• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Private-Qwerty7))

Addressed to the Duke de Escalona

"So many people, they write to me, they say

'Don Aldo Trumpo, you are a true businessman, you need to teach me how to use money, how to get your success.'

They also say I have strong hands, and that I'm handsome. I don't know why, I guess I just radiate confidence; they are not wrong. Listen, you think you make good deals, I'd say you have the makings of a man who makes great deals. Why? Because you were smart enough to write me.

So I accept; we will make great friends. Come to Torre Trumpo, see how well I do. And I'll do well with your money too. I've got the future of construction in my mind, and the ambition to enact it. There's a reason the King trusts me with HIS finances, Spain's finances."

WKOwcfZ.jpg

Infante Juan de Borbón y Braganza, the Count of Montizón

Date of Birth: 15 May, 1822

Juan was born at the Palacio Real de Aranjuez in the province of Madrid, the second son of the Infante Carlos of Spain, brother of King Ferdinand VII, and his first wife, Infanta Maria Francisca of Portugal. He was raised in an atmosphere imbued with traditional values of loyalty to the monarchy and the Church. Most of Juan's days were spent in study. The thirty-two hours per week of classes at age 7 steadily grew until it reached fifty-five hours per week by the time he was 17. The disciplines were diverse: ranging from history, geography, law and technology, to languages, military studies, fencing and diplomacy. In addition to his native Spanish, he eventually learned to speak Hungarian, Slovak, English, French, Italian and German.

The highly conservative and restrictive court environment that he grew up in was not enough to repress Juan's natural openness. He was joyful, highly charismatic and able to captivate those around him with ease. Although he was a charming boy, he was also undisciplined. He mocked his teachers and was often the instigator of pranks—even including his uncle, King Ferdinand VII, among his victims. For this reason Juan was very popular among the more liberal members of court while the conservative and reactionary members, who would go on to support his father, looked down on his behavior. His liberal tendencies would open a rift with the more conservative and self-contained Infante Carlos that would widen as the years went on.

In March 1833 Juan moved with his family to Portugal. The following September Juan's uncle Ferdinand VII died, and Juan's father Carlos claimed the throne of Spain as King Carlos V. Carlos opposed the succession of his infant niece Queen Isabella II whose mother the Queen Regent Maria Christina managed to take control on behalf of her daughter. In June 1834 Juan moved with his family to England, where they lived at Gloucester Lodge, Old Brompton Road, and later at Alverstoke Old Rectory, Hampshire. He remained in England throughout the Carlist War, playing no part in it on account of his youth.

When the war ended in 1839 and his father was crowned as King of Spain, Jaun was made a lieutenant in the navy at the age of seventeen. He threw himself into this career with so much zeal that he quickly rose to high command. He currently serves as Capitán de Navío. He may have been influenced by progressive ideas, but he takes very little interest in politics beyond his support of the armada.

Background: Uncommonly Young - At nineteen Juan would be lucky to be a lieutenant if not for a powerful combination of his position in the ruling family and his outstanding work ethic.
Personality: Audacious - Ever since he was a child Juan has been willing to take risks in defiance of convention, a trait that is only amplified when he feels he knows what he is doing.

The Emerald of Elche: Part VI

Esmeralda lounged back on her bed, a far more suitable substitute to the ratty lice-infested thing she had slept in during her teenage years. As she neared 23, she reflected on how much had changed in her life. The room she was resting in, her room, was no longer some cramped chamber shared with a bunch of less pleasant prostitutes. Now she had her own quarters, a private room at a much more reputable inn that catered mostly to merchants and bureaucrats, men who had decent money but lacked the status of the nobility. It was a step up from the dingy tavern she shared with others. She couldn’t have remained there with her new clientele. The idea of bringing a noble, no matter how minor, to the filth that had been her previous home brought a smirk to Esmeralda’s face. This inn at least lacked the beer stains and smell of vomit. Appearances meant something here, and that was suitable enough to her more discreet clientele that couldn’t risk bringing her to their own homes.

Of course her living quarters were not the only thing that had changed. Puberty had been kind to Esmeralda as she left her teenage years behind. She had gained a few inches, bringing her close to five and a half feet tall. Her figure had filled out, even more than before. Her breasts were plump but not overbearing, and her hips were curvaceous enough to draw a man’s eye. She did not seem as petite as she had before. She was undoubtedly a woman, bringing a new sense of allure that differed from her previous girlish charms. Perhaps that was what kept her clients coming back.

Business was better than ever, if one could call what Esmeralda did a business. Her liaison with Alejandro had proved a great boon, for the nobleman had proven good on his word. Not only had he visited her frequently over the past few years, paying her quite handsomely for her services, but he had spread word of her talents to his circle of friends. Nobles from all across the kingdom came to see the Emerald of Elche, and a few times Esmeralda had even been summoned to far away cities to meet these men at their own estates. These new railways opened up the country to her, extending her reach beyond the confines of Elche. And reach she did, for a night with a noble was worth a month of drunken peasants. She would never let go of this opportunity.

These nobles were a different breed of men to what she was used to. The drunks she had catered to before were just average men, those looking for a quick romp to satisfy their needs. They were merely satisfying some base urge. It did not take long for Esmeralda that these nobles were different. While they of course were driven by carnal desires, they were more particular in their choices. They did not so much want a brief moment of pleasure, but more sought an experience. Here were men bound by societal rules that determined their behaviour. One mistake amongst their associates could ruin their reputation forever. Many of these noblemen were so heavily repressed, and they needed a release, a moment free of that burden. That was where Esmeralda came in. She gave them that freedom, a moment to escape the pressures of their station to enjoy what it was to be human. A night with a noble had to be a performance, an experience he would remember. The drunks just needed a warm body to do what they wanted with. She supposed when it came down to it though, nobles weren’t so different from the common man; the latter were just more honest with themselves.

There was at least one man though who was different. Esmeralda still saw Vicente from time to time. All he ever wanted to do was talk, an unusual request to make of a prostitute. She supposed the fact that she looked so much like his late wife made him feel comfortable around her, enough to open up and confide in her. It was an unusual role, but one she did not mind. It was almost soothing to know there was at least one man out there who didn’t want her for her body. He no longer took her out to balls or soirees, for eventually word did get out of his wife’s passing and the man’s father had been pressing for a second marriage. It would have been downright scandalous to show up at a party with his wife’s lookalike when everyone thought her dead.

A knock on her door drew Esmeralda back to the present. She sighed, not in the mood to entertain clients. She didn’t have any scheduled, so it was most likely some merchant or bureaucrat who frequented the inn and decided to risk approaching her.

“Open up, my dear.”

Esmeralda growled, an uncomely sound for a young woman, and rose from the bed. The voice was unmistakably Juan’s, her procurer, or rather ex-procurer. The two had had a falling out last year back after she had first decided to move out of the dingy tavern and do business elsewhere. When it became clear to Esmeralda that she could manage her own business, especially with Alejandro practically pimping her out to his fellow nobles, she had unceremoniously pushed Juan aside. The man had helped her through her early years, but she was a grown woman now and didn’t need him anymore. He had already skimmed enough of her profits away over the years to have bought out this entire inn if he pleased.

“Go away, Juan,” Esmeralda said, standing a few feet away from the door.

“Come on, my dear. Don’t turn me away. You need me.”

Esmeralda glanced around at her much more opulent quarters and said, “I seem to be doing quite well without you, ‘my dear’.”

“My dear, you wound me so. I know we had our falling out, but a girl needs someone to look out for her. You won’t make it on your own.”

Esmeralda’s expression turned down into a scowl. Her entire life men had used for their own needs. Juan had used her to further his own greed. Alejandro, the man responsible for much of her new-found wealth, only helped her for sexual favours. Even Vicente only sought her out to fulfill some emotional need. No man had ever cared what she wanted. She was tired of being used. In this man’s world, a woman had to fight to decide her own fate. Many would think a prostitute a sinful profession, but in truth she was freer than most women. To sleep with other men for money was her own choice. If she could continue to do so on her own terms, without other men taking control of her life, she would do so. She didn’t need a procurer, for she could handle her own affairs from now on.

“Everything I have done, every cent I have earned, was my own doing. You have reaped the rewards of my work for too long. I’m done with that arrangement. Leave me in peace so I can conduct my business on my own terms.”

Silence ensued for a good minute. Esmeralda wondered if perhaps Juan had left, but then she heard him clear his throat. “You’re a fool, my dear. A woman such as you will never make it in this world. You will fail, and on that day you will crawl back to me and beg for forgiveness.”

The stomping of feet told Esmeralda of Juan’s departure. She immediately slumped down on her bed, emotionally exhausted. She wanted him to be wrong, but fear nipped at the edge of her senses. What if he was right, that she wasn’t ready to take control of her fate and pave her own path. She was treading dangerous ground, offering herself up to these nobles whose whims could be so fickle. Perhaps for now she was this rarity, a shimmering object to draw their attention. Soon though they may grow bored of this new curiosity and she’d be right back where she started, alone and destitute. She had to continue on, though. She had to prove Juan wrong. She would be strong enough, for she could not afford to fail. She would not rest until every man, both noble and commoner, knew of the Emerald of Elche.

((Esmeralda is officially open for business. If anyone wants to make use of her services, after hearing of her through the nobles' grapevine, just send a letter to her requesting her presence either in Elche or at a location of your choice (you better be paying for her train ride), being as open or discreet as you like. If you'd prefer not to get caught sending letters to prostitutes (you never know when the Church or a jealous wife is going through your mail), address it to my lovely quasi-pimp Alejandro instead. The Emerald of Elche is here to fulfill your every desire. ;)))

((Private - Revan))
SGch1vt.png
To his Majesty, Rey Carlos V de España etc.

It pleases me to see that normality of God has returned once more to Spain and her colonies under your leadership and ethos. Ethos and leadership doesn't solve problems on their own however, as the minorities of Spain feel that we are being overlooked by the royal representatives coming from Madrid. Those people are buerocrats who do not know about the local culture and it's tradition even if they are skilled and experienced in their field. Therefore I propose that you set forth a Royal Commity that have representatives from all cultures in Spain to discuss the issue of autonomy for the different cultures. With this I mean strong local governing bodies that answer to Madrid of course. With this, we'll have competent men who know the traditions of their region and we'll have a more harmonic Spain.

Regards
General de Ejército, Tomás de Zumalacárregui e Imatz, Duque de Victoria y Conde de Bilbao

Last edited:
Having formerly established the illegality of the printing and distribution of literature not approved by His Majesty’s Secretariat of the Interior, and in hope of spurring fresh leads, the First Secretary’s office deems it pertinent to adjust and clarify the position of individuals who, by their lack of action, aid and abet such crimes.

Of the revealing, and not revealing, of Crimes which pertain to the creation and distribution of censured literature.

1. The persons who shall have the knowledge of crimes projected, for the creation or distribution of censured literature, and shall not have made known those crimes, and shall not have revealed to the government, or to the administrative authorities, or authorities of judicial police, the circumstances of which they may have acquired the knowledge, the whole within twenty-four hours next after they shall have learnt the same, although they may not be accomplices, shall be punished for the very fact of not having revealed them, in the manner and according to the distinctions following.

2. With respect to the crimes mentioned, every person who shall have acquired the knowledge of them, and shall not have made the declarations prescribed by article 1, shall receive punishment equal to that of the authors or accomplices of such crimes.

3. The person who shall have had knowledge of the above-named crimes, and shall not have revealed the same, shall not be excused on pretence that he has not approved of them, or even that he has opposed himself to them, and has endeavoured to dissuade the authors thereof from carrying them into effect.

4. The offenders who, before any execution of crimes pertaining to the creation or distribution of censured literature, and before any prosecution has commenced, shall have been the first to give information of those crimes or plots, and of the authors or accomplices thereof, to the authorities mentioned in article 1; or who, even after the commencement of the prosecution, shall have procured the apprehension of such authors or accomplices, shall be exempted from the penalties pronounced against the authors of such crimes.
Offenders who shall have given such information, or procured such apprehension, may, nevertheless, be placed, for the remainder of their lives, or for time, under the special superintendence of the Real Hermandad.

Reactions:
To Duke Esteban de Alba,

I trust that you and my sister, Helené, are well, she hasn't sent word in a long time, so I hope she resumes her letters soon. How are you good sir also, you must be busy with the work trying to affirm credit to our most glorious ruler abroad. I am happy to report that Queen Victoria, although she was unable to receive me when I arrived in London, was able to send a delegate over, and the man seemed most convinced that our cause was just, and our King is most benevolent and just in his position as our divine soverign. But as I am sure you are aware, the British have a parliament structure, not unlike the diets my father, and for a short time myself, sat in back in Germany, and we can hope that he is successful in further spreading our message to the government of the British realm. I hope that further visits could allow me a audience with the Queen herself.

May you be blessed, and pass my love to dear Helené,
From HSH Alejandro de Soneta di Belmonte

Swayed by the plight of the people living without the light of our Lord and Saviour, the Kingdom of Spain wishes to extend its protection to the people of the Niger Delta who currently suffer under the heathen yolk. In the same manner in which civilization was brought to the barbarous Aztec three centuries passed, it is hoped that these people too may be saved.

((Fabricate a "make protectorate" CB on Warri))

*​

((Private - Government, Revan))
It is resolved that the native populace of the Philippines, whilst likely to make inferior soldiers to good Spaniards, may, nevertheless, render their services within His Majesty’s Army. However, in the interests of providing colonial stability it may prove prudent to station native regiments away from their home provinces.

((Recruitment:
1 [whatever brigade the Ejercito del Sur is lacking] from Melilla
1 Regular from Manila
5 native regiments of Filipino Infantry (not Irregulars).))

*​

((Private - Government, Revan, Mentioned Officers))

Plans for the Expedition to the Niger Delta

1 Regular and 1 Cuirassier brigade shall be detached from Ejercito del Centro and placed under the command of General de Ejército Tomás de Zumalacárregui ((@Mikkel Glahder )), with Coronel Carlos Maria de Alvear y Ponce de Leon ((@zenphoenix )) as his deputy, forming the Niger Expeditionary Force. It shall be moved to Bata.

1 Regular and 2 Native Infantry Brigades shall leave the Philippines and join up with the expeditionary force in Bata. They shall be placed under the command of Coronel Roberto Rafael Cortez Allende ((@Terraferma )).

The expeditionary force shall be tasked with establishing a fortified beachhead within the Niger Delta from which they may establish control of the wider region. Details of the operation shall be decided by General el Duque de la Victoria from Bata in consultation with Naval Officers.

General de división Isandro Durante shall take command of the Ejercito del Sur, whilst Teniente General Alejo María Sastre shall take up duties as CO of Ejercito del Centro.

((Private))

Vienna - Austrian Empire

Prince Klemens Wenzel von Metternich was not a man you wanted to keep waiting. As he sat at his desk in the Austrian Chancellory of the Imperial Diet waiting for a report from his ministers about the state of the Empire. Reports of minoirity unrest in Bohemia and Hungary worried the Chancellor. He was getting impatient.

Eventually, his ministers arrived and reported the situation. The rumors of unrest in Hungary were true. Metternich decided to crack down on the liberal agitators and impose conservative rule on the masses, like he has always done since the Napoleonic Wars. He managed Imperial affairs as well, for the Kaiser's mental capacity was small. Eventually he reached his ambassadors. He went through relations with the various European nations.

"The Spanish Ambassador is now recognized" stated Metternich

"Thank you sir. Reports indicate that the heir to the throne of Spain is seeking a spouse. Reports from Russia say that Carlos V wishes a Romanov to marry the boy."

"And what about the French or British?" asked Metternich.

"Runour has it the French may offer the hand of Louis-Philippe's youngest daughter..."

"NO!" Shouted Metternich, slamming his fist down. "This cannot be allowed! An alliance between France and Spain would cause the Concert to crumble!"

"What do you suggest sir?" Asked a minister.

Metternich stewed for a minute. "Offer the hand of the Duke of Modena's daughter to Infante Juan." Said Metternich.

"Infante Juan? He is not the heir!" Shouted a minister.

"If we can send an Austrian royal to the Spanish court for a marriage, that would keep our new friends in Spain aligned with our interests. If Carlos V wishes to marry a Hapsburg to his eldest son, so be it, but if he marries an Orlean or Romanov off, this marriage will keep Austrian interests secured. Send a message to Madrid!"

ou7P81U.png

Your Royal Majesty, Carlos V, King of Spain, etc.

It has come to the attention of the Austrian crown that your sons are in need of wives to carry on the male Bourbon legacy. It is with the blessing of Kaiser Ferdinand that the Austrian Empire offer the hand of Archduchess Maria Beatrix of House Hapsburg-Este to your second son, the Infante Juan. Maria Beatrix is the daughter of the Duke of Modena Francis IV, a noble vassal and loyal supporter of the Kaiser and his policies. We do not wish competition for the hands of his royal majesty's sons with the Russians. However, if you are to accept it, Maria Beatrix would make a good Catholic wife to the Infante Carlos to. We await your responce in this matter, and hope that the good King further boosts relations with the Austrian Empire and Spain.

-Prince Klemens Wenzel von Metternich, Chancellor of the Austrian Empire

THE STATE OF THE NATION IV;

addressed to the

PEOPLE OF BARCELONA

and

THE SURROUNDING PROVINCES

Regarding the following important

NOTICES

I. That this PRINT is ILLEGAL

II. That reading this PRINT is ILLEGAL

III. That the opinions espoused by all such PRINTS are ILLEGAL

IV. Of the RIGHT to FREE PRESS and INDEPENDENT THOUGHT

--------------------------

“KING CARLOS has decreed all PRINTS not found excessively flattering of his monstrous ego or sympathetic to his TYRANNICAL RULE to be ILLEGAL. He has declared us CRIMINALS for speaking our minds, for indulging in our inalienable RIGHT to FREE PRESS and engaging in INDEPENDENT THOUGHT. This KINGDOM is rotten to the core, crushed beneath the OPPRESSIVE boot of a MONARCH who would bid us not to think what he does not wish us to think, not to act as he does not wish us to act and not to PUBLISH what he does not wish to be published. The CARLISTS seek to ARREST all those who STRIVE for BASIC FREEDOMS through PRINT, and seek to EXPRESS their OPINIONS FREELY. All those who PUBLISH, OWN, or even READ these PRINTS shall be subject to UNJUST CRIMINAL CHARGES. Do not bend to the WHIM of a MONARCH who neither knows you nor cares to, who views you as as nothing but SHEEP in his ROYAL FLOCK, meant to repeat his words in lieu of your own! SUPPORT your RIGHT to FREE PRESS and OPPOSE the UNJUST LAWS that would JAIL its DEFENDERS."

Printed in Barcelona

Sold and Distributed by the Sociedad Republicana

MDCCCXLI

Last edited:
A man in Barcelona quietly points out that the King is opposed to prints actively calling for the overthrow of the monarchy and revolution.

A VE, El Duque de la Victoria y Conde de Bilbao

I find myself most amenable to such a committee, and shall discuss the formation of such with the Duque de Valencia in due time. I would also like to belatedly congratulate you and your family on the birth of your son.

I remain,
Carlos V, Rey de España

-

A VE, el Duque de Valencia, etc.

I find this idea of a whistle-stop tour, as you called it, most agreeable – I would in particular like to visit the areas most devastated by the recent restoration, as well as those areas only of late reclaimed from the usurper’s lingering allies; it would, in my estimation, be a worthwhile endeavour, if only to see the progress of rebuilding. Whilst conducting such a tour, I would ask that you send a few men from the Secretariat of Public Works to accompany me to better allow for swift decision in regards to rebuilding, etc.

I would also like to take this opportunity to bring up the matter of forming a committee to discuss the foral rights of certain regions, namely Navarre, Aragon, and Catalonia; I believe a reaffirmation of Navarre’s traditional liberties would be more prudent, but I would prefer a non-binding committee to better deliberate the granting of rights to the other two regions, and what those rights and privileges may be.

Lastly, the bachelorhood of my sons seems to have taken the rest of Europe of by storm, if the letters from various heads of state and government are indicative of anything; I would like to assemble the heads of the secretariats together at some point to discuss potential marriage arrangements shortly before undertaking the tour you suggested.

I remain,

Carlos V, Rey de España

-

A VE, el Duque de la Infantado, etc.

Your family is one of great honour and distinction, amongst the oldest and most respected in all of the fatherland, and one that I would be loath to see extinguished in my lifetime; therefore, I shall legitimise your sons and daughters if that truly be your wish; that you yourself served this nation valiantly in the past, and your forebears the same, I feel this is a just repayment for diligent service. I hope for your continued health, and for your son to prove every bit as faithful in his duties to Spain and the House of Borbon as you have.

I remain,
Carlos V, Rey de España

-

The King then sends out letters to Don Rodrigo Fajardo de Mendoza, Baron of Polop and Benidorm, Carlos Maria Alvear y Ponce de Leon, and Colonel Roberto Rafel Cortez Allende, amongst several others ((NPCs)) who wrote to him declaring their loyalty and renouncing the Cristinos; he welcomed them with open arms, asking that they only make a final public affirmation of loyalty to be welcomed fully back into the Court of the King.

The Infantado household (II)

ptkJEYQ.png

The sun had been up for a few hours, warming the palace grounds. Wine had been brought out for the Duke to enjoy as he bathed in the warm sunshine, he would often sit out in the morning letting the sun shine down upon him, reflecting on his life and the choices he made. Don Pedro had lost weight, he didn’t eat nearly as much as just a few months ago, but he had gotten slightly better, enough to move about the palace in short bursts.

Manuel had been up for a few hours, his father already in the courtyard by the time he woke up. Manuel had enjoyed all the joys of wealth and power, even if he held none himself, he had so far spent his day walking the vineyards of his father’s estate. He like his father liked a good grape, but more importantly he found it relaxing just being left alone as he walked through the fields, with nothing but his own thoughts and hopes. Now however, a servant had come running, telling him to return to the palace. As Manuel entered, he saw his father, sisters and mother all standing there, looking at him.

Don Pedro sat with a letter in his hand, beckoning his son to come closer. “The King has legitimized you, and named you my sole heir, you and your sisters are now officially of my house and of my line.”

Manuel smiled as he stepped forward, “May I read it?” He asked as he looked at his father who handed him the letter. He couldn’t help but smile as he read the words, he was now the true heir to his father’s estate, a true nobleman of Spain.

Pedro let him read it before he continued. “I am sending you to Madrid, it is now high time that you are introduced to the royal court, and our family. You are to stay with our cousin, the Duke of Alba, learn to know him and he will be a valuable ally in court. I have been told he recently married a Doña Helene, make her love you as well, and you will always be spoken fondly in the Duke’s ear.” Manuel nodded as he looked at his father, with a smile as wide as possible. “It is most important that the King knows of you, and your abilities, he now control all fortunes and positions and should you wish to advance then he will be your benefactor. Now my son.” Pedro said as he stood up of his chair, with a great bit of exhaustion and nodded to Manuel who lowered his head. “Manuel de Alcántara Álvarez de Toledo, you are hereby recognized and legitimized as my son and heir, I hereby bestow upon you the titles of Marqués de Algecilla and conde de Villada and the lands associated with them.”

Pedro sat down again, a sigh of relief as he could relax. “Now that you are of proper rank to meet the king and the other nobles, then there is one more issue that needs to be dealt with while you are in Madrid. Soon after your arrival you are to meet María Francisca and her mother María Manuela. Her mother has agreed that the two of you may meet, she is eager to have a daughters married off. María is 16 years of age, a few years younger than you, but that is of no issue, she is beautiful and would make a good wife, do try to impress her, it would be a most beneficial match.” Pedro, lost in thought for a moment before returning to the present. “The carriage is being prepared, and the servants are preparing your chests for the duration of your stay in Madrid, you are leaving when it is ready.” Manuel simply nodded in return, before going to his rooms thinking over the change of station.

g1dgyhW.jpg

Don Manuel, Marqués de Algecilla and Conde de Villada​

Addressed to the Duke de Infantado

"You may know me - if you keep check with matters of wealth, you definitely know me - but I shall introduce myself as Don Aldo J. Trumpo, business magnate, Lord de Lazcano, and above all, a man of fame and Royal praise; King Carlos V trusts me with the financial wealth of the Kingdom.

But today I do not write for business, but for pleasure. I have oft heard of a certain woman within your household, of proper birth, of proper temperament, and astounding beauty - your daughter Joanna. Perhaps this letter may seem presumptuous and forward, but I am who I am; I am a very high-energy individual, just a great man who does great things. And one of those things is to ask for the hand of Joanna, to take her as my wife and bring our families together, and to ensure the Trumpo Dynasty is secured.

It is much to ask, but I hope you see how fantastic an arrangement it would be, for you, for Joanna, and for myself. I invite you to my estate at Torre Trumpo, so that we may meet and speak more on this matter, and so that you can bask in the opulence your daughter may herself enjoy."

Last edited:
Reactions:
Letter to His Eminence, Cardinal de Porcelli y Vallabriga ((Private - @Luftwafer ))

Your Eminence,

In short order, His Majesty intends to visit around the country to see first hand the rebuilding of areas devastated by the war and greet his adoring subjects. Whilst I am sure the overwhelming majority of His Majesty's loving subjects would greet his visit with delight, my mind dwells on those elements who distribute Republican Propaganda; no harm must come to the Royal Person and I hope you will give stringent orders the the Hermanedad Real to be ever vigilant for threats.

In other matters His Majesty has tasked me with forming a committee to deliberate the rights and freedoms afforded to various regions. As the Church plays such an integral role in all corners of Spain, I would appreciate your sage council on this matter.

I would also like to solicit a favour from yourself and the wider church. It has been suggested to me that a great exhibition to display the great artistic wonders of our age would be a splendid way to demonstrate to the world that Spain was, is, and will continue to be at the pinnacle refinement. As the Church has ever been known as a patron of the arts, would it be possible to put on display such works? Thus we may also demonstrate the piety of the nation and allow all who visit to experience the spiritual mercy of art.

Yours in God,
0dEtjZP.png

Alejo Ma. Sastre

Letter sent to Lord Etxeto ((Private - @Dadarian ))

Your Excelency,

The nation finds itself in need of astute minds; His Majesty has tasked me with forming a committee to deliberate the rights and freedoms afforded to various regions. It would be pleasing to hear from your Lordship on this matter.

0dEtjZP.png

Alejo Ma. Sastre

Letter sent to el Duque de Alba ((Private - @Marschalk ))

Excelentísimo Señor,

My congratulations on your embassy to the Tsar, I believe it was a great success? This can only be good news, perhaps we could meet for a meal sometime to further discuss matters of state; His Majesty has tasked me with forming a committee to deliberate the rights and freedoms afforded to various regions, and I find that your council on this subject would be a great comfort.

0dEtjZP.png

Alejo Ma. Sastre​

Letter to el Duque de la Victoria ((Private - @Mikkel Glahder ))

Your Excelency,

His Majesty has tasked me with forming a committee to deliberate the rights and freedoms afforded to various regions. As this is, I believe, a request that originates primarily with your efforts it would seem natural that you should sit upon any such committee, and I therefore extend such an invitation to you.

It would also be agreeable if we could meet to discuss the coming operation to the Niger Delta. Please alert me as to when would be convenient.

0dEtjZP.png

Alejo Ma. Sastre

*​

Letter to Don Joaquín António Bakar Vélaz Gorrimendi ((Private - @Jack118 ))

Your Excelency,

His Majesty has made it known to me that he wishes the company of individuals from your Secretariat on his upcoming tour, that he may better understand the progress being made. Perhaps you yourself may accompany him.

In other matters His Majesty has tasked me with forming a committee to deliberate the rights and freedoms afforded to various regions. Your presence on this body would be most welcome, and I look forward to your insight into the Basque traditions.

0dEtjZP.png

Alejo Ma. Sastre

*​

Letter to el Duque de la Torre ((Private - @Otto of england ))

My dear son,

I pray life is treating you and dear Cassandra well, you must come visit at our estate at Viver, my lady wife is eager to see her daughter again.

In other matters His Majesty has tasked me with forming a committee to deliberate the rights and freedoms afforded to various regions. Your voice would be a welcome one, especialy on the subject of Aragon.

Yours,
0dEtjZP.png

Alejo Ma. Sastre

Last edited:
((Private to Kein))

To Don sastre

I would be delighted to join the committee, to further both Carlos's good name and the church's commitment to helping everyone poor and rich, I have heard there are plans to spread our Catholic faith to the African heathens.

This is a project I wholeheartedly support, and I wish our brave soldiers luck in their upcoming operation.

((Public))
The Cardinal, preached about Spain, and how it was every true Catholics duty to spread he light of God to the Non believers.

Reactions:
((To @Keinwyn ))

To Don Alejo Sastre,

I would be honoured to join your committee, I am attempting to improve the diplomacy between us and the British isles. I hope that you can allow me to join this great meeting.
May you be well,

Yours sincerely,
HSH Alejandro de Soneta di Belmonte.

Last edited:
Republican Base in Barcelona Raided by Police

Today, a police force in Barcelona raided an underground printing press area utilized by the Republican group called the Sociedad Republicana. The group has been known for utilizing Republican propaganda to rally the population against the King and the idea of the traditional monarchy. The press has been informed by the King that he has special plans for these traitors to his divine rule. This was part of numerous raids and arrests made by the police after long periods of tracking by the police. Many messengers for the Society were arrested as well. One such man was Tomas Martel, who was spotted handing documents off to Sociedad Republicana members...

((Oxford was discovered to be the one between the Sociedad Republicana pamphlet upon investigation by the government, and has been arrested. His fate is in the hands of the government now)).

Last edited:
Reactions:
The King then sends out letters to Don Rodrigo Fajardo de Mendoza, Baron of Polop and Benidorm, Carlos Maria Alvear y Ponce de Leon, and Colonel Roberto Rafel Cortez Allende, amongst several others ((NPCs)) who wrote to him declaring their loyalty and renouncing the Cristinos; he welcomed them with open arms, asking that they only make a final public affirmation of loyalty to be welcomed fully back into the Court of the King.
((Private - Riccardo))
To His Majesty the King of Spain:

I am humbled by your mercy towards me. I was led astray from the flock, but like a good shepherd you brought me back into the fold. I shall serve you with utmost loyalty, true King of Spain. I shall not fail in redeeming myself to the Carlist cause.

Your humble servant,
Carlos Maria Alvear y Ponce de Leon

((Public))

I declare my allegiance to the one and only true King of Spain - Carlos V. God has granted him victory in the war against the Christinos. It is clear that with God on the side of the Carlists that Carlos is the true King and that he and not the liberals will lead us to greatness, to restore our former glory, to reclaim our rightful place in the sun. His Majesty Carlos V will make Spain great again! Viva espana! Long live the King!

Your Excelency,

His Majesty has tasked me with forming a committee to deliberate the rights and freedoms afforded to various regions. As this is, I believe, a request that originates primarily with your efforts it would seem natural that you should sit upon any such committee, and I therefore extend such an invitation to you.

It would also be agreeable if we could meet to discuss the coming operation to the Niger Delta. Please alert me as to when would be convenient.

0dEtjZP.png

Alejo Ma. Sastre

SGch1vt.png

A letter to el Duque de Valencia ((Private - @Keinwyn))

Your Excelency,

You are completely correct concerning the nature of the commission, even if his majesty changed my initial proposal which is his right as king. I am also honored that you want to draw me into this commision and I accept.
Concerning the operation in the Niger Delta, it would be convinent for me all year round as is my duty as a loyal subject of his majesty. I will gladly bring god to heathens.

Best Regards

General de Ejértico Tomás de Zumalacárregui e Imatz, Duque de Victoria y Conde de Bilbao

((Private, though why some random republican would be reading the king's letters is beyond me))

A VE, el Duque de Valencia y el Duque de Alba,

I write to both of you in regards to the marriage proposals recently being bandied about the continent; as we have previously discussed, I am of a mind to wed Prince Carlos to Olga Nikolaevna, whilst Prince Juan would be wed to the daughter of the Duke of Modena, thereby securing our ties to both Austria and Russia; the matter of France is one which should be weighed carefully, as we should not want to bind ourselves so closely with the usurper’s of Charles X, though it would be imprudent to not normalise relations between our nations. Therefore, I would ask of you two to send out a delegation to see how receptive the French are to a wedding between Princess Clementine and either Prince Fernando, or to my nephew the Duke of Cadiz; to maintain some distance between our lines, I wold be more inclined to favour the Duke over my son, and instead perhaps wed him off to a Wittelsbach or some kin of the Hohenzollerns, though I am thoroughly malleable on the matter. Furthermore, I believe it would be wise to begin talks with the French regarding the Barbary Coast – that is, where our interests and theirs conflict and should be most equitably resolved, and how we can work to each other’s benefit, and for God’s glory.

Lastly, as we continue to work to maintain the Concert established in Vienna, we have already begun talks of a potential marriage between a child of Carlos or Juan and a child of Queen Victoria – I believe this may be the most pivotal of the unions, as it would secure for us greater power in Iberia, in the Mediterranean, and indeed across the globe; therefore, such a union, or unions, should be pursued diligently.

I trust our ambassadors and delegations shall work tirelessly towards these goals.

I remain,
Carlos V, Rey de España

Last edited: