• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a dream... Sit on my lasy bum, on my grand throne of a small couuntry, say Savoy and have the most innovative, advanced and modern nation on the planet, with a small profesional army. That would be fun, just ruling your country...

To Bib

All Empires fall sooner or later. It looks to me like Empire of Greater Poland-Lithuania is about to crumble.....you stopped expanding, soon, you'll start shrinking :)

It seems Johan has taken on the quiet approach lately.
It's the quiet ones you gotta watch out for ;).

Hope that bug gets fixed soon!

Re: To Bib

Originally posted by Alexander Seil
All Empires fall sooner or later. It looks to me like Empire of Greater Poland-Lithuania is about to crumble.....you stopped expanding, soon, you'll start shrinking :)

That's the way I like it and it should have been in the first place! I don't need those pesky Orthodox Russians :D

Originally posted by BiB
The Polish Deluge continues.

U see, all this decade I have been under 0 stab and right now have been at -3 for a bit. And that hurts. Rationalisation of an empire isn't pretty but it'll get us somewhere in the end :) Rebel crushing is the order of the day.

Ah - it's hurts, but that's how it should be... I for one look forward to see empires that crumbles if expanded to fast. It would be nice to play a stratedgy game there the person who expands fastest isn't neccissarily the victor in the end. (maybe because i'm a builder - and not a warmonger :) )

When next up-date will happen? Can't wait for Free People of Lithuania to declare their independence against vile Polish opressors...errr, i mean i can't wait for bunch of Lithuanian traitors to stab Greater Poland in the back! :)

Should be playing tonight. However I don't see the Lithuanians break free! We are keeping a strong hold of them and we spent all that time converting them and that will pay off.

You have been giving up alot of provinces as of late BiB. I assume they have all been lost through war. I find it incredibly annoying that the only way to give up provinces is through war. I think it's kinda strange and stupid that you can't sell them to other countries for ducats, other provinces, alliances, privilages, and/or as gifts. This was VERY common in the EU time period, if I'm not mistaken. Does Paradox have any plans thus far to fix this?

Last edited:
Played a bit more today..

Captured Morea the Byzan province, but they woudnt make peace no matter what, but then i Discovered tech level something and could now storm fortresses.. so i marched an army and stormed Thrace capturing now all Byzan provinces.

Then I demanded: Byzans convert to catholicism
Morea to Austria, that other greek province to austria, 100 gold.

Got all 3. Immediately granted independence to the Dutchy of Athens. (Leaving me with Morea, as I wanted a second port)

Then im fumbling around happily.. Johans in another BB war.. moved armies to central europe to prepare to help him out.. then Niccolo Rising who had played France did the dumbest thing possible and declared war on Austria. Silly boy. No sooner had he declared war, and started to lose, than he said he had to quit and left the game!

Moved armies back to French border, received war dec from someone else too..

Army group South thrashed a bunch of Greek Rebels in Morea and moved to Assault Istria of Venice, Whilst Army Group Centre was formed in Vienna, Army Group centre moved to besiege Venice itself, when istria fell, Centre and South united and stormed Venice. Tsk Tsk, not a good war for the French alliance so far eh?

Army Group north besieged and Assaulted Franche Comte, capturing it. Now waiting in Helvetia for reinforcements to push the french Siege of Savoy out. Army Group Centre and North will hook up in Milan with the Helvetians to relieve Lombardie from the evil Genoans, and then either turn south to Genoa itself or march to France (will win 1 war first, and then the other)

And I have yet to take a loan. Some 70k soldiers of the Austrian empire with Strong morale and 2 great generals and the best land tech in the world (supported by the worlds strongest economy right now..) means that I can and do single handedly wage war against the rest of Western Europe and win!

not too shabby eh?

btw, I'm ahead of BiB in VP now, the force convertion of Byzantine did it. Golden Horde is mysteriously in first but they're doing all these dynamic missions fro some strage reason??? (turned off, theyre the only country to have done them, some 700 vp's!)

Originally posted by Produce Pete

btw, I'm ahead of BiB in VP now, the force convertion of Byzantine did it. Golden Horde is mysteriously in first but they're doing all these dynamic missions fro some strage reason??? (turned off, theyre the only country to have done them, some 700 vp's!)

Whoo-hoo! The king is dethroned... welcome the new champion!

ANyways...does the AI do dynamic missions now?

Today I won one war against Pommerania, where they gave me Küstrin and Silesia. OTOH all the german states in west declared war as usual to steal by Rhine possesions.

I had to surrender Hannover to the Palatinat, but I'm still at war with Holstein and am planning to annex them.

I have started a little colonial enterprise with a level 1 tradingpost in Senegal, but I can't afford to spend more on that at this point, as I'm heading towards another bankruptcy..

Originally posted by Blade!

Whoo-hoo! The king is dethroned... welcome the new champion!

ANyways...does the AI do dynamic missions now?

Thank you, thank you.
The AI wasn't supposed to do dynamic missions! But for some reason the golden horde has.. besides they're missions, they're only claim to fame is not having been wiped out by BiB's poland "im falling apart" lithuania.

Originally posted by Produce Pete

So no more forced conversion = special ability of Counter Reform Catholicism?