant.
They are doing what most people do and play the game they enjoy rather than spend their life complaining on other people's behalf.
Bad big bugdet movies like Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad or even the last Harry Potter tend to attract big numbers of people at first but they fall hard later on, when most people realise that the product is bad. Same here

• 4Like
Reactions:
And could somebody please fix this name placement? How did it end up in the game anyway, it would take less than 2 minutes to fix.

eu4_3.png

• 16Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
This Leviathan DLC release is probably Paradox' worst release of a DLC ever. I had hoped they learned from the time they released Emperor. Many of the bugs and broken systems have been pointed out before release in earlier streams by viewers and even YouTubers who did entire breakdown videos of the new update. Apparently Paradox did not listen to its playerbase and had a poor QA. I don't want to blame an average developer for everything, it seems like the problem is systematic in Paradox' company culture. The culture of rushing out DLCs before they are properly checked and ready. I'm not angry, just extremely disapointed. EU4 is my favorite game. I have 3.676 hours so I like to think I know a little bit about what works and what doesn't. Needing your paying customers to fix your game is not normal. I've been in many other threads so I will summarize some stuff that we've seen ingame here below. Again, a lot of this could have been checked after playing for ONE MINUTE.

-Ming can just farm development from their TRIBUTARIES
-Samoa having -50% Advisor Cost in their starting ambition. HAHAHA
-Shirvan monument still same modifiers.
-Horde - Religious policy gives +100% missionary strength (do your One Faiths now boys)
-Divine ideas policy gives +50 PA per year
-Mt. Fuji still gives global -20% dev instead of local
-Sikhism has placeholder icons
-After 10 years a player curries 45 favours on France as Castile. So halfway towards enforcing the dynasty on them.
-Majapahit's Disaster cannot be avoided without owning the new DLC

The fact that you can steal development from ANY vassal including a tributary already tells you how broken the new system of concentrating development is. There's almost no penalty for Liberty Desire.

unknown.png

gov cap.jpg

majapahit.jpg

sikh 100.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-27 151652.png

I might rebuy it if everything gets fixed, Paradox apologizes to the fans and the price gets somewhat lowered. Releasing a product of this quality is illegal in many countries. Please do better.
I know you guys can. You made this great game after all. Have a good day and good luck with fixing this mess.

• 43Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
If the studio have problems with QA, I may be such a guy on remote. I think many players would accept that with NDA and stuff like that

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
probably higher-ups fault tbh. companies on the stock market usually become money grabbing shitfests after a while... im just hoping this isnt the case, and they arent being ruined by greedy shareholders

• 3Like
Reactions:
Don't worry, they'll fix 50% of the bugs in the patch next week.

Don't worry about the other 50%, you'll soon forget about them with the next DLC!

• 33Haha
  • 8Like
Reactions: