Would there be any interest in this?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What would you do?

• Yes, I'd like to join, and code my own game.

Votes: 188 27,7%
  • Sounds good, I look forward to this.

Votes: 456 67,2%
  • No opinion

Votes: 22 3,2%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 13 1,9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno if this have been already pointed out but here
http://games.cedega.com/gamesdb/
you can have a look of the most popular games used by cedega.
Europa Universalis III is the fourth.

To be honest: I don't need the entire code, just a few new triggers for HoI2 :D

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the code-release.

Stupid. Yet again.

I'd have more of an interest of the Current Patch Priority Schedule being updated. What's the source code to unlock a locked thread? :D

Hoi1!

v.Manstein said:
To be honest: I don't need the entire code, just a few new triggers for HoI2 :D

I would just like a lot more new user defined country ID's for Hoi1 :D

Or at least the same amount of country ID's as hoi2.It would just make it much more moddable.

Is anyone here interested or going to work on new Hoi1 stuff???????

OT.Do any of you learned guys here know how to plot new ports and beaches on the (hoi1)map ,i can add them but don't know how to place them in correct positions on coastline,i know its something to do with X;Y?? :confused:

doc.gif

Dr Rare said:
OT.Do any of you learned guys here know how to plot new ports and beaches on the (hoi1)map ,i can add them but don't know how to place them in correct positions on coastline,i know its something to do with X;Y?? :confused:
Did you get my response to your PM? There's really no easy way to do it AFAIK; just start with known x and y values and experiment.

Zalder said:
Has there been any progress on this? Or it it still at the same point ?
Johan has to my knowledge not said anything new, so I assume he is still fighting the same enemy. The lawyers if you are just joining us now ;)

Rest assured that it likely will happen, and when it happens it has been clear that it happened. And theres really nothing anyone of us can do to speed up the process.

jdrou said:
Did you get my response to your PM? There's really no easy way to do it AFAIK; just start with known x and y values and experiment.
Yes i did thanks ,but i was hoping some one might know a quicker way :D

How about you jdrou, do you/did you have any ideas for hoi1 changes that could be implemented by this release?

doc.gif

Dr Rare said:
Yes i did thanks ,but i was hoping some one might know a quicker way :D

How about you jdrou, do you/did you have any ideas for hoi1 changes that could be implemented by this release?

doc.gif
Beyond fixing known bugs I haven't really thought about it; I still haven't regained enough interest in WW2 strategy to start a serious game of HoI2/DD/Arm yet. The most likely project I'd get involved in would probably be Victoria. There are basic things like mod-dir support missing from it that would be significant improvements.

Johan has finally permitted me to post this little "aar", so here goes:

I have been one of the lucky betatesters for the source code tools developed by Paradox for this package throughout the last few weeks, and I can tell you all it's really awesome! There's just so much you can do with this, even more than I had originally imagined.

I have been working on my own expansion for Victoria that takes the game into the Napoleonic timeframe. Some of the changes I have either already implemented or is working to implement includes but are not limited to:

- More nations: all the historical ones for the period as well as plausible revolters like Byzantium, North East Africa and The Abbasyd Empire.

- More and improved leaders: all the historical leaders for time period will be introduced as well as bonus leaders that can be unlocked if you accumulate enough victory points. These leaders will be famous historical leaders throughout time like Alexander The Great, Ghengis Khan and Lirpa Sloof.

- New and improved units: new and unique Napoleonic units will naturally be introduced and all units, both existing and new ones, will receive authentic voiceover for battle cries and responses to orders given.

...and lots, lots more!

The expansion will be called "Flames of Bonaparte" and will probably retail for $5.75.

I'll post a few alpha screenies in one or two days, depending on when Paradox releases a new patch for the compiler (as I'd rather not have to compile the *.exe with the hardcoded bonuses for Sweden included in vanilla Victoria).

Thoughts? Suggestions? :)

Hive said:
Thoughts? Suggestions? :)
mod-dir support? :)
Does it also fix most/all of the reported reproducible bugs?

Neat! I don't know that I'd buy it (I'm not into buying games much at all any more), but you're opening up a lot of possibilities that I hadn't even thought of. :)

Hive said:
I'll post a few alpha screenies in one or two days, depending on when Paradox releases a new patch for the compiler (as I'd rather not have to compile the *.exe with the hardcoded bonuses for Sweden included in vanilla Victoria).
Okay, my joke-meter is going off, but you sound serious. Are you?

EDIT: And furthermore, it occurs to me that it's April 1 in Denmark. But even if the whole thing is a joke, there are still a few neat ideas in here. :)

Last edited:
Has there been an update on whether it will be possible to provide those expansions for free?

Don't take me wrong, I'm sure your expansion (and the work of others) will be great, and perhaps I will pay for it if it is exactly what I hoped Victoria to be.

However I have made the experience that there lies a lot of potential in voluntary work. If updates are provided for free, more people will be interested in them, and their progress will be discussed by more people, which will help improving it even further.

Then there is always the questions of updates of those expansions. Will they also cost money?
What about different projects? I think that the Eu2 modding community shows that best results will be obtained if the whole community focuses on one project.

I'm sorry if those questions habe been asked and answered already, but I didn't read the whole thread.

Last edited:
Hive said:
I have been one of the lucky betatesters for the source code tools developed by Paradox for this package throughout the last few weeks, and I can tell you all it's really awesome! There's just so much you can do with this, even more than I had originally imagined.
There was already a betatest..? Well, good news!

Dunderdon said:
What about different projects? I think that the Eu2 modding community shows that best results will be obtained if the whole community focuses on one profect.
I can't agree more. :)

At least, a dev team with feedback from the community.

Last edited:
MichaelM said:
Okay, my joke-meter is going off, but you sound serious. Are you?

There's a hardcoded bonus attributed to the SWE tag, giving them better random events and stuff. It's sort of a prototype for the "lucky nations" thing in EU3, as I understand it.

While I was suspecting it previously, I dismissed it as paranoia untill I actually saw the source code. But Paradox has promised to fix it in the next patch of the developer tools.

Of course, I could solve it by just switching Sweden's tag to something else - but it would require some work on a lot of events and stuff.

Nice one, Hive. I am sure plenty will appreciate it.

Hive said:
There's a hardcoded bonus attributed to the SWE tag, giving them better random events and stuff. It's sort of a prototype for the "lucky nations" thing in EU3, as I understand it.

While I was suspecting it previously, I dismissed it as paranoia untill I actually saw the source code. But Paradox has promised to fix it in the next patch of the developer tools.

Of course, I could solve it by just switching Sweden's tag to something else - but it would require some work on a lot of events and stuff.
Again, it's easy for you to deadpan if we can't see your face. ;)

Wow, I believed your whole post right up to the hardcoded bonus. Next time don't push it quite so much. ;)

MichaelM said:
Again, it's easy for you to deadpan if we can't see your face. ;)

Wow, I believed your whole post right up to the hardcoded bonus. Next time don't push it quite so much. ;)
The following should have been a dead giveaway:

- More nations: all the historical ones for the period as well as plausible revolters like Byzantium, North East Africa and The Abbasyd Empire.

- More and improved leaders: all the historical leaders for time period will be introduced as well as bonus leaders that can be unlocked if you accumulate enough victory points. These leaders will be famous historical leaders throughout time like Alexander The Great, Ghengis Khan and Lirpa Sloof.

Status
Not open for further replies.