• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You've heard of Serbia, Wallachia, and Moldavia, but would like somebody to explain to you exactly what Croatia, Bosnia, or Yugoslavia are. When somebody does, you say, "Oh, well, I remember now, Yugoslavia is the name of the big Serbian empire."

What happens next really depends on the ethnicity of the people you said that in front of...

Slovenes, Croats, Bosniaks: RAEG
Albanians, Macedonians, Montegrins: rage
Serbs: Joy

You've heard of Serbia, Wallachia, and Moldavia, but would like somebody to explain to you exactly what Croatia, Bosnia, or Yugoslavia are. When somebody does, you say, "Oh, well, I remember now, Yugoslavia is the name of the big Serbian empire."

What happens next really depends on the ethnicity of the people you said that in front of...

Out of curiosity, is Wallachia pronounced "Walakia" or "Wallaishia"?

When you refer to nations like Myanmar, or Thailand as Burma or Siam. Also Iran? I know only of Persia
Knowing random pop stats from 1836. (there propitiously not the most accurate stats but I know the UK has roughly 31 million adult males)
Poland only exists for the German states to make a buffer with Russia.
South America is always at peace. None of the great powers but me ever sphere them locking them into eternal peace.:rofl:
The Qng Empire only has generic rebals to deal with not real civil wars and they never were that bad. (unless you play PDM then those rebels get a lot scarier)

Poland only exists for the German states to make a buffer with Russia.

Pretty sure this has been true for most of European history...

Out of curiosity, is Wallachia pronounced "Walakia" or "Wallaishia"?

I've always been pronouncing it vuh-LAH-kee-uh for some reason... Strange. Some sort of German-Latin mixture. I suppose I ought to be pronouncing it "wuh-lachiuh" or something.

"Oh, well, I remember now, Yugoslavia is the name of the big Serbian empire."

:/

Back to the topic:

* When you refer to Vietnam as Dai Nam, and you think Nigeria is probably Sokoto.
* When you staunchly believe that there are no differences between North and South Korean cultures, because you can't just make a new culture. Maybe the northerners have some more Russians or something.