• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ck2 Dev Diary #21: A Glimmer of Hope

Greetings! If you are reading this you have survived the outbreak launch of The Reaper’s Due. Perhaps you now feel a stirring of hope; can society rebuild? But no, the DLC was too virulent and has spread too far, it is now endemic to CK2 and cannot be cured, there is no hope.

Certain death aside, we are very happy with the reception of Reaper’s Due and the reactions it’s getting. We have had a few problems, but our Code Physicians have been working hard on a cure and if all goes well we’ll be releasing a hotfix today. It’ll cover the education bug non-Conclave owners have, the lack of music when the Context sensitive option is used, and various other things:
Code:
##########################################################
########## 2.6.1.1 The Reaper's Due ###########
##########################################################

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixes songs from the base game being disabled in contextual songs
- If the contextual song doesn't find a song to play, a song will now be chosen by ignoring the contextual song system
- Fixed children not getting their education trait upon becoming adults when you don't have Conclave
- Can no longer call ally into war against their own liege
- You can now get the achievement 'Papal Mache' by killing a Caliph, as implied by the description
- Epidemic diseases no longer stall if you are infected while you have a non-serious symptom
- The "desires a matrilineal marriage" AI modifier no longer happens when matrilineal marriages are disabled
- Horse doctors got a little better
- Incapable people no longer steal your food in seclusion
- characters will not accuse their liege during witch hunts since they have to approve them
- Vassals will no longer refuse their liege's marriage or betrothal offers to get a "better alliance"
- No longer will you get upset about your spouse/parent's grave getting robbed if you were the robber
- Removed the possibility to search for partial titles for performance reasons
- Eunuchs may only select the Groom an Heir ambition if they have a living child
- Fixed several cases of when a Christian Holy Order built a new castle, you would be notified that Beit Dejan was built, instead of the actual castle
- Court physicians now always ask their own liege for money.
- Generic reincarnation event requires your heir to be your child
- Added some more ai factors for when head of religion wants to blame Jews for the plague
- Fixed some broken text in reincarnation event
- The priest generated by event 3021 now has an education
- Murderers are now immune to prune (prevents the red skull from leading nowhere)
- Characters who are marked as special interest by the player, or immune to pruning are no longer killed by the court cleanser
- Fixed in issue with prisoners being able to complain to their liege that the chancellor was looking inappropriately at his wife
- Added the sayyid trait to al-Hadi (id 188648), son of Al-Mansur
- Crash fix that occurred in some mods using custom maps.
- Fixed an issue were you would be notified of eating your own close dynasty members
- Fixed 867 Sápmi setup
- Event WoL.6120 will now only trigger for adult characters
- Further reduced odds of under 16s getting cancer
- Rulers are now willing to negotiate non-aggression pacts with their vassals
- Fixed so infidel penalty is applied properly  for betrothal/marriage
- Modded game rules should now be loaded properly.
- Fixed so call ally alert no longer shows if it's a war against your ally's liege
- Fixed a crash when using custom maps

After this, we’ll be working on the 2.6.2 patch which will, as well as general fixing, add some more events and content we thought up too late to do for the release or that have been suggested on this and other forums post-release -and on that note, please continue to suggest new Game Rules. But 2.6.2 details are for future DDs, that’s all for now!

Last edited:
Reactions:
It is one thing to good dlc when everything is stable and another to do good dlc when community divided into pieces and people stops playing. It was very hard task but good ideas such as able to change rules, optimazation... and good "fun" dlc gathered all people into common ground topic: CK2 is still fun to play.

The dlc might be about death and despeir but this team revived the series.

Reactions:
That just gave me an idea for a new game rule: For people with stronger PC's, it would be cool to limit the effect of this cleanser. Right now I think it's locked into one mode, regardless of our specs.

There is a define to set at which court size the cleanser is activated (currently at 10, I think), so you can mod that define line instead.

A couple of clarifications regarding character pruning:
- The "useless character pruning" system is not new. It's always been there.
- We have only reduced the court size it triggers at
- Since that first change, we've also added a bunch of test to avoid pruning characters that were actually not useles:
- Will not prune characters who have titles (either landed or minor)
- Will not prune immortal characters
- Will not prune characters who are married, have lovers, friends or rivals
- Will not prune special interest characters
- Will not prune murderers
- Will not prune prisoners
- Will not prune people who have parents
- Will not prune people with claims
- We also have added several defines to control that even more for people who want to do it, or for modders:
Code:
    COURT_PRUNE_SIZE = 10,                 -- Courts larger than this will be checked for pruning each month
    PRUNE_MINIMAL_AGE = 40,                -- Minimum age for a courtier to be prunable if considered irrelevant
    HEALTH_IMMUNITY_TO_PRUNING = 7,        -- If a character has that much health, they won't be pruned

Reactions:
A small change that has made my life a lot tedier. When a councillor dies, the alert on top of the screen (empty chair) used to lead to the councillor screen. This was good because you could name a new councillor and set up his mission from this screen.

Now, it brings you to "My council" tab where you can name a new councillor but not set up his mission. So you have to go to "Councillors" screen anyway afterwards.

Would it be possible to link once again this alert to "Councillors" tab?

Reactions:
This hotfix seems highly experimental. If this hotfix doesn't work, and my game suffers because of this, I want to see Darkrenown trampled by elephants.

Reactions:
A small change that has made my life a lot tedier. When a councillor dies, the alert on top of the screen (empty chair) used to lead to the councillor screen. This was good because you could name a new councillor and set up his mission from this screen.

Now, it brings you to "My council" tab where you can name a new councillor but not set up his mission. So you have to go to "Councillors" screen anyway afterwards.

Would it be possible to link once again this alert to "Councillors" tab?
Can't you also name a councillor in this tab ? I guess they changed it because now you also have advisors in your council

Can't you also name a councillor in this tab ? I guess they changed it because now you also have advisors in your council

I'm not sure we understand ^^
  • Councillors/Positions (first tab) : can name and set up mission
  • My council (third tab) : can only name
I'd like the alert to link to the first tab since I have to go there anyway for every new councillor.

Force me to actually send forces to help ally!

Maybe having the penalty of refusing a call to arms if you haven't been part of at least one battle or siege?

Or heed the call to arms bonus as normal and if you dont fight or siege get a penalty to relations after a certain amount of time, since it can take quite a while to get organised and get to help out.

I'm not sure we understand ^^
  • Councillors/Positions (first tab) : can name and set up mission
  • My council (third tab) : can only name
I'd like the alert to link to the first tab since I have to go there anyway for every new councillor.
It's directed at the third tab because the first tab does not allow appointing generic advisors.

Reactions: