• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wasn't here for it either. But apparently Aedan went kamikaze in protest, and we haven't been invited back since. :D The rules were seriously lame.

I wasn't here for it either. But apparently Aedan went kamikaze in protest, and we haven't been invited back since. :D The rules were seriously lame.
We were invited back. But our lack of enthusiasm after the previous fiasco led the host to withdraw the invitation. :D

BTW we really should have this discussion in the General WW thread, not here.

What kind of bloody Neanderthal rules are these? Absurd.
There also were seperate deadlines: I.e. 24 hours of night and then 24 hours of day...

Well he was autolynched for a rule that wasn't in the rules...

It's also not in the rules not to physically murder other players in real life to gain an advantage in this game. Yet, were someone to do that, I would consider penalising them for it.

There also were seperate deadlines: I.e. 24 hours of night and then 24 hours of day...

Well he was autolynched for a rule that wasn't in the rules...

It was 36 hours of day and 12 hours of night. And whether or not it was in the rules was irrelevant. I didn't want to stick around with that bunch, since they concluded I had to be a wolf off a retarded justification, and they refused to rethink it, so I was 'autolynched' 5 minutes to Deadline when I had 10 more votes than anyone else.

It was 36 hours of day and 12 hours of night.
That is actually worse, since it would give advantage to those who are awake during most of the night.
And whether or not it was in the rules was irrelevant. I didn't want to stick around with that bunch, since they concluded I had to be a wolf off a retarded justification, and they refused to rethink it, so I was 'autolynched' 5 minutes to Deadline when I had 10 more votes than anyone else.
They indeed sound like idiots when they didn't notice that blatant bandwagon.

Well, one wolf pack and they could do two kills per night for starters. Though for you even bigger error might be that there would be no more than one lynch per day even if there was TIE.

This is an example of one of the rules they'd complain about. As soon as it got mentioned they said why multiple deaths was terrible because it could be gamed for the village to win or draw any game on the first lynch if everybody co-operated in a certain way. I'd hate to think what the reaction to having PMs would be, it runs completely contrary to the idea of the game for them :p

This is an example of one of the rules they'd complain about. As soon as it got mentioned they said why multiple deaths was terrible because it could be gamed for the village to win or draw any game on the first lynch if everybody co-operated in a certain way. I'd hate to think what the reaction to having PMs would be, it runs completely contrary to the idea of the game for them :p

They did do a few things right though. Having a seperate anonymous account specially for the tournament. Making themselves *appear* professional simply by having the GM say only the barest minimum necessary to run the game. No(?) ghosting. Things like that.

All in all I am pretty sure we can do better, if we can find someone with the will and energy to invest into getting people from all these different forums to come here, and somebody volunteering to run the game.

They sound like complete and utter hoons

They sound like complete and utter hoons

They were fun reads if you had a weekend to read through (especially the second one). There were points when you left the thread for and hour and you needed an hour to catch up, as it was constant posting. There were also some very good players there, you could tell.

My problem was mainly with the Hunter. You had a goodie hunter who could shoot mutliple times. In all games, he was shooting pretty random and was killing of villagers damn fast. The first 3 games that I read ended in wolf wins iirc, not surprisingly.

I'm still astonished I managed to win 8 games

:ninja:

Do our newfriends even know about the LSST, the most destructive ideology ever conceived by man or god?

Do our newfriends even know about the LSST, the most destructive ideology ever conceived by man or god?
I have heard the phrase and at one point understood what it meant. Lack of use lately has ensured that this particular piece of knowledge left my mind, however.

What is it? And is there a link to this hilariously misguided game?

LSST is vote above thyself, right? How is that so destructive?

LSST is vote above thyself, right? How is that so destructive?

Well...

It's unoriginal, it's ugly, it's inelegant, it's an acronym, it's boring, adds nothing to the gameplay discussion, leads to far-too-spread-out votecounts, prevents creative voting reasons, gives the wolves an easy method to blend in, and Lord don't I just hate it.

Last edited: