• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilksjohnson

Second Lieutenant
89 Badges
Apr 2, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
EDIT

5 days after posting the above, and after a significant amount of work, the mod is finally fixed and crash-free.
Thanks to Arcangelus for testing it last night, and contributing fixes and changes.
It does still have the lag problem. This is for consideration in the next release.

The mod is in 2 parts on mediafire. YOU NEED BOTH PARTS
Please do the usual, create a folder in your Mods folder, and simply extract the 2 parts into that. Play.

Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rh4xy9wd0ez0wy9/MDSDH0.7_part1.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gpdup66jzy1puz6/MDSDH0.7_part_2.7z

For the original post, see below

Veldmaarschalk

x825R.png

MDSDH is a project which aims to convert MDS2 to the Darkest Hour map. This will also include taking advantage of features new to Darkest Hour such as decisions.

Download link for old conversion (uses a modified HOI2 map): http://depositfiles.com/files/jx1iotne0

Download link for current release (uses DH Map). THIS IS A DEV RELEASE AND IS NOT YET FINISHED! The mod is NOT yet fully playable.: http://depositfiles.com/files/jsdv88at8

Installation Instructions:

1. Extract Rar.

2. Place the extracted folder into the Mods folder.

3. Select MDSDH from the Mods list in the DH launcher.

Here is a brief F.A.Q. Click on the spoiler to open.
1. IS IT DONE YET??????!!!!!!!!

A: No. Although we are very close to getting the very rough first release done, it is not yet ready.

2. This mod should have an event about XYZ.

A: I understand that many people (myself included) have wanted a modern day mod for DH for a long time and everyone has a different idea about what it should do, but we ARE NOT ADDING NEW CONTENT TO THE MOD until the current content in MDS2 is finished being converted.

3. How much progress has been made?

A: Short answer: We have done quite a lot, and are close to a release. :)

Long answer:

The events, ministers, leaders, tech tree have been ported completely, although some errors still exist. The map is done(for the most part). One of the last "critical" things that need to be ported are the infrastructure and manpower values from the MDS2 map to the DH map.

4. What masterful beings are responsible for this project?

A: I'm glad you asked. ;)

Supeerme: Originally started the project with the idea to convert MDS2 to work on DH.

Novapaddy: Created a functional map for the DH Full conversion. Also provided many gfx fixes for the MDS2 conversion and started the conversion to DH Full.

CocoBZ: Created the 2012 map mod which the MDSDH map is based on. Also provided many different fixes.

Kretoxian: Provided a wide variety of fixes including counters and scenario information.

Paul Hanson: Provided the province file that includes the modified IC values.

Rumpnissen89: Provided his flag and shields for use in the mod.

Hirz: Provided event fixes.

Bergioyn: Provided event fixes.

Arcangelus: Provided an early minister fix for MDS2 conversion.

Many others who provided troubleshooting and bug reports! :)

Also, thanks to the original MDS2 team for creating the original mod for ARMA! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Will those countries missing from the HOI2 version of MDS2 be included in the DH version of MDS, on the DH map?

@NickRooz: I'm not working on the MDS-DH map today, you can imagine, I've got map provinces and map ID's flickering constantly in my brain, and I need to stop for a day at least!

BUT, please tell me what countries are missing from MDS and need to be in the new map, as I never played MDS... ?

Well, firstly, all those countries that appear in MDS as "Caribbean Federation" and "Pacific Federation". Next we have Togo and Rwanda, which are in MDS, but for some reason don't appear in the screenshot you posted (they probably only have the same colour as their neigbours), Burundi, Swaziland, Lesotho, Maldives, Brunei, Guinea-Bissau, and others which I may be missing right now.

Thanks for the information, as I'll need this when I go to take the map to the next stage...

Right now, it barely opens, I'm just glad that it opens....
Some of those countries are there, but they may have been causing errors, and I may have turned them off..

Pacific was turned off, as I didn't have hard information as to what it consisted of?
Same for Carribbean, but St. Kitts, St. whatever were put in instead...

This can all be done in the next stage.

This is barely a map, there are no events, no tech, no pics... it is just a map so far.
I haven't added any of the HOI2 screens or stuff yet... will do that later.

What I'm trying to say is: To get just the map working with the inc files, I had to turn stuff off (bypassing non-definable errors). The map is still at a very early stage.

CocoBZ, your map wouldn't open, and gave me Sea Area errors (yesterday), so I had to start again with a freshly installed DH map... I have used your inc files though... this is probably why your colours aren't in the map.

I'm not working on the map today. I will do again tomorrow.

AND I've just realised that we are using 1936(?) map locations for Raw Materials... I mean there was no oil in the Middle East in 1936... so we'll have to think about updating that side of the map as well... all help appreciated, if you know about this stuff...:blink:

EDIT: I'll post more pics of the map in a mo, but disregard colours etc. EXAMINE country boundaries please

OK, I have dropped the colour to 16-bit from 24-bit just so I can easily post these large files.

Please examine the country boundaries and let me know (here) what is wrong, Cheers!

They say in my country that you have to give a lamb to somebody if you get his name wrong. Well, you owe Supeerme a lamb :p

Thanks for pointing it out, I've changed it. :p

So far the focus is on converting the existing stuff. Afterwards, the discussion is open, anything is possible.

This. Once we finish converting the existing MDS2 content, then we can start adding stuff.

Edit: Very good work novapaddy. :)

Tomorrow I'll start fixing the map, getting all the countries with correct borders.
I'll start adding the HOI2 graphics and elements to the DH core.

When this is done, we should be able to add leaders/ministers etc., then events etc .

Finally we can add the tech. Then we should have a working game, hopefully.

After that, we can work on making it better and filling out the events, tech etc.

Not too much to do then?

Tomorrow I'll start fixing the map, getting all the countries with correct borders.
I'll start adding the HOI2 graphics and elements to the DH core.

When this is done, we should be able to add leaders/ministers etc., then events etc .

Finally we can add the tech. Then we should have a working game, hopefully.

After that, we can work on making it better and filling out the events, tech etc.

Not too much to do then?

Yeah, pretty much. With the events finally done(thank you everyone who contributed!), the only thing really left to convert are the ai_files and ministers.

The tech tree and custom units can basically be copy and pasted. I checked it out with CocoBZ's 2012 mod and they worked fine.

I also think the leaders can just be copy-pasted too, although I haven't confirmed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.