• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Especially since many rulers at the start are female and end up marrying somone with a completely different culture and religion.

Yep this was a bug - will be fixed in the next version. I've more or less rewritten the culture/religion spread, and am working on completely random governments too :) crashes atm tho

Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions:
Is there a way to export/save the mod elsewhere, like onto desktop?

My map is being saved into a duplicate mods folder, which isn't detected by CK2 - and once it's in there I'm prevented from moving or deleting it as 'it doesn't exist'.

I do wonder why whenever I export the generation it always results in a an emipire spanning most of africa. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

The first version works quite well. The future is full of promises and new goverments!
Anyway, good job for having created this free and great tool before the devs.

Reactions:
Nevermind, it turns out the files were being generated, but they were being saved into a hidden duplicate errored folder which shouldn't have existed. Thanks for your help though!
With my error that I posted I don't even have a .mod for story gen where did you find yours fezzer?

I know that I should wait for a more advanced state of the mod but...
Is there any hope for randomized trade routes, weird succession laws and more cultural specificities ?

Succession law mechanics are hard coded.

What we can see is more varied successions - more cultures using tanistry, or favoring elenctive ones, that sort of thing.

I'd love to seein the future support for custom maps. Regarding islands, can it be coded bases on diatance? As in, pixeks in the map? That way, opulating England, the Danish islands or Sicily would be be very easily. Island? Not so much. If that is not possible, make migration between privinces that share the same aea zone always possible, and more likely propoetionately to the number of already populated provinces in the same aeazone.

Woah! Amazing. I've been looking forward to a random generator for CK2 for a while now.

Some questions:
Are there plans to have more than the capital + 2 holdings in each province?
Are the only generated succession laws currently Agnatic Gavelkind, Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind, and Open Elective?

I noticed that the culture map mode was all white, and I looked in the file and saw that there was no line for colors (but I did get to see all the impressive under the hood patronyms and suffixes generated).

http://zompist.com/gen.html

This is a word generator, but I think you could get some utility out of it to make some consistent names for religions, provinces, and personal names that have more regularity to them. The author explains how to use it pretty well, and I think it'd add a lot to this mod.

Reactions:
Please switch the backslashes in your paths to forward slashes - I'm running it through mono (Open Source implementation of .NET) on GNU/Linux, and I get this error:

Code:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/opt/Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II\history\provinces\' not found.
  at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.MapManager.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CrusaderKingsStoryGen.Form1.reset_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(See http://www.mono-project.com/docs/getting-started/application-portability/ )

Also, can you open source this?

I get the same error on Linux as well.

The program starts and stops the simulation, but it doesn't display the map, it's just black. It has the little number in the top left though. That is all I have been able to test.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Am reading it all and making good progress on the next version :) I'm just resisting throwing out too many versions want to clear a lot of the problems first (as well as squeezing it in with my work responsibilities :D). Will make sure its Linux compat filenames etc!

Thanks again for your kind words!

Reactions: