• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What country do you play most?

• Germany (WW1)

Votes: 64 16,0%
  • Germany (WW2)

Votes: 200 50,1%
  • Austria-Hungary

Votes: 34 8,5%
  • Russia

Votes: 29 7,3%
  • Soviet Union

Votes: 88 22,1%
  • Great Britain

Votes: 49 12,3%
  • United States of America

Votes: 41 10,3%
  • France

Votes: 26 6,5%
  • Italy

Votes: 57 14,3%
  • Japan

Votes: 88 22,1%
  • Republic of China

Votes: 21 5,3%
  • Ottoman Empire

Votes: 20 5,0%
  • Hungary

Votes: 19 4,8%
  • Finland

Votes: 16 4,0%
  • Bulgaria

Votes: 4 1,0%
  • Canada

Votes: 12 3,0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 1,5%
  • Romania

Votes: 20 5,0%
  • Turkey

Votes: 11 2,8%
  • Spain

Votes: 11 2,8%
  • Brazil

Votes: 13 3,3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 3 0,8%
  • British Raj

• Hejaz

• Total voters
countrys choose is mostly made by countrys military,IC and positsion in world map like most european countryes are most played because that and [the(?)] war

Germany, Spain, China.

Not surprised with the results for Germany but a bit surprised China and Spain rank so lowly. Spain is the best minor to play IMO; a fascinating civil war that could go either way, decisions to enter the war, stay neutral or start a new Spanish Empire. Seriously one of the the most fun games I've ever had back in HOI2 was conquering Portugal, Sweden to build up my IC, DOW on Germany to take my slice of southern France after the Americans had arrived and then launching my reconquista in South America.

China is just a fascinating country to play and it's great building up such a backwards country and trying to turn it into a superpower. As for winning...the trick is to last until the US enters the war..join Allies...you win! :)

Overall I'd have to say that Germany is the most interesting choice: most events, exploring the great "what ifs" about the war, great army, outstanding commanders, advanced tech teams while being challenging as well.

I can understand why some people like Japan, it's very challenging and requires a lot more micromanagement and planning than almost any other country. France is good for something different; a country focused on building defense vs grand conquests.

OK back to 1.03 :D

Germany, Spain, China.

Not surprised with the results for Germany but a bit surprised China and Spain rank so lowly. Spain is the best minor to play IMO; a fascinating civil war that could go either way, decisions to enter the war, stay neutral or start a new Spanish Empire. Seriously one of the the most fun games I've ever had back in HOI2 was conquering Portugal, Sweden to build up my IC, DOW on Germany to take my slice of southern France after the Americans had arrived and then launching my reconquista in South America.

China is just a fascinating country to play and it's great building up such a backwards country and trying to turn it into a superpower. As for winning...the trick is to last until the US enters the war..join Allies...you win! :)

Overall I'd have to say that Germany is the most interesting choice: most events, exploring the great "what ifs" about the war, great army, outstanding commanders, advanced tech teams while being challenging as well.

I can understand why some people like Japan, it's very challenging and requires a lot more micromanagement and planning than almost any other country. France is good for something different; a country focused on building defense vs grand conquests.

OK back to 1.03 :D

Spain, huh? Never tried Spain, IIRC. Okay now i know which minor to try out with 1.03.

(DH Full/Light) Tie between Germany and Japan. Maybe Japan a little more, because sometimes I like to challenge myself with not having that big an industrial base/rare material/metal surplus like Germany.
On occasion, I'll pick my own country (USA) just to see how I can screw with the government/timeline

(DH WWI) Germany, easily. Although keeping Russia at bay gives me A LOT of problems.

(Kaiserreich) Obviously, German Empire. Although on occasion, I'll play Japan, Mongolia, the American Union State or USA under MacArthur and rid the world of the Syndicalist menace with all of them (apart from Mongolia for a number of reasons)

Not surprised with the results for Germany but a bit surprised China and Spain rank so lowly.

Problem is that the poll asks for only one, not say, top 3 =9
WW2: Japan for me, followed by China and either Germany or UK (albeit only with an allied DoW on the Soviets)
WW1/AAR: Ottomans =D (and Japan)
KR: Britain~

WW1 :
- Austria-Hungary. In most of my games the germans are defeated, so are the Ottomans. So I am alone (and I like it), I can beat Russia but after... no "white peace" events for the Entente.
I don't really like the other countries.

WW2 :
- Germany. Before 1.03 patch, my best strategy was to invade England in spring 1939, after Poland. And in 1940, Canada and USA. I leave the french behind their walls and unload troops from the seas in Normandy to beat them :D And USSR in 1942... damn hard. Mostly defensive gameplay. Or I can play in a more classic and historical way.
- Hungary. But not in the Axis. I make my own alliance : puppets in Yougoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece. Sometimes Turkey. Italy can join my alliance when I'm invading Yougoslavia, but I have to kick them before they declare war to USSR. Then I go with the Allies (if Germany lose big times versus USSR early in the war) or Axis.
- Finland in the Axis.
- Japan ! I really appreciate this country in DH.
- Italy in Axis or own alliance (spain, greece, and so on) and declare war to the Allies. Not allied with Germany except if they win in Russia.
- France to beat the germans, but so easy with a Maginot line from Belfort to Dunkerque... and then, it's sleepy. Or I can change my doctrine from '33 and invade Germany in 1939. But the game is boring after that.
- ... and one of my favourite, Poland. I try a lot different strategies to defeat the germans.

France, always. It's my country and i find the others boring, USSR excepted.
Thanks to Zokan (The Bonaparte Legacy mod), I finally can spead the blue white red flag all over the world ! Well, i played Kaiserreich a lot with Commune of France too. :p