• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings from all of us in the CK3 team!

The game is finally released, and what a journey it has been! It’s truly humbling to see something that we’ve worked on for so long, and poured so much of our passion into, finally out in the wild. We’re overjoyed with the response we’ve gotten so far, it’s great that so many of you seem to enjoy the game. The amount of stories and experiences already being shared is nothing but mind-boggling, and lots of them are circulating throughout the team, putting many smiles upon our faces (especially all the memes!). We in the team wish to extend a grand ‘thank you’ to all of you for making this launch so fantastic.

In the near future we’ll be looking at collecting and addressing as many of your issues as we can. The upcoming patch (release date TBD) is a mix of improvements that didn't make it into the release (including some really fancy UI upgrades!), and bug fixes based on your feedback. Patch notes will be posted closer in time to when the patch will be released. If you have an issue, make sure to report it here so that it’s sure to be looked at!

In the next few weeks there will be no Dev Diaries, as we’ll focus our efforts on working with the feedback we’re getting from all of you. When something of interest happens, we’ll of course be back! Until then, please keep enjoying the game, sharing your stories, and shaping the world to your liking!

In my opinion you made one of the best Paradox-games ever. Take your time with the patch. The success is fully deserved!

• 90Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The game is absolutely amazing and I love it, but... The AI isn´t building anything in the moment and this absolutely breakes the game in the moment.

Hi there, thanks for the reports we hear you.
At the moment, the AI needs some fixes, as does the combat predictions (overflow errors for large battles, and too pessimistic in general). We plan to address at least some of this in the first big patch.
Your reports are very important to us, and even though we can't/don't reply in every threads, rest assured that we do read the reports.
Thanks for your time and patience, we're working on it! :)

• 18Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
How is it possible for someone to be this entitled? The devs don't owe you anything.
Well, he kinda bought the game so the devs do in fact owe him a fully functional game. Fixing some of the more glaring balance issues is certainly something that we can expect.

That said, it seems a bit ridiculous to be expecting fixes this quickly, software development takes time. (And the game is still quite fun to play even with balance issues)

Reactions:
Boo, really hoped we would've gotten a patch this week. This DD doesn't imply that is going to be the case.
How is it possible for someone to be this entitled? The devs don't owe you anything.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Greetings from all of us in the CK3 team!

The game is finally released, and what a journey it has been! It’s truly humbling to see something that we’ve worked on for so long, and poured so much of our passion into, finally out in the wild. We’re overjoyed with the response we’ve gotten so far, it’s great that so many of you seem to enjoy the game. The amount of stories and experiences already being shared is nothing but mind-boggling, and lots of them are circulating throughout the team, putting many smiles upon our faces (especially all the memes!). We in the team wish to extend a grand ‘thank you’ to all of you for making this launch so fantastic.

In the near future we’ll be looking at collecting and addressing as many of your issues as we can. The upcoming patch (release date TBD) is a mix of improvements that didn't make it into the release (including some really fancy UI upgrades!), and bug fixes based on your feedback. Patch notes will be posted closer in time to when the patch will be released. If you have an issue, make sure to report it here so that it’s sure to be looked at!

In the next few weeks there will be no Dev Diaries, as we’ll focus our efforts on working with the feedback we’re getting from all of you. When something of interest happens, we’ll of course be back! Until then, please keep enjoying the game, sharing your stories, and shaping the world to your liking!

The game is absolutely amazing and I love it, but... The AI isn´t building anything in the moment and this absolutely breakes the game in the moment. I hope that this can be hotfixed as fast as possible (before an big patch). Without the AI building and upgrading their lands it doesnt make sense to play the game at the moment.
I wouldn´t care so much if the game wasn´t otherwise such an amazing fun.

Thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-ai-not-building-upgrading-buildings.1419844/

Bug report: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ly-is-building-upgrading-their-lands.1419857/

Last edited:
  • 20Like
Reactions:
I'm a bit disappointed that some of us here don't know basic savoir-vivre and bring their complaints to a celebratory thread. Guys, there's whole sections on these forums dedicated to voicing your concerns. Please be courteous and keep bug reports and similar out of this thread. Regardless of whatever it is that bugs you, PI has worked extremely hard for literal years to bring us this fantastic release. Let's celebrate with them for a minute, shall we.

Customers are allowed to voice concerns even in the thread you apparently unilaterally have declared to be the ""celebratory thread""

• 23Like
Reactions:
Im absolutly enjoying the game. Its amazing. Stress is a genius implementation to balance min-max. The game offers so many avenues to problem that arise its just great to play.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
They kinda owe us a functioning game, which crusader Kings of Jerusalem constantly flipping to Islam, religion not working properly, and tribals being OP stops it being so

• 2Like
Reactions:
I hoped for a hotfix patch today with stuff like levies, ai-buildings, seduce, tribal-to-feudal etc. It's a good game and i'm sure with patches and DLC's it will become a great one, but there are issues that a single play-test or one of your influencers should have brought up, and you could at least give us an estimation for a patch.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oof, the first patch apparently taking a few weeks is a bit rough. Was hoping to see a hotfix for some of the more egregious stuff before that at least.

Looking forward to the UI changes!

• 3Like
Reactions:
I do wish more people could strike a balance between praise and criticism. There are definitely issues to be fixed, but this is a big impressive project that people worked hard on, and things are often complex under the hood. Most issues are going to take time.

Two things I would say:
1) Even when we know you're reading the forums, it helps to pop in occasionally and tell us you've seen a specific discussion, even if you can't say much at the time. Feels less like screaming into the void.
2) It would be nice to get an immediate hotfix simply disabling the 'Fabricate Bastardy' event (events #3060-3069) until there's time to rework it properly.

Other than that, I look forward to the continued work. Took me a bit to get the hang of the game at first, definitely some rough starts, but deeply enjoying it now.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's the most successful game release in Paradox history, both in terms of sales, critical rating, and consumer rating. 8.2 user rating on Metacritic. What metrics for a fantastic release do you accept?

I'm sorry, does it being the best Paradox release mean that it must automatically be fantastic? I missed the memo where any given studio must have a fantastic release to their name.

What game release would constitute "fantastic" to me"? One in which Paradox actually addresses the glaring issues in their QA department. Again, the issue with matrilineal marriage for example is an outright downgrade to the state of things in CKII. An 8 year old game where patrilineal marriage being the standard was hardcoded.

Meanwhile in CKIII there are literally female rulers among the suggested starting characters and yet if they are left to the AI they marry patrilineally within weeks of starting the game. That the game released in this state indicates no one actually noticed it. And that no one noticed something this wrong indicates no one ever checked how even those suggested rulers fare when played by the AI.

On top of that, because knights (most of whom are rulers) drop like flies, a whole boatload of titles ends up getting inherited by women. I.e. Paradox had an abnormal amount of female rulers to check during playtesting. And even then the AI's unwillingness to use proper marriage still flew under Paradox's radar.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot and from design perspective I find it to be pretty damn impressive. Aside of some instances of the game not launching properly for some few people it also seems to be very stable. But from QA perspective CKIII shows that even the last few Stellaris patches that were a bug breeding ground haven't taught PDS anything.

Which you'd have realized even from reading my previous post if you didn't cut out a single sentence out of what I said. Because I already explicitly stated that to me the game can't be considered fantastic from the QA perspective. If it wasn't for that aspect, I would most certainly have agreed with using that label for the game as a whole because most everything else in it I find to be amazing (I do have some minor gripes about deliberate design choices like renown, but not nearly enough that would make me drop my rating).

I'm just going to quote this and let your tone speak for itself.

What is that even supposed to mean? And what tone would you have preferred for me to use when I was pointing out how the narrative the user I was replying to constructed just to discredit people being critical of things was so blatantly dishonest they couldn't even keep it consistent for more than one post? Speaking of which, the fact that you focused on said tone rather than the dishonest nature of what I was directing that tone at also speaks for itself. So cheers for you making the decision to do this.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Good game, terrible UI, so very happy to see UI improvements are a priority.

Any chance we can get an idea of what UI improvements you’re thinking?

Reactions: