National Ideagroups - 13th of October - C

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The crutch should exist and this is exactly what is great about this expansion. The blobbing is too easy now. We have to change our strategies and think a little bit more now. Thank goodness.

While this might slow expansion, it has nothing to do with challenge in that you would've to think about some great solution. There are three and they won't change:

- Vassalize
- Eat the coring cost
- Ignore them

Awesome!

Next.. Mong Yang NI's aka 'ex-Shan States' idea's?

iYa9Xiz.gif

Because of how it stacks additively. If you have -75% core creation cost and they have 100% increase, stuff costs 125% not 50%. It's a crutch to keep AI nations around that makes it so countries have to completely change their conquering strategies around these minor nations. 100% is a LOT. As Wiz said it affects diplo-annexing now, it shouldn't be anywhere near that high.
Yes, the additive stacking surprised me as well when I first started playing EU4, coming for Warcraft 3/Dota, where everything is multiplicative. That model seems much better, but there's 0 chance of the EU4 model being changed this late in its life.
I agree that 50% should be enough. After all, we are creating alternative histories, Wallachia should go belly up 50% of the time, if not more.

These ideas are awesome! Good job!

What's the point of +100% hostile core creation? "You annexed us but it will cost you alot haha"? Why not higher provincial autonomy for Wallachian cores or something that makes sense?
Oh man, that's a lovely idea. Just give convert all the current +100% core creations to minimum 50% autonomy for as long as the core lasts.

What's the point of +100% hostile core creation? "You annexed us but it will cost you alot haha"? Why not higher provincial autonomy for Wallachian cores or something that makes sense?

I like it. Adds some flavor to those who won't be playing Wallachia too.

The crutch should exist and this is exactly what is great about this expansion. The blobbing is too easy now. We have to change our strategies and think a little bit more now. Thank goodness.

Then they need something else that deters the AI, like an autonomy cap, rather than something that screws with the annexation system. And the point is no, you still don't have to put more thought into your strategies. You still vassalize, same as before, it just costs unreasonably more.

Last edited:
Now, who was wishing for an OP Wallachia again? With these NIs it will be a piece of cake to conquer the whole Eastern Europa... Especially with the extra shock for the generals. I think only lucky nations have such powerful NI.
And the -10% advisor cost is just a flavor.

OMG I LOVE YOU PARADOX!!!
Bravo baietii aveti o bere.
In case you're wondering he wants to buy the Paradox devs a beer :D

Don't go spending a fortune on beers for Paradox, you should take a look at the map before you do that. Wallachia now only borders Hungary, the Ottomans and Poland, the first in-game decades will be brutal. Buy them the beer after you form Romania with the new, shiny, national ideas ;)

Now, who was wishing for an OP Wallachia again? With these NIs it will be a piece of cake to conquer the whole Eastern Europa... Especially with the extra shock for the generals. I think only lucky nations have such powerful NI.
Want to bet that Hungary will still stomp Wallachia within 15 years in the majority of the games? Hungary is still a much bigger country.

What's your planned strategy?

In case you're wondering he wants to buy the Paradox devs a beer :D

Don't go spending a fortune on beers for Paradox, you should take a look at the map before you do that. Wallachia now only borders Hungary, the Ottomans and Poland, the first in-game decades will be brutal. Buy them the beer after you form Romania with the new, shiny, national ideas ;)

Want to bet that Hungary will still stomp Wallachia within 15 years in the majority of the games? Hungary is still a much bigger country.
Will Romanian get these NI too?

Will relations limits be increased to compensate for all these nations with +100 core costs? It appears that AoW is meant to encourage a large subject empire rather than a large single tag empire and being limited to 3-4 relations would really hurt that concept.