• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grats to the team - excellent work to all of you :)

in success, quad things are possible. :D

I just finished the storyline and I wanted to say... a big, make that a MASSIVE thank you to all the good people of HBS, PGI and Catalyst. Battletech is alive because of you guys. I have never been happier to have kickstartered something in the past.

I love the ending (that I won't ruin). And to "Bear," I hope Lynn said yes!

I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us. Thank you again for keeping alive such a HUGE part of my childhood and one of the few hobbies that has stood the test of time.

Just to clarify that for me: We actually hitted the ominous "success" everybody was talking about? is it really true? I dont have to buy the game a second time?

I had the feeling there where a lot of complaints in the last days in the forum here, but a assumed that was because everybody else was actually plaing the game...like i did :'D

y7uo9257873498.gif

Awesome news!

Well deserved, HBS. Thanks for once again making your backers happy. I've been a big fan since I binged through Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall, then backed Shadowrun Hong Kong.

I'm sorry that the launch was marred by technical issues and success is qualified by a lower user critical response tab your design, at least, deserves.

And there was much rejoicing
and-there-was-much-rejoicing-gif-2.gif

Excellent news, congratulations to everyone at HBS! Success is well deserved.

I'm glad character customisation is getting attention (after initial bugfixing and performance isues). Despite the fact that I'm someone who just chooses a character appearance on the spur of the moment, and would personally be more interested in things like additional mission types, events and content for the sandbox mode, from reading the forums over the last few years I've learned how important characterisation and roleplaying are to many in the community. Despite HBS making a good, inclusive start, there were still people who couldn't make a character with the look they wanted or who had been looking forward to customising their whole squad as implied in the kickstarter goals.

But we all knew you'd do your best to revisit these features and implement more of your initial plans - the game just had to attain a reasonable level of success. And it sounds like you've already blown past that point. So here's to the long term future of the game, and to the thought of the team coming into work and actually being able to start thinking of... drool... an expansion.

**downs large, Steiner-style PPC**

Congratulations to success !!!!

HBS you are great !!!!

The wallet is open for further expansion of the universe.

So, what is the success of nice developers: Mega big, Big, Medium

Battletech is among the top 3 games I've played.

And I expect that in the future there will be Solaris 7 updates that were promised !!!!

You do a great job and continue doing so.

I love Battletech.

[...]

3. Localization (French, German, Russian) and Linux support
These are both Kickstarter commitments and high priorities for our post-launch roadmap. (Along with a couple other Kickstarter commitments that didn't make it in for launch.) We don't have a more precise ETA yet for these items but will update you as soon as we do.

[...]

Is there are any plan for a future Spanish localization? I think I have seen a folder named "Spanish" inside the game files.

Have the Memory Leak issue fixed and all will be well with this game.

Is that whats up with this game steadily running like more and more shit? I play for several hours and it grinds to a friggin halt. Currently, after a long session, it takes my PC like 10 minutes to turn the game off.

That aside, im impressed that this game not only launched on it's target date, but that it runs as well as it does. Mine hasnt crashed or had any issues besides just the slowing down. More then can be said of other games ive played from beta to launch. Not only is the launch and every subsequent patch delayed, but the game constantly fluctuates between broke and playable, with new and recurring bugs always cropping back up lol...

Is there are any plan for a future Spanish localization? I think I have seen a folder named "Spanish" inside the game files.

Currently we only have plans for French, German and Russian, however we'll evaluate other possible languages in the future, so we're not going to rule it out, but can't commit to anything either.

5. More BATTLETECH!
The above is just the beginning! We'll be continuing with more free Updates after Update 1, and we'd also love to release a larger paid content Expansion or two - but right now we're staying focused on bugfixes and immediate reactions to launch feedback. With your support, we could not be more excited to continue making BATTLETECH even bigger and better.

Thank you,
HBS

........ Maybe add LosTech and Solaris VII maybe????

Or the unseen, now that HG got told to shut up by the courts?????

Or Stackpoling??? (Wait, nevermind on that one).

Actually, I would really love to see some additional physical based mechs (Hatchetman/Axeman, Charger, etc...).

But overall, I think I would say "JUST KEEP MAKING BATTLETECH GAMES!"

I do like the outlook on BattleTech. Some quality of life improvements, some long term missions (endless game) and I will stick to the game quite a bit more. Have a look at how successful Stellaris mixes DLC plus free patches, hopefully this can be a guidance for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.