• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
B8D4AD6A06750D2CF02D598CB3A175C7090DA28D

Italian son of a Venetian merchant house sitting on an Anglo-Saxon ducal throne on the English Channel under a Hebridian Irish emperor.

I got lucky. While I was busy conquering Galicia from the Muslims, a Danish duke launched a prepared invasion of one of my regional enemies, the Petty Kingdom of Lut. Wessex went to help and King Æthelmær got himself captured. So I landed this fellow Malacresta in a barony in Santiago and pressed his claim. He'll be succeeded by a grandson currently living in Venice.

Oh, and the Duke of Jylland won and all the Germanic realms are otherwise engaged, which means I can now holy-war to capture the duchy of Lothian. I have fourteen thousand troops at my disposal; this ought to be a cakewalk.

More Multiculturalism in CK2:

qYBTFYa.jpg

A Germanic, Baltic looking Breton that's descended from a Nordic dynasty ruling Bavaria with a Slavic wife.

Last edited:
Reactions:
11D2A1771466B0D13386394B1163F6C12DB94786

Almost United Scandinavia
1EA39B4DB081335243534BC377CB80E9772C5C41

And replaced with Bordergore.

Reactions:
Thats why gavelkind is rubbish
Gavelkind's fine if you have multiple tiers of titles. You can apply it to an empire while holding primo kingdoms and get all the benefits with none of the downsides. It's elective gavelkind that sucks.

Meanwhile, this prince-archbishop will be the second of six holders of that title not to become a cardinal:
20857163531AC14E8BA190BE8DF68B912C5A5AC2

Vow of celibacy, my ass.

Reactions:
Being Catholic was a bad idea, mate. That's why you have to convert to Catholic...

ck2_520.png

On the other hand, Ummayad goes Elective.

ck2_519.png

And the full status of women implemented rather early there...

ck2_517.png

Looks like uniting Karling land was a bad idea after all...

Reactions:
Gavelkind's fine if you have multiple tiers of titles. You can apply it to an empire while holding primo kingdoms and get all the benefits with none of the downsides. It's elective gavelkind that sucks.
No.
If I had to choose one thing to be deleted from the game, gavelkind in all its forms would be way higher on my list than stuff like threat or decadence.

Reactions:
No.
If I had to choose one thing to be deleted from the game, gavelkind in all its forms would be way higher on my list than stuff like threat or decadence.
But it's historical. Why do you think the Karling realm collapsed?
But sure. I hate having Gavelkind to.

Reactions:
So continuing in my Ck2 + Game as Byzantine Empire.. I look over at the Pope and well I was shocked to see the name. Apparently The highest Religious offical in the land is a priest Hater and he has annoyed Religious Authorities. He the pope by the way... A bad day for his followers indeed

View attachment 167821
That reminds me of something that happened in my game [mod is CK2+].
BD349E54EBA8D8C5721E08101B7B32ECCE39CCFB

Looks like neither Roma nor Constantinopolis can get their shit together. Miaphysitism is looking pretty good now.

That reminds me of something that happened in my game [mod is CK2+].
BD349E54EBA8D8C5721E08101B7B32ECCE39CCFB

Looks like neither Roma nor Constantinopolis can get their shit together. Miaphysitism is looking pretty good now.
Look at it this way: the Patriarch has become disillusioned with traditional doctrines and wants to reform the church, and those invested in the current system dislike it. C.f. Pope Francis.

Side note, what the hell happened to Arabia?

So, I didn't notice this before, but there are somehow two completely independent city-states on the Thames. This predated me conquering Middlesex (that's why the levies are low), and I didn't notice until my armies completely skipped London and St. Paul's after occupying Westminster and moved on to Tottenham instead.
57CD2B8624ADEA38DDD329FE4178CC8AD035AE23

Reactions:
No.
No, seriously, I just tested this. Right now as the Emperor of Alba (e_britannia) I hold the Kingdoms of Éire (k_ireland) and Albain (k_scotland, which I renamed from Alba to the Modern Irish version so I could tell the empire and kingdom apart in messages), as well as the Duchies of Dál Riata (d_isles, de jure drifted into Éire a couple kings ago) and Muireb (d_moray). The empire is agnatic-cognatic gavelkind, the kingdoms are agnatic-cognatic primogeniture. You can see from the image that there's no warnings about title loss on succession or prestige penalties for unlanded sons (and no, I didn't disable them), but at the same time I get the +30% demesne limit buff.

Note that I haven't tested yet what happens if you hold a duchy outside your kingdoms, but I'll know when my heir inherits because he's the Duke of Essex.

Look at it this way: the Patriarch has become disillusioned with traditional doctrines and wants to reform the church, and those invested in the current system dislike it. C.f. Pope Francis.

Side note, what the hell happened to Arabia?

So, I didn't notice this before, but there are somehow two completely independent city-states on the Thames. This predated me conquering Middlesex (that's why the levies are low), and I didn't notice until my armies completely skipped London and St. Paul's after occupying Westminster and moved on to Tottenham instead.
57CD2B8624ADEA38DDD329FE4178CC8AD035AE23
Looks like the actual City of London to me!

But it's historical. Why do you think the Karling realm collapsed?
But sure. I hate having Gavelkind to.
I know it's historical, but I still despise it more than anything else in this game.
"Oh, your king is over 50 years old and is just 50 gold short of creating an empire out of his four kingdoms?
Sucks to be you. *illness, inapability + pneumonia*"
I'm not even exaggerating, it actually happened to me once... without pneumonia, but you get my point.

Reactions:
I know it's historical, but I still despise it more than anything else in this game.
"Oh, your king is over 50 years old and is just 50 gold short of creating an empire out of his four kingdoms?
Sucks to be you. *illness, inapability + pneumonia*"
I'm not even exaggerating, it actually happened to me once... without pneumonia, but you get my point.
Changing the form of inheritance should be actually the first thing to think of, saving both money and research points for. But gavelkind is not THAT bad. At least you get claims for all the titles, so it only takes few years (and tones of threat) to reunite the realm.

Reactions:
Changing the form of inheritance should be actually the first thing to think of, saving both money and research points for. But gavelkind is not THAT bad. At least you get claims for all the titles, so it only takes few years (and tones of threat) to reunite the realm.
That happened before Conclave, so I'd have to wait at least a few generations more to get primogeniture anyway.
And while reuniting the realm is relatively easy, it is still a costly and tough war in most cases, leaving you easy to attack by stronger neighbours. Last time it happened to me, I was attacked by Khazars roughly a year after finishing a war with my brother.

aDDXr.jpg

That's the 1066 start. Byz went Bogomilist and much later, so did the HRE. Oh boy, the EUIV converter is a handy thing.

Reactions:
So continuing in my Ck2 + Game as Byzantine Empire.. I look over at the Pope and well I was shocked to see the name. Apparently The highest Religious offical in the land is a priest Hater and he has annoyed Religious Authorities. He the pope by the way... A bad day for his followers indeed

View attachment 167821

I'm still looking for the jackpot: Wicked Priest, peasant revolt leader, priest-hater pope.

Reactions: