National Ideagroups - 13th of October - C

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will relations limits be increased to compensate for all these nations with +100 core costs? It appears that AoW is meant to encourage a large subject empire rather than a large single tag empire and being limited to 3-4 relations would really hurt that concept.

How in the heck does giving some very minor nations some great ideas (including coring costs) warrant increases in relation limits? These forum posters are on some crazy kool aid lately.

How in the heck does giving some very minor nations some great ideas (including coring costs) warrant increases in relation limits? These forum posters are on some crazy kool aid lately.
If you pay attention to the big picture, they're also adding multiple subject nation types that target subject empires instead of single tag empires. A lot of what's been said really sounds like they want you to grow through subjects rather than annexing everything in sight. That can't be done with tight limits on relations, because you can't afford to keep them around.

Also, while some of these nations might just seem small to you, Georgia especially is in a very key location separating the Ottomans from Russia. I wouldn't call that minor.

Will Romanian get these NI too?
Romania most likely won't have its own ideas in order to inherit the ideas from the forming state. Just a guess, we need to wait for the release.

Ehem Wallachia is between 3 major empires late in game..

With one of the empires being you, that makes them a perfect march to keep Ottomans/Russia/Austria-HRE from spreading further into the balkans. Georgia might serve the same between Ottomans/Russia/Timurids. If you aren't active in the region, why do you care about some small nations at the other end of the world?

If you pay attention to the big picture, they're also adding multiple subject nation types that target subject empires instead of single tag empires. A lot of what's been said really sounds like they want you to grow through subjects rather than annexing everything in sight. That can't be done with tight limits on relations, because you can't afford to keep them around.

Also, while some of these nations might just seem small to you, Georgia especially is in a very key location separating the Ottomans from Russia. I wouldn't call that minor.

Relevant only to players obsessed with World Conquest.

Oh oh, Serbia has competition for the western March for the ottomans....

Relevant only to players obsessed with World Conquest.
Relevant to the fact that it's a conquest game, and it appears as though the developers are trying to create an additional path of conquest. It was just a simple question. I have no idea why you've decided you need to troll the hell out of it. I am actually looking for how this might be an interesting change rather than one that simply adds more costs and wait time if you choose to go after them.

Oh oh, Serbia has competition for the western March for the ottomans....

Given Serbia has worse ideas in AOW - and even pre AOW when it had better ideas it somehow failed more than Wallachia, at least in my games - and it is close to expansive Italy/Austria while still being too close to Ottomans - I suppose Wallachia will be stronger :0

With one of the empires being you, that makes them a perfect march to keep Ottomans/Russia/Austria-HRE from spreading further into the balkans. Georgia might serve the same between Ottomans/Russia/Timurids. If you aren't active in the region, why do you care about some small nations at the other end of the world?
I always vassalise them even if I dont play in the region.I just like to see them on the map or actually I just want to see them orthodox since ottoderps convert everything.