• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- The whole world except south and east India belongs to one of three culture groups: Tabaddelim, Daiyadelim, and 'Barbarian'.

- Perhaps because of this homogeneity, almost everything - kingdoms, baronies, cultures, religions, etc. - ends with '-delim'. I'm guessing this is a highly productive suffix in the generated language (if the language generator works like that), but it looks pretty odd - it's so common that it seems redundant, like adding a meaningless sound to the end of every word in English.

I noticed that if you wait more time during the generation it tends to generate more different cultures. Also, it depends on what you set under "culture".

Found a Kingdom of Suparman in Lithuania. What are the odds :D

But this is awesome. It works fine now. You should team up with someone who can make a random map generator.

I noticed that if you wait more time during the generation it tends to generate more different cultures. Also, it depends on what you set under "culture".

I left it running for 20 minutes and nothing seemed to happen after the first fifty seconds or so. :p I've not tweaked cultural stability - is 1 high or low?

"exception error...blablabla"

Thanks - sadly this isn't quite as clear information on the exception as I could use :p

To make it clear, I don't get ANY exceptions this end, and exception are there to provide the programmer with info on where the exception happens, so if you do, I have no way of fixing it without the contents of the exception on this thread :p

Some great feedback here on other stuff, thanks guys. But yeah, if you get an exception please expand it and print it here and I can likely fix the problem that causes it.
So here it is (I translated a bit for you :D).
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an object instance
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.EventManager.Load()
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Simulation.SimulationManager.Init()
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.MapManager.Load()
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Form1.LoadFiles()
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Form1.selectCK2Dir_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
CrusaderKingsStoryGen
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NothingforYouSorryAppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa0.189/CrusaderKingsStoryGen.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
mscorlib.resources
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Drawing.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

Thank you! Doing some big changes based on your feedback everyone thanks!

If anyone has any idea why I can't get nomads to work, further a way I can force any given place into a given government, it'd be massively appreciated and would allow me to do a lot more government modding! I've got cultures set to horde=true with a tribal holding and they still just tribal, I got recommended putting historical_nomad in the title however this doesn't appear anywhere in the source files and flags up an error when I do.

To get nomads to work, the capital must be a tribal holding in history/provinces, and you have to put historical_nomad in title history.

To get nomads to work, the capital must be a tribal holding in history/provinces, and you have to put historical_nomad in title history.

OH the title history. Derp. Thank you! I misunderstood and put it into landed_titles! <3

Do people ever spread to island provinces or do they always remain empty?

If they are classed as adjacent in the game (troops can walk between them) I'm working on better code for handling islands but at the moment they will stay blank otherwise. I hard coded a link between British Isles and France.

Last edited:
You should contact the creator of Victoria 2 Random World Generator and ask him for the random religion icons. Also being able to choose the seed would be cool :)

Please switch the backslashes in your paths to forward slashes - I'm running it through mono (Open Source implementation of .NET) on GNU/Linux, and I get this error:

Code:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/opt/Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II\history\provinces\' not found.
  at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.MapManager.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Form1.reset_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(See http://www.mono-project.com/docs/getting-started/application-portability/ )

Also, can you open source this?

Last edited:
Reactions:
I get a similar exception to him ^
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DevIL.NET2, Version=1.1.2619.31671, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'DevIL.NET2, Version=1.1.2619.31671, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.FlagManager.AssignAndSave()
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Form1.Export()
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Form1.exportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I get a similar exception to him ^
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DevIL.NET2, Version=1.1.2619.31671, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'DevIL.NET2, Version=1.1.2619.31671, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.FlagManager.AssignAndSave()
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Form1.Export()
at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Form1.exportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

That would probably be because one of `DevIL.dll` or `DevIL.NET2.dll` isn't in the same folder as the application.

Hey ! I gave it a shot but it seems the "Export" function doesn't work for me (something like "An error occured, to you want to skip it and continue or quit ?")
I'll check my .NET version but i think this is not the problem...
Sorrry I don't have more details...

Reactions:
Hey ! I gave it a shot but it seems the "Export" function doesn't work for me (something like "An error occured, to you want to skip it and continue or quit ?")
I'll check my .NET version but i think this is not the problem...
Sorrry I don't have more details...

I had an error like that when i changed the name of the mod.

Hi! This tool looks amazing! But whenever I attempt to 'export' no files or folders are created, the only thing that happens is that a new map is generated. This is when I keep the mod name the same. If I try and change the mod name, I get a similar pop-up and exception as above :(

It works very well. Only problems in my game are

1. Too few ethnicities. The one from the East African empire always predominates. If I run it a long time, I get more. Always too few Africans though, and too many of whoever the East African empire group turns out to be.

2. I like the fact that heresies are wildly different from parent religions. But the hard block against matrilineal marriages is too pervasive.

3. No (or too few?) claims at game start and too little availability of aggressive casius bellis, so things are very dead at the beginning.

4. Way too many tribals.

Wonderful work though. Thank you very much for sharing this with us.

2. I like the fact that heresies are wildly different from parent religions. But the hard block against matrilineal marriages is too pervasive.

Especially since many rulers at the start are female and end up marrying somone with a completely different culture and religion.