• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Today we played another multiplayer run.. With 5 players in a GC for 2.5hours... Got too tired and gotta go home sleep so we save for now..

Johan - Bohemia
Huzics - Novgorod
Doomdark - France
Produce Pete - Austria
BiB - Poland

And boy, was this game hard... Of course it started nicely with Bohemia and Austria splitting Bavaira... BUT then I as bohemia fought defensice wars for five years to survive, even if I gained Anhalt from it all.

And when I honored the alliance I had with Poland by sending Jan Zizka, my entire army got slaughtered on the Ukrainan steppes, losing the best leader Bohemia gets in a blink of an eye.

Currently Doomdark is still struggling to fend of the english, AND Novgorod is in dire straits...

Cause you can't kick out alliance members when the alliance is at war..

At least Hungary was good for something there :)

We had a few more ppl join in today, Nobbs and State Machine had Burgundy.. Gryphon was Muscovy and Niccolo Rising took France.

And I of course waged a five year war with Pommerania to a stalemate heading towards bankruptcy... All becuase I forgot to turn up the maintenance sliders :)

Luckily BiB funded my wars...

BiB has a nice position as usual with Poland... He got hungary and bohemia as depending allies.. Lithuania, Pomerania and Ukraine as weak vassals, and practically no enemy that can take him on...

I suspect BiB must be ranked as the best EU2 mp-player at the moment..

I certainly know I am NOT :)

I actually DID pay back a 300$ loan to Poland and a 133$ loan to Austria.

Not my fault that Novgord lost the 200$ loan when they declared war on my ally Muscovy :)

Bohemia currently consists of 5 provinces, we just went bankrupt, we have a very bad reputation, we have an inflation of 61%, and are squeezed between the mighty empires in Krakow and Vienna.

Pommerania and Hessen, then currently strongest german states hates my guts, and my trust ally and vassal Thüringen was annexed by Hessen.

This is the MOST fun with playing MP... You CAN'T reload, you CAN'T cheat... You're stuck to deal with the consequences of your actions..

Time to code some new random events that decrease inflation before next patch :)

Another day, another twenty years of fiscal disaster!

I forgot to renew my alliance when Bib sometime in early 1480's so I lost a war against the Palatinat and had to surrender Hessen.

Then I focused on gobbling up two small alone 1province nations that nobody was protecting, Brandenburg and Mecklenburg.

My inflation is now about 130% and my technology is way behind.

Time to start lying low for a few decades...

Today I won one war against Pommerania, where they gave me Küstrin and Silesia. OTOH all the german states in west declared war as usual to steal by Rhine possesions.

I had to surrender Hannover to the Palatinat, but I'm still at war with Holstein and am planning to annex them.

I have started a little colonial enterprise with a level 1 tradingpost in Senegal, but I can't afford to spend more on that at this point, as I'm heading towards another bankruptcy..