The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If anything Otto is more like Zuko, through I wouldn´t compare him with Iroh.:p But yeah I highly doubt it is likely for the Reich to end up with a tyrannical Kaiser since the Hohenzollern family seems nice and there doesn´t seem to be any conditions for a tyrant Kaiser/Kaiserin to rise to power. Chancellor on the other hand.:eek: But yeah I would like to see those epithets (especially Phoenix Kaiser) in the table of contents.:D
Also what did you guys think of my Interlude?:)
There is no way the Kaiser would allow another tyrannical chancellor to come to power, after what the Angeloi did.

By the way, I've added the epithets to the table of contents, and then some.:)

As I've said previously, the interlude's a great mix of homage to the original and worldbuilding. I've added it to the table of contents.
Do you remember what the CSSA has coming?
And the Eimerican Commune, and the UTR. But mostly the CSSA.;)
Well, it would fit with the openings you have written;)
But I have the Kaisers as the Avatar, not the Fire Lord. Though I have trouble imagining Otto as Aang or Elisabeth Alexandra as Korra.:p
True but I was expecting them to collapse from an invasion during the war, either from the non equalist Eimericans or the Reich.
Well, Fusang and Kanata got their butts handed to them in the war, Mayapan wasn't doing so well, and the UPM only took one city. And I am not going to invade North Eimerica. It was a pain doing that in EU4 and the first Victoria 2.
Nah, that isn't fun. And why wouldn't you want all the beautiful memes that come from it?
The "remove [REDACTED]" memes come to mind. We can't forget those when we get to creating Turkeyballs.:p
I was thinking of there being memes of Mayans removing Tejans, but that is a good point.
While I´m still on the ¨Phoenix Kaiser¨ maybe you, Zen, can put in a reference in the AAR about that epithet being chosen by the people for Otto as a result of the popularity he would have after his victory in World War 3. Maybe explain that it came from crowds chanting ¨ALL HAIL THE PHOENIX KAISER!¨ during Otto´s victory speech. Just a thought.:)
I might include that in the update when reunification is completed.:)

Just as a suggestion, I believe that just "the Phoenix" would be a better nickname than "the Phoenix Kaiser". For example, when talking about him, people would say Kaiser Otto the Phoenix, not Kaiser Otto the Phoenix Kaiser, merely due to redundancy. It's obviously nothing major, just thought I'd put forth my two cents.

Also, I don't want to spoil anything, but for the Eimericas, since I don't believe they abandoned equalism (save for Kanata), will they serve a similar role to the rump communist states in East Asia in our world (PRC, North Korea, Vietnam), either becoming very isolated or slowly becoming more capitalist?

Just as a suggestion, I believe that just "the Phoenix" would be a better nickname than "the Phoenix Kaiser". For example, when talking about him, people would say Kaiser Otto the Phoenix, not Kaiser Otto the Phoenix Kaiser, merely due to redundancy. It's obviously nothing major, just thought I'd put forth my two cents.

Also, I don't want to spoil anything, but for the Eimericas, since I don't believe they abandoned equalism (save for Kanata), will they serve a similar role to the rump communist states in East Asia in our world (PRC, North Korea, Vietnam), either becoming very isolated or slowly becoming more capitalist?
I was actually gonna suggest that since the epithet was my idea. But yeah I agree.:) Through Zen did say he was still going to do the scene of the people cheering him, but he could change it to “ALL HAIL THE PHOENIX!” Instead.:) The other epithets can stay the way they are now.

Last edited:
"The Phoenix" and "The Phoenix Kaiser" could be two distinct nicknames. When people use the latter, they'd probably just say "Otto the Phoenix Kaiser" to avoid the obvious redundancy. I'll add "the Phoenix" to the table of contents. It seems Otto's going to get a lot of nicknames.:p
If you know who Witko is supposed to be (which should be obvious from the meme we came up with), you know what will happen to the Eimerican equalists.;)

I was actually gonna suggest that since the epithet was my idea. But yeah I agree.:) Through Zen did say he was still going to do the scene of the people cheering him, but he could change it to “ALL HAIL THE PHOENIX!” Instead.:) The other epithets can stay the way they are now.
The thing about nicknames is that they don't tend to be too formalized; you could easily have him simply be known as the Phoenix while continuing to have the crowds chant "All hail the Phoenix Kaiser!" Because he is still the Phoenix Kaiser, after all, though his epithet is just the Phoenix.

"The Phoenix" and "The Phoenix Kaiser" could be two distinct nicknames. When people use the latter, they'd probably just say "Otto the Phoenix Kaiser" to avoid the obvious redundancy. I'll add "the Phoenix" to the table of contents. It seems Otto's going to get a lot of nicknames.:p

If you know who Witko is supposed to be (which should be obvious from the meme we came up with), you know what will happen to the Eimerican equalists.;)
I mean, I really think he deserves all the nicknames, what with experiencing all three (so far) Weltkriegs, leading the Reich through two of them himself, and leading the Reich through the Cold War intact. Considering his ancestor Wilhelmina was able to, can we have Otto become canonized after his death? Seriously, he did more than any of the other recent Kaisers through leading the Reich through these changing times. Elizabeth has big shoes to fill.

And that bodes well for the Eimericans. :eek:

I mean, I really think he deserves all the nicknames, what with experiencing all three (so far) Weltkriegs, leading the Reich through two of them himself, and leading the Reich through the Cold War intact. Considering his ancestor Wilhelmina was able to, can we have Otto become canonized after his death? Seriously, he did more than any of the other recent Kaisers through leading the Reich through these changing times. Elizabeth has big shoes to fill.

And that bodes well for the Eimericans. :eek:
If he´s not canonized he would at least still be remembered as one of the greatest leaders in all of Roman history. Yes, that includes the previous Roman Empires before the Reich and the Republic.:p
P.S. Doesn´t Russia still have Lithuanian lands from the first World War? Will that be returned to Lithuania as well?

Last edited:
Considering his ancestor Wilhelmina was able to, can we have Otto become canonized after his death? Seriously, he did more than any of the other recent Kaisers through leading the Reich through these changing times. Elizabeth has big shoes to fill.
At this rate, he'll definitely be canonized, but we have to wait for him to die first, unlike with Wilhelmina.:p
P.S. Doesn´t Russia still have Lithuanian lands from the first World War? Will that be returned to Lithuania as well?
Yeah, Russia still has those lands. Most of them are still even majority Lithuanian. But the Reich would rather keep them with Russia, because it doesn't trust Lithuania and most of that land was originally Russian anyways. But that doesn't necessarily mean Lithuania isn't going to get new territory.;)

At this rate, he'll definitely be canonized, but we have to wait for him to die first, unlike with Wilhelmina.:p
The question is what Otto will be the patron saint of. Rome already has a patron saint in the form of Saint Wilhelmina. Maybe he can be the patron saint of meritocracy?

Also, will you be covering any resurgence in religious belief in the former equalist countries, like what happened in Russia in OTL?

The question is what Otto will be the patron saint of. Rome already has a patron saint in the form of Saint Wilhelmina. Maybe he can be the patron saint of meritocracy?

Also, will you be covering any resurgence in religious belief in the former equalist countries, like what happened in Russia in OTL?
Freedom most likely.:) That or the saint of Romanitas.
But yeah Otto will defintaly be among Rome´s greatest heroes, probably even like a second Horatius, Scipio or Romulus for the people of the Reich and Roman civilization. We have Friedrcih the Great who founded the Reich, Friedrich The Glorious who created the borders of the empire and made it great, Wilhelmina who unified the people of the Reich, and now Otto who freed and saved the empire.

Last edited:
But yeah Otto will defintaly be among Rome´s greatest heroes, probably even like a second Horatius, Scipio or Romulus for the people of the Reich and Roman civilization. We have Friedrcih the Great who founded the Reich, Friedrich The Glorious who created the borders of the empire and made it great, Wilhelmina who unified the people of the Reich, and now Otto who freed and saved the empire.
Oh, but those are but a few of Rome's great heroes! What of Victoria III (wait a minute...), who besieged Tenochtitlan itself? Or the great modernizer Sigismund II, who led the Romans through the Industrial Revolution and Maximist Wars? That's not even to mention the heroes of classical Rome.

Oh, but those are but a few of Rome's great heroes! What of Victoria III (wait a minute...), who besieged Tenochtitlan itself? Or the great modernizer Sigismund II, who led the Romans through the Industrial Revolution and Maximist Wars? That's not even to mention the heroes of classical Rome.
I suppose your right, but my point still stands that Otto will probably be added to the pantheon of Roman heroes during the empire´s iterations through out its history. And Anne Frank, Ludendorff, Doukas and a few other Roman heroes throughout the Reich´s recent history in the 20th century would probably be included too now that I think about it.

Last edited:
I suppose your right, but my point still stands that Otto will probably be added to the pantheon of Roman heroes during the empire´s iterations through out its history. And Anne Frank, Ludendorff, Doukas and a few other Roman heroes throughout the Reich´s recent history in the 20th century would probably be included too now that I think about it.
Of course; I wasn't trying to dispute your claim, I just noticed a large gap between Wilhelmina and Otto.

Oh, I will definitely cover the resurgence in religious belief in former equalist countries, especially the Eimericas. And I'm also going to be talking about the Reich's equivalent of the patriot/militia movement soon, and there's room for Christian resurgence in those movements as well.

By the way, I promised I would talk about pagan gods a while back, and I think I finally found a way to include them in the next story arc. Expect some of them to show up sometime in the 1990s.;)
Otto will be among Rome's mightiest heroes (not quite Vindicators level, but I'll cover Marvel in a later cultural update). Because Saint Wilhelmina is already the patron saint of the Reich (Saint Gunhilda is the patron saint of the military), there isn't left for Otto besides patron saint of abstract ideals like meritocracy, liberalism, tolerance, and Romanitas. That and moderation in not starting a nuclear war.:D

Well, Friedrich the Great, Friedrich the Glorious, Siegfried I/II, Sigismund I/II, the Victorias and Frederica Augustas, and Sophia weren't canonized. They were just great military and political leaders. Then again, now that you bring that up that might change in the 21st century.;)
I'm not sure if Anne, Ludendorff, Hugo Doukas, Adenauer, and other heroes, despite their deeds, merit sainthood on the same level as the Kaisers. There's a difference between a hero like Anne Frank and a hero like Saint Wilhelmina. But I may reconsider as the story goes on.;)

By the way, I promised I would talk about pagan gods a while back, and I think I finally found a way to include them in the next story arc. Expect some of them to show up sometime in the 1990s.;)
I assume it will be something similar to how the pagan pantheons in the Percy Jackson/HOO/other Rick Riordan series exist in the same universe. Speaking of Rick Riordan, I wonder what those series will be like in this universe since it would be confusing to have Greek and Roman demigods and all of the Half bloods being of Roman nationality.:p Plus we can´t have Olympus being on Berlin in PJO/HOO I guess since it was fought over by Romans and Soviets and isn´t exactly the center of western civilization anymore. Camp Half blood would probably be near Frankfurt tho.
Otto will be among Rome's mightiest heroes (not quite Vindicators level, but I'll cover Marvel in a later cultural update). Because Saint Wilhelmina is already the patron saint of the Reich (Saint Gunhilda is the patron saint of the military), there isn't left for Otto besides patron saint of abstract ideals like meritocracy, liberalism, tolerance, and Romanitas. That and moderation in not starting a nuclear war.:D
Itś been awhile since we last heard about Superheroes, can´t wait to check up on Comic books and Graphic Novels in the next decade updates.:D
I'm not sure if Anne, Ludendorff, Hugo Doukas, Adenauer, and other heroes, despite their deeds, merit sainthood on the same level as the Kaisers. There's a difference between a hero like Anne Frank and a hero like Saint Wilhelmina. But I may reconsider as the story goes on.;)
I was going more off the heroes and saints of the Reich being compared to the heroes in the classical Roman pantheon, then again I´m pretty sure the heroes of Ancient Rome would also be considered saints by the church due to the significance of the Roman Reich.:)

Last edited:
I assume it will be something similar to how the pagan pantheons in the Percy Jackson/HOO/other Rick Riordan series exist in the same universe. Speaking of Rick Riordan, I wonder what those series will be like in this universe since it would be confusing to have Greek and Roman demigods and all of the Half bloods being of Roman nationality.:p Plus we can´t have Olympus being on Berlin in PJO/HOO I guess since it was fought over by Romans and Soviets and isn´t exactly the center of western civilization anymore. Camp Half blood would probably be near Frankfurt tho.
I think Rick Riordan will publish about the same books as he does in real life, though preferably more young adult than child-friendly (one of the main reasons I stopped reading, as opposed to Harry Potter). Camp Half Blood might be located in Frankfurt, while Camp Jupiter might be located outside Constantinople
Itś been awhile since we last heard about Superheroes, can´t wait to check up on Comic books and Graphic Novels in the next decade updates.:D
I've currently got at least 20 pages covering the Marvel cinematic universe and another 30 to make the recent DC movies actually good. I'm not lacking anything to discuss.;)
I was going more off the heroes and saints of the Reich being compared to the heroes in the classical Roman pantheon, then again I´m pretty sure the heroes of Ancient Rome would also be considered saints by the church due to the significance of the Roman Reich.:)
The heroes of Ancient Rome probably would still be seen as historical/mythological figures like they are in real life. The Church prefers its saints to be Christians.:p