Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 7: Free Features #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sikhism spreads in the middle east? Awesome!

Is there a way for Muslim nations (eg. the Mughals) to convert to Sikhism? Or is that choice just restricted to Hindus?
It's restricted to Hindus, although as Comes Imperii pointed out, it's possible for a nation to change to any religion through rebellion.

So, any word on coptic mechanics, beyond their bonuses?

Coptic - Ethiopia is no longer Orthodox
+10% Defensiveness, and +2 Tolerance to own. Hardest christian to convert with -2.

I'm sure people have said this allready.... but.. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

and after my ck2 conversion...

COPTIC POOOOPE!

I'm sure people have said this allready.... but.. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

and after my ck2 conversion...

COPTIC POOOOPE!

Pope_Theodoros_II_of_Alexandria.jpg

All shall bow before the coolest hat!

It's restricted to Hindus, although as Comes Imperii pointed out, it's possible for a nation to change to any religion through rebellion.

Unless you have altered the mechanics, this is not true. As of 1.5.1, it is still impossible to switch to any pagan religion through rebels, seen easily if you attempt to do so as Mali, which starts Sunni with an Animist majority.

You can accept their demands, let them break you, let them enforce while avoiding being broken due to war, doesn't matter. You'll still be Sunni.

Sikhism - Enables after 1499 from an event in India, and also comes with its unique events.
5% cheaper techs, and +5 land morale, while having -1 when someone tries to convert a sikh province.
There is also a new religiongroup called dharmic, which has Hinduism and Sikhism, which allows voluntary conversions between them.

:O, great surprise didn't expect that, thanks!

Last edited:
I just wonder is it even possible to get an electoral status? What are the requirements for this? (Apart from removing another elector from the map?). I've never been offered electoral status. Not by Austria or any other AI that happened to be emperor.

Unless you have altered the mechanics, this is not true. As of 1.5.1, it is still impossible to switch to any pagan religion through rebels, seen easily if you attempt to do so as Mali, which starts Sunni with an Animist majority.

You can accept their demands, let them break you, let them enforce while avoiding being broken due to war, doesn't matter. You'll still be Sunni.
No, you are right, this is still the case. There are some restrictions and special cases for the rebel mechanics. In the case of Sikh rebels, they will normally convert you if Sikhism is the dominant religion of your nation.

I just wonder is it even possible to get an electoral status? What are the requirements for this? (Apart from removing another elector from the map?). I've never been offered electoral status. Not by Austria or any other AI that happened to be emperor.
In my current Tuscany game, Austria granted me electorate a few years into the game.
Granted, I was allied and RMed with them.

Will Nestorianism ever be put in via a free patch? and Will surviving heresies (ones that have not become orthodox but are a state religion for a country) from CKII be fixed?

Will Nestorianism ever be put in via a free patch? and Will surviving heresies (ones that have not become orthodox but are a state religion for a country) from CKII be fixed?

The CK2 Dev team should probably do something about this, since there were no known political entity that followed the Nestorian religion during the EU4 timeframe in contrast to the Miaphysites.

Since Miaphysites are called "Coptics", they should name Nestorians as "Assyrians".

The CK2 Dev team should probably do something about this, since there were no known political entity that followed the Nestorian religion during the EU4 timeframe in contrast to the Miaphysites.

Since Miaphysites are called "Coptics", they should name Nestorians as "Assyrians".

No known political entity had Zoroastrianism as the state religion during the EUIV timeframe, but it's still part of EUIV's files.

No known political entity had Zoroastrianism as the state religion during the EUIV timeframe, but it's still part of EUIV's files.

It isn't actually. Zoroastrianism isn't in religions.txt unless you export a CKII game and play with the mod file that produces.