• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ck2 Dev Diary #21: A Glimmer of Hope

Greetings! If you are reading this you have survived the outbreak launch of The Reaper’s Due. Perhaps you now feel a stirring of hope; can society rebuild? But no, the DLC was too virulent and has spread too far, it is now endemic to CK2 and cannot be cured, there is no hope.

Certain death aside, we are very happy with the reception of Reaper’s Due and the reactions it’s getting. We have had a few problems, but our Code Physicians have been working hard on a cure and if all goes well we’ll be releasing a hotfix today. It’ll cover the education bug non-Conclave owners have, the lack of music when the Context sensitive option is used, and various other things:
Code:
##########################################################
########## 2.6.1.1 The Reaper's Due ###########
##########################################################

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixes songs from the base game being disabled in contextual songs
- If the contextual song doesn't find a song to play, a song will now be chosen by ignoring the contextual song system
- Fixed children not getting their education trait upon becoming adults when you don't have Conclave
- Can no longer call ally into war against their own liege
- You can now get the achievement 'Papal Mache' by killing a Caliph, as implied by the description
- Epidemic diseases no longer stall if you are infected while you have a non-serious symptom
- The "desires a matrilineal marriage" AI modifier no longer happens when matrilineal marriages are disabled
- Horse doctors got a little better
- Incapable people no longer steal your food in seclusion
- characters will not accuse their liege during witch hunts since they have to approve them
- Vassals will no longer refuse their liege's marriage or betrothal offers to get a "better alliance"
- No longer will you get upset about your spouse/parent's grave getting robbed if you were the robber
- Removed the possibility to search for partial titles for performance reasons
- Eunuchs may only select the Groom an Heir ambition if they have a living child
- Fixed several cases of when a Christian Holy Order built a new castle, you would be notified that Beit Dejan was built, instead of the actual castle
- Court physicians now always ask their own liege for money.
- Generic reincarnation event requires your heir to be your child
- Added some more ai factors for when head of religion wants to blame Jews for the plague
- Fixed some broken text in reincarnation event
- The priest generated by event 3021 now has an education
- Murderers are now immune to prune (prevents the red skull from leading nowhere)
- Characters who are marked as special interest by the player, or immune to pruning are no longer killed by the court cleanser
- Fixed in issue with prisoners being able to complain to their liege that the chancellor was looking inappropriately at his wife
- Added the sayyid trait to al-Hadi (id 188648), son of Al-Mansur
- Crash fix that occurred in some mods using custom maps.
- Fixed an issue were you would be notified of eating your own close dynasty members
- Fixed 867 Sápmi setup
- Event WoL.6120 will now only trigger for adult characters
- Further reduced odds of under 16s getting cancer
- Rulers are now willing to negotiate non-aggression pacts with their vassals
- Fixed so infidel penalty is applied properly  for betrothal/marriage
- Modded game rules should now be loaded properly.
- Fixed so call ally alert no longer shows if it's a war against your ally's liege
- Fixed a crash when using custom maps

After this, we’ll be working on the 2.6.2 patch which will, as well as general fixing, add some more events and content we thought up too late to do for the release or that have been suggested on this and other forums post-release -and on that note, please continue to suggest new Game Rules. But 2.6.2 details are for future DDs, that’s all for now!

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'd like to see this game rule more than anything...End date 1453 - Enabled / Disabled I think this is something a lot would like. Even with there being nothing else such as tech or new things being achieved it would be great just being able to continue your game another couple hundred years after the start of the 1337 bookmark.

Reactions:
Loving Reaper's Due, well done, with 98% I think it's the highest rated Paradox title on steam?
Please don't judge, will we get any more death sounds added to the game? I've noticed not all the executions have unique sounds. Buried alive, walled up alive and sawn in half are a few I noticed that used a generic scream, a bit disappointing when my ruler's traitorous and lunatic son was sawn in half.
Will more be added? How about sounds for torture, mutilation and humiliation? if I take someone's eyes or hand I think screaming is appropriate :D
great work by the Audio Director and his "voice actors", well done.

What happened to some of the unique pictures? I remember a Dev Diary showing someone being crushed by an elephant but I never see that picture when a prisoner is executed in that way.

Reactions:
* to be sure i'd need a link to your bug report
I'm sure it was migrated from the old forums, but I'm not going looking for it. The fact that there is an issue with CTA that previously wasn't there(2.4), shows there was some change in that area.

I typically don't play with large religions these days, so I never see the issue myself. All the religion is usually under my realm, so no problem with allies.

sometimes when I'm playing during the crusades a 23000 strong tutonic army will start to move then stop start to move then stop and I don't know why that s happening

sometimes when I'm playing during the crusades a 23000 strong tutonic army will start to move then stop start to move then stop and I don't know why that s happening

The "indecisive techno-dance" spotted in 2.5.2 is still in the game, sadly.
Just yesterday i saw a finnish event army being stuck north-west of Venice trying to go from Treviso to Aquilea.
It only stopped when the ruler died and the event army probably dissolved.

Reactions:
The "indecisive techno-dance" spotted in 2.5.2 is still in the game, sadly.
Just yesterday i saw a finnish event army being stuck north-west of Venice trying to go from Treviso to Aquilea.
It only stopped when the ruler died and the event army probably dissolved.
so I'm not the only. um do you know of any fixes I reported it in the bug reports but no ones got back to me.

so I'm not the only. um do you know of any fixes I reported it in the bug reports but no ones got back to me.

I haven't seen the "techno-dance" but I have seen troops walk longer back-and-forth paths with no clear reason. I had Breton counts join one of my wars and then walk from Brittany to the Iberian border and back about a dozen times before I ended the war. They did fight one battle with me, but it looked almost accidental.

Reactions:
I haven't seen the "techno-dance" but I have seen troops walk longer back-and-forth paths with no clear reason. I had Breton counts join one of my wars and then walk from Brittany to the Iberian border and back about a dozen times before I ended the war. They did fight one battle with me, but it looked almost accidental.
yeah its like they take the least efficient route possible ive noticed this sometimes as well. also do you know how built up there shipyards were

I must say that Conclave and Reaper's Due simply reinvented the game, two unexpectedly awesome dlcs! Nice patch, I hope next patches bring some changes on hospitals' prices since their upgrades don't worth it.

Reactions: