• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Big fan of the flavorful realm names.

Reactions:
Ok. What is your point though? Stellaris dev diaries are long and detailed and so are HoI IV dev diaries. The same has been true for EU IV dev diaries for when The Cossacks had not even been announced yet.
Because people kept asking for it. The devs don't feel ready to reveal any big features for the next patch/expansion yet, so we're getting these shorter teases and fluff-pieces. I'm suspecting they don't want to announce anything until after The Cossacks release is behind us.
Another point: "We're spoiled"

This dev diary in between launches thing is relatively new all around. EU4 started it first and only recently, CK2 is dabbling in it now. I don't think it's a sign of anything specifically.

How many other dev studios would get fan responses of "Is this game dead?" every time they post ("too little") information?

Reactions:
Ok. What is your point though? Stellaris dev diaries are long and detailed and so are HoI IV dev diaries. The same has been true for EU IV dev diaries for when The Cossacks had not even been announced yet.
CK2 expansions mostly had around 4 big dev diaries. How do you know that we won't see 4+ diaries for this expansion as well? Stellaris and HOIV are full games, so it makes sense that they have long and detailed DDs.

Reactions:
Showing more pretenders is nice.

Of course often there are like 30 pretenders but if the strong claims are shown that would be nice.

Reactions:
Because people kept asking for it. The devs don't feel ready to reveal any big features for the next patch/expansion yet, so we're getting these shorter teases and fluff-pieces. I'm suspecting they don't want to announce anything until after The Cossacks release is behind us.

It will be interesting to see what have they been up to. I've been talking to one other user, we believe the expansion won't come out in till 2016.

A clickable pretender/heir list for the title is nice indeed. But this reminds me of a simple ease-of-use issue I had with CK2 since, well, always… Will we get the ability to view a clickable list of heirs for any hereditary title? Even the first three heirs would do. Too many times this happened to me:

*wants to take a look at heirs of some title*
*finds the title, hovers over the CoA for the heirs’ shortlist, notes down the names*
*types the names into the search tool*
*finds the primary heir easily*
… and then…
*two or more identical names come up for the secondary and tertiary heirs each*

It's a bit inconvenient. :)

Reactions:
Seeing more of the elective vote recipients will be somewhat more useful than the current setup, especially in an empire where there are elector dukes who are not your direct vassals. But I would prefer a full list showing all eligible electors and who they are voting for, with clickable elector portraits. More often than not it's those non-vassal duke electors that I find myself wishing I could access from this page.

Where's the 9th DevDiary? :eek:o_O:eek::confused:

Where's the 9th DevDiary? :eek:o_O:eek::confused:
Here

Maybe I misunderstood this Dev Diary. Are the changes purely visual, or are we actually going to get some new options or types of government?

Will you use a different font type for the government flavor name? The current font looks a little bland. It'd be nice to have font that's more medieval themed.

You can find tons of better font types just by googling. And just about anything would look better than the font you used.

I believe that CKII, along with other Clausewitz games, handles fonts in an antiquated way. It does not use the operating system's normal on-the-fly creation of glyphs. Instead certain glyphs (selected according to Windows-1252, originally the character set for Windows 1.0!) have been saved as bitmaps, and PDX then use custom code to build them into words. Adding another font would presumably mean checking all the code (including any ugly hacks) still worked as intended, so it's not straightforward.

IMHO, 21st century font handling should be a priority for all future Paradox games (starting from HoI4 and Stellaris), but it's an under-the-hood change that will involve lots of developer time for little immediate player benefit. I can understand the temptation to focus on other things that look good in the next dev diary.....

Reactions:
Reactions:
It looks more neat I guess, which is cool but im confused will we get new laws??

also

Still wondering about the Nomads in the EAST can TRIBES beat them now???? :cool:

It would be nice if some of these electoral mechanics applied to the Ecumenical Patriarch, instead of just having the game generate a random bishop to fill Orthodox Christianity's most prestigious seat.

Reactions:
Now you're just reminding me of the annoyance I feel because succession laws are all hardcoded.

Based on things devs have said previously, I'd be very surprising if this changed anytime soon. All of the (tree-search) algorithms are hard-coded for speed of calculating succession orders, and I would be surprised if they tried to export something so pervasive to (accessible) scripting.

Reactions: