Stellaris Developer Diary Archive

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dev diaries I'd like to see:
  • Combat mechanics - specifically on how all hits are shown graphically - I know control is passive, but will ship AI maneuver, determine which munitions type to use, be upgradeable, etc?
  • Macroeconomic management - how will empire management scale from 1 planet to hundreds? What mechanics will keep growth in check?
  • Factions and civil war - curious what decisions these will present me with, and at what frequency or severity
  • Fallen empires - coming already I believe, very curious how this may or may not support eternal games in a silent galaxy. Most importantly, do fallen empires loose some/all techs, generating a cycle of renewal?
  • Tech - specifically, what frequency of tech upgrading? I find the most 4x games spam tech upgrades to the point you can't perceive the differences. I'd rather have infrequent (Eg once per hour) tech upgrades which are very palpable.

Ok, I'm late to the game and just finished reading the diaries and wiki .... wow, don't remember anxiously anticipating a game to this degree in a long while! Space 4X are my favorites and this title has the serious potential of being a true space opera as well! Way to go Paradox!

Reactions:
  • Tech - specifically, what frequency of tech upgrading? I find the most 4x games spam tech upgrades to the point you can't perceive the differences. I'd rather have infrequent (Eg once per hour) tech upgrades which are very palpable.

Seriously. Nothing more crushingly boring than having to retrofit ships with modules that have a 5% power bonus or something.

Reactions:
Where is Dev diary! We get dev diary, or Paradox gets the riot!

Wow, weekly dev diaries now. . . "We will speed up our delivery of dev diaries as we near release."
Can it be? Is this game closer to release than Q3 2016 like I was thinking? Could it possibly be released Q1 2016? Oh please Game Release Faeries, make it so!

Wow, weekly dev diaries now. . . "We will speed up our delivery of dev diaries as we near release."
Can it be? Is this game closer to release than Q3 2016 like I was thinking? Could it possibly be released Q1 2016? Oh please Game Release Faeries, make it so!
The dev diaries are have been weekly weekly since start they started.

Reactions:
When will the war dev be up?
Last week we got it around 13:00. Before that 16:51. Mostly, Paradox tend to post their dev diaries shortly after lunch.