• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unless you are really an agent of the Golden Horde sent to weaken the Poles....? :eek:

Originally posted by Alexander Seil
I am not talking about granting INDEPENDENCE to a province. I am talking about giving my poor people away to some vile tyrant for big sack of ducats :)

I'd like this ability, but also the ability to simply withdraw my government and military protection from a region and declare "Whatever happens to Upper Manitoba is now irrelvant to the people of Grande Petiteville"... and to have ownership of that province . . . pass to another nation by default? Become owned by the first nation to occupy them? Declare independence? I don't know... I'd like for all three options to be possible, honestly. :D

Originally posted by Heliumgod

I'd like this ability, but also the ability to simply withdraw my government and military protection from a region and declare "Whatever happens to Upper Manitoba is now irrelvant to the people of Grande Petiteville"... and to have ownership of that province . . . pass to another nation by default? Become owned by the first nation to occupy them? Declare independence? I don't know... I'd like for all three options to be possible, honestly. :D

Unfortunately life isn't always that easy. Many nations are embroiled with their former colonial posessions which they would just as soon abandon, but who don't want to leave.

Look at Britain's current problems...

So, lemme get this straight... Novgorod can become Russia? and inherit all Russian stats/leaders, etc.?

Very cool, can't wait to see what other little goodies EU II has to offer...

Originally posted by Produce Pete
Is that what you call zimbabwe?
"no problems"?

Last I heard, the UK government promised to pay for theyre land reform, and still dual british-zimbabwean citizen farmers are being shot.

Yeah, Gibralter comes to mind too. It's a relic of a past age, a drain on Britain's economy, a source of no end of problems with Spain, but it doesn't want to leave...

Could make a similar argument for N. Ireland too, but that is even more complicated

Originally posted by rOver

There is historical precedent for exchanging territories form the time period. Probably even selling in the new worlds. I agree itshould carry astability hit for national provinces (if there is such). The problem of course is whether the AI could handle it.

The Louisiana Purchase - France sold a large quantity of land in North America to the United States in order to help finance the Napoleonic Wars.

Originally posted by Produce Pete
...France sent an offer of peace with them gaining Savoy only. I decided to accept as Savoy had a french culture and I had grown sick of theyre rebellions...

Curious about this, if anybody wants to/can answer... since culture is hardcoded, is there any way to eventually overcome this or relieve some of the problems?

Replayability might be a bit lessened if countries are effectively compelled to stick within their cultural boundaries, I think...

Originally posted by Carligula

Curious about this, if anybody wants to/can answer... since culture is hardcoded, is there any way to eventually overcome this or relieve some of the problems?

Replayability might be a bit lessened if countries are effectively compelled to stick within their cultural boundaries, I think...
No one is forced to stay within their cultural boundaries, but it is easier. Just consider them as gentle prods in the right direction initially...

Originally posted by Carligula

since culture is hardcoded,

It's not hardcoded.
It can be changed by events and in provinces also by exterminating people to below 1000 in pop and sending in a colonist.

Originally posted by Huszics

It's not hardcoded.
It can be changed by events and in provinces also by exterminating people to below 1000 in pop and sending in a colonist.

DAMNIT!!! now I'm gonna not only get anybody who is not my religion down to 5k now I'm gonna have to kill my own bloody co-religionists down to 1k to make them "Icelandic".. or whatever.. european history is gonna be alot more bloody now.. I hope it is possible to get populations down easyer now... or I hope I can massacre the local population..

Originally posted by Viking

DAMNIT!!! now I'm gonna not only get anybody who is not my religion down to 5k now I'm gonna have to kill my own bloody co-religionists down to 1k to make them "Icelandic".. or whatever.. european history is gonna be alot more bloody now.. I hope it is possible to get populations down easyer now... or I hope I can massacre the local population..

*laugh* Tough ol' world, isn't it? :D

Seriously tho -- the ability to actually effect a province' culture is a wonderful thing. :D This will handle all of the difficulties discussed over the past months with issues such as the Muslims of Granada, etc.

BiB, for what i saw on State Machine table, PL gets -0.40 missionaries per year, so how were you able to convert Lithuanian provinces? Are there other sources of missionaries?