HOI4 - Development Diary - September 16th 2016

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've found "map" folder inside my docs game forder, where was "csv" file, i deleted whole folder and got correct checksum in game.
hehe, yeah I guess my response was in synch :D

Reactions:
Chances are you have had mods that left files. Look at the Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV directory under Documents and delete everything that isnt your settings file and savegames (a map folder for example)

While it fixed this (thanks! :) ) - Is this something that could perhaps be looked at at some point? Either not allowing mods to propagate from the mod folder, or have something keep track of them so that it's easier to "uninstall" mods?

If the host chooses no, does the game continue or is it paused while you wait for that player to return?

If the host picks no, that nation will just sit idle. You can keep playing but it might be kind of a jerk thing to do.

There was a bug where units would refuse to move to the starting point of paratroop orders, if that would require them to transport with convoys. That seems to still be the case, you might want to take a look at it.

Other than that, there seems to be a new bug, where the game displays the flag of evil instead of the glorious Union Jack on the launcher (It might be related to the bug that aluminium and armour are often misspelled) :D

Thank you. I had a look at this.

Reactions:
When I first read about difficulty sliders- meh

Now, I really like them to make some specific countries facing me tougher.

Thanks for the patch.

If there's any Future of difficulty sliders then:
I'd like to drill down more. Like I'd give Russia high core territory combat modifiers, medium boosts to recovery; but maybe not so much boost to PP.

Italy. Playing as Germany, Id probably tweak Italy the other way. So they're less Rambo in Africa and need my help :).... just a quick thought.

Reactions:
Really looking forward to a patch focussed on Africa! The war in Africa was such a cool (as far as war can be 'cool') part of World War II. I watched a great documentary series the other day on the Rats of Tobruk (my fellow Australians) and so I hope that the war in Africa can be much improved! I know many of us think that wastelands need to be added back to Africa to prevent the AI being all over the place, I'm not sure what PDX thinks about that but am very curious to hear your thoughts or other proposed solutions!

Keep up the good work! :)

Reactions:
loving the new naval range.

Much better now :).
Now if you want to invade things you have to island hop or risk your navy without destroyers (That have a much more limited range).

Now i see a reason as japan to take and protect all those islands from the US/UK and invade the philipness before the US is ready to attack.

Reactions:
In future patches, do you intend to take a second look at why effective battle ORG doesn't scale with division size? That is, a single-INF division can take as many hits before retreating as a nine-INF division. This is very different from HoI3, where ORG damage was divided by the number of brigades.

Reactions:
podcat said:
- Added German Claims on Poznan and Danzig in 39 start
- Returned Fehmarn to Germany

All belongs to the Fatherland :D

The changelog sounds like a whole lot good work. Keep it coming. :)

Reactions:
Any chance we got or might eventually get a "cancel" button for fleet mergers? It is rather annoying to need to create a new fleet, then transfer all the ships from the fleet with the merge order into the new fleet, just to say "no, I didn't want you to merge with them, I wanted them to merge with you. Don't go over there."

- Reduced naval ranges across the board
Wasn't this reverted due to the issues it caused in the beta? Did it just not get removed from the list?

Reactions:
Other than that, there seems to be a new bug, where the game displays the flag of evil instead of the glorious Union Jack on the launcher (It might be related to the bug that aluminium and armour are often misspelled) :D

Hear, hear!

Before I open a bug report, I'd like to know:

Is it intentional that the US is now able to activate the Warbonds at 95% world tension? I'm not complaining, I'm just confused.

Wasn't this reverted due to the issues it caused in the beta? Did it just not get removed from the list?
Yeah, but there was still a marginal nerf to ranges. See here.

Hmmm, Torch was Allied invasion of Africa involving deals with Vichy France. I wonder what that implies about the next patch.
Operation Sonnenblume was similar in that it involved North Africa, and this patch was initially focused on it. I get the feeling though that the devs want to work on the Pacific War side of things so that might be where they go next.

Reactions:

There is still a reduction though it is slight, something like 6% or so reduction instead of the 75% reduction that mistakenly cropped up in the last beta version.

Reactions:
No you didn't? It's not in the game, and a brief look in the files didn't list any.

Has anyone else noticed that the leader of Iraq at the beginning of the game is clearly Sheikh Mohammed Bn Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai? If they haven't used his image exactly, it is an incredible coincidence. The Gulf monarchies are also insanely protective of their image, so I'd suggest changing the pic in case someone notices and sues...

Reactions:
Sorry if I missed it in the notes, but is the fix to the AI sending (far) too many units to Africa a general one, applying to similar scenarios elsewhere, or one specific to Africa? I ask because in 1.1 there could be big armadas of German/Italian units going to south east Asia etc.

Any ideas about backwards compatibility with previous (1.1) saves?

Reactions: