• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What country do you play most?

• Germany (WW1)

Votes: 64 16,0%
  • Germany (WW2)

Votes: 200 50,1%
  • Austria-Hungary

Votes: 34 8,5%
  • Russia

Votes: 29 7,3%
  • Soviet Union

Votes: 88 22,1%
  • Great Britain

Votes: 49 12,3%
  • United States of America

Votes: 41 10,3%
  • France

Votes: 26 6,5%
  • Italy

Votes: 57 14,3%
  • Japan

Votes: 88 22,1%
  • Republic of China

Votes: 21 5,3%
  • Ottoman Empire

Votes: 20 5,0%
  • Hungary

Votes: 19 4,8%
  • Finland

Votes: 16 4,0%
  • Bulgaria

Votes: 4 1,0%
  • Canada

Votes: 12 3,0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 1,5%
  • Romania

Votes: 20 5,0%
  • Turkey

Votes: 11 2,8%
  • Spain

Votes: 11 2,8%
  • Brazil

Votes: 13 3,3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 3 0,8%
  • British Raj

• Hejaz

• Total voters
Germany

Well i've tried all the 6 majors and Hungary and Romania and China however when I look back at least 90% of my games was Germany. Mainly WW2, then Kaiserreich, then WW1 and then come the others.

EDIT:
Guatemala.
Niccce! I didn't ecpect that one. Do you play Hand-offs?

[OFF]Limith probably plays with it to observe the AI with decisions in AAR[/OFF]

I will never understand why people play as America, it's like playing with all the cheats on, huge MP plus economy, no threatening enemies, great allies, great techteams.

I will never understand why people play as America, it's like playing with all the cheats on, huge MP plus economy, no threatening enemies, great allies, great techteams.
If you limit yourself a bit, like don't build IC and don't build units before the war (except a bit of navy) it will be quite fun. Boosts to Soviet post-war AI (like making them build nukes) makes WW3 fun as well especially if you let them take over Europe.

I tend to end up going Germany in the 1st World War, France in WW2.

EDIT: I suppose I should probably explain why. Germany... well, they're a powerful land country (not a fan of naval combat) and I like trying to win in different ways as them. As for France, I like the challenge of holding back the German steamroller come 1940, but it isn't nigh impossible like defending Poland.

Last edited:
Russia in DH Full and also in Kaiserreich. Austria in Kaiserreich and Germany in World War I. I sometimes play Soviet Union. I struggle with Germany in World War II as I dont seem to be able to Blitz.

Yeah thats coz if your game not registered the blitz doctrine recieves a 40 percent GDE penalty.

Only play Kaiserreich, and there I play lots of nations, but mostly I would guess.... Qing Empire or Russia.

Can't play as Germany. Hate the flag and Hitler and his posse puts me right off...but it's mostly the ugly flag.

I don't usually play the same country in succession, so it's hard to guess. :) In WWI I like Ottomans a lot; they have just the blend of trying to stay alive and interesting avenues of success. The Raj is also a very interesting choice, but usually a bit hard for me due to the multi-tasking you'll see from managing your own flanks + sending aid to the British. If I mod the timeline a bit, I like to do Senussi/Libya; it has a very pretty shade of blue on the map, what can I say? More than that, that first war against the Italians is pretty brutal and surviving it is a good warmup for what quickly becomes a game of attrition. WWII, pick a minor, any minor. My favorite is taking X Clique in China and trying to survive or thrive - the best Unified China is one without proper cores anywhere, waha! I've also been playing Peru recently. I confess I'm not sure where or how to expand yet, or even if I should.

Where is Greece? Or Yugoslavia (Serbia in case of WW1)?
Especially first one my favorite. I hate playing majors in any paradox games.
Per aspera ad astra - so much better!

I really like to play Brazil, 'cause I like to invade Argentina. Besides, it's also cool to have the options of joining Allies (ever Commintern) or keep by my own, invading Africa or Europe in late game.