Europa Universalis IV - 6 April 2021 - War Canoes & Unit Renders

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lovely DD as always, just curious what if any of the unit models are going to be copied for the Philippines? Seems out of place that they will be the one region to not have unit models. Where they out of the art focus?

• 1Like
Reactions:
The monument system in Leviathan also comes with a tonne of high quality illustrations, which is why this time we don't have any new advisor portraits.

Hello @SaintDaveUK and thank you for this Dev Diary.

Actually, I'm not able to see the terrain illustrations in the province UI because of my 1366x768 screen resolution. So, will I be able to see those monument illustrations anyway?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hello @SaintDaveUK and thank you for this Dev Diary.

Actually, I'm not able to see the terrain illustrations in the province UI because of my 1366x768 screen resolution. So, will I be able to see those monument illustrations anyway?

...wait, there's supposed to be a terrain picture on colonised provinces?
BFED672ED4A47581DBFFA4B09A23D01F5F5034A3

...huh. Why does Paradox hate small screens/and or fear scrolling interfaces?

• 4Haha
Reactions:
No native American units? I'm was actually hyped more than I was supposed to be.
Amazing work on the all the renders, though. You've really outdone yourselves!!

• 5Like
Reactions:
Canoes? absolutely awesome! Bravo!

Lovely DD as always, just curious what if any of the unit models are going to be copied for the Philippines? Seems out of place that they will be the one region to not have unit models. Where they out of the art focus?
They weren't originally intended to be a part of the patch's focus. They were tweaked based on popular demand in a content designer's down time afaik.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why lump unit models with actual gameplay features? I don't want to pay for unit models, why do you no longer seperate gameplay and cosmetic content?

Reactions:
symptom of a larger problem with direction
If you have ever modded in a new historicsl tag you will realise that that VAST amount of work on the content designers side is research. Go through dozens or hundreds of sources to check out what is worth an event, what are fitting NI etc. Implementing those takes almost no time, you could do dozens of tags a day but researching what to implement and actually finding proper sources takes ages.

• 5Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
When you buy Leviathan, you get the content packs too. Included in the Leviathan content packs are
  • the units shown in the dev diary (roughly equivalent to 2 regular unit packs)
  • the war canoe unit model
  • 2 music packs (North America and South East Asia).

The monument system in Leviathan also comes with a tonne of high quality illustrations, which is why this time we don't have any new advisor portraits.

Absolutely!

oh yes. Iam hopefull that the monuments will be the "big thing" of this update like estates changes where in 1.30 (both got just one DD, besides their importance)

Reactions:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
is there a possibility of the Seminoles being formed in the 1700s by event or is that unlikely as Florida will be colonized by that point? Also an alternative could be an event for all natives bordering a western nation what their policy should be for run away slaves they could be like the creek confederacy and draft them into their own plantations granting goods produced or production efficiency bonus while the red path of the Seminole could give a small manpower boost.

Reactions:
The new unit models are very cool and I am happy with confirmation that polynesians will get new army models, when playing in Oceania or SEA I will miss appropriate advisor portraits, but maybe they will be added later, someday.

Reactions: