• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
certainly the_split's words are impassioned. i do hope werewolf hasn't gotten so bad - although ever since i started playing back 2005, people have been saying that werewolf is ruined.

happy trails splitter.

Split's not completely wrong. Godspeed, Banana.

Split's not completely wrong. Godspeed, Banana.

He's not entirely wrong, but simply deleting the hall of fame is still a very petty and nasty thing to do. :(

Let me quote here what I said in the current Big game on this subject.

It's not entirely wrong, what he's saying. The things he complains about aren't entirely unlegitimate. We *do* give people a fair bit more leeway. As a group we are less effective at simply turning our backs on people who misbehave, which is why we have mods stepping in sometimes.

The trouble is, what he wants, a self-policing community that throws out people it deems too unworthy to play, simply isn't how this community works anymore. That way of running your community is a fair bit harsher, and back then the community was smaller. It's simply easier to make decisions like that if your playerbase is smaller and much more self-selective. Nowadays we are more inclusive, which means we get a few bad apples too, and have to find ways to living with them. Players like brovah, who regularly misses votes, misunderstands rules, and generally seems to be having a lot of trouble understanding the intracies of our games, would simply not have been tolerated back then. Ditto for abrasive self-effacing personalities like Dadarian. In both cases we nowadays try to educate the players and hope for the best. Whether that is the better strategy is unclear, but it's a fact that things have changed.

To address some of SPLIT's points.
- Mods are a necessity once you reach a certain size of community. There is no way around that. You'll simply have to live with that. Even if I don't always agree with their decisions, having somebody with that power means we stop spending inordinate amounts of time on pointless discussions about somebody's behaviour.
- Not all wins being born equal is true, but there is no way to quantify how 'deserved' a win is. That's an innate problem with werewolf, and the only thing we can do is hope that the laws of large numbers help us out in the long run there.
- "Cuddling" people - yes, our community is not as harsh and swift in it's judgements as it once was. It's more inclusive and less toxic than back in the days of yore. I feel that that is a positive thing. Let's not forget that this is a *game*, not some contest regarding the size of one's penis.
- Yes, we have some bad apples. But let's not forget that we also have a very large stable of new-ish incredible, awesome, talkative players that are *not* burning out the way at the rate that they have been burning out before. Skobie, madchemist, wagonlitz, and a ton of others that are actually actively contributing and making this game *work*. I submit that the bad apples are the price we have paid for *also* getting more very good players. Remember the hounding that people like Reis or OrangeYoshi got from the players in this game, and all the negativity that was permeating throughout the game due to that? I'm pretty sure that that *also* drove a lot of people away that *weren't* Reis or OrangeYoshi.

It saddens me that you feel like you have to do this, and it saddens me that you decided to do it in this particular way, but I am not sad for the change itself.
-

I don't regularly miss votes! I missed A vote ONCE!

SPLIT, things have been much worse than this. Trust me brother. Just ignore the disrespect, if any arises, and enjoy playing with the players worth the time and effort. We have always had bad apples. We should just start first night killing them every game like we used to.

And no, I will not forget my account password. I haven't in ten years. I will not in another six. I will play when I can. Unfortunately I cannot right now do to a loved one's terminal illness, but I will play again when possible.

Take a break and come back. I hope to see you play again.

We feel you AOK I lost my grandfather recently and Dutchguy lost his grandmother I believe.

That seems a petty response.
Don't act like you know better, Rovsea :/.
No really, k is just ok, which means I understand his reasons and wish him the best of luck in his life.

k

so sorry

I understand what you dealing with AOK.11 i lost my best friend who was 14, last year to cancer and that was a real shock to me. So i understand how you must be feeling and hope you are feeling ok