• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Start in 867 as the Emir of Crete, remain independent and Sunni, don't expand, and see how long you last. Almost a pseudo-republic where you build high, not wide, via raiding instead of trade. You'll always have the Byzantines breathing down your neck, so you'll need that cash to upgrade your holdings and hire mercs.

I suggest you make a zunist challange after the next patch involving zunist great holy wars. Spreading the faith of the sun seems like a very fun challange. Maybe you should have to bring it to europe?
Challenge: be of Zunist religion and Nahua culture. No Ruler Designer.
Name: Zunset invasion
With all those new game rules a simple Empire building game isn't so easy anymore. I think about that but a Zoro game is maybe a little bit cooler. (I have a crush on Zoros and I currently read a history book about ancient Persian Empires)
I would like to participate in some of these challenges after I finish my current Ironman ToG Republic of Ireland game. But before I do that, I would like to suggest a possible challenge that came to me during said game. It is possibly too thematically similiar to #4 The Marriage Game, but here it goes.

Babymaker Challenge
Starting as a non-ruler designed count, have as many babies as possible, and land as many as possible, in one lifetime, while staying just a count of your starting county. This would most definitely require the WoL DLC and would involve much murdering as well as the aforementioned tumbling. Probably a lot easier as a non-Christian as well, but here is what I did for just the baby making part.

ck2_713_zpsmfqptl5p.png
Prince Mayor Garbith the Seducer has 150 bastards in this picture, because he legitimized almost all of them, all his children hated his guts. Three of the children were born after his death, while none of his children were landed by me. Because of Garbith's old age, he had to bury fiftyish of his children before his death. Sidenote, because he was a genius he had about twenty genius kids with a few odd strong, quick or attractive kids thrown into the mix. However, nobody had more than one good genetic trait, which was one of the main points in having this many kids...
I don't know if this really a fun game. Sound of a lot micro managing.
Start in 867 as the Emir of Crete, remain independent and Sunni, don't expand, and see how long you last. Almost a pseudo-republic where you build high, not wide, via raiding instead of trade. You'll always have the Byzantines breathing down your neck, so you'll need that cash to upgrade your holdings and hire mercs.
I suggest you make a zunist challange after the next patch involving zunist great holy wars. Spreading the faith of the sun seems like a very fun challange. Maybe you should have to bring it to europe?
Challenge: be of Zunist religion and Nahua culture. No Ruler Designer.
Name: Zunset invasion
With all those new game rules a simple Empire building game isn't so easy anymore. I think about that but a Zoro game is maybe a little bit cooler. (I have a crush on Zoros and I currently read a history book about ancient Persian Empires)
I would like to participate in some of these challenges after I finish my current Ironman ToG Republic of Ireland game. But before I do that, I would like to suggest a possible challenge that came to me during said game. It is possibly too thematically similiar to #4 The Marriage Game, but here it goes.

Babymaker Challenge
Starting as a non-ruler designed count, have as many babies as possible, and land as many as possible, in one lifetime, while staying just a count of your starting county. This would most definitely require the WoL DLC and would involve much murdering as well as the aforementioned tumbling. Probably a lot easier as a non-Christian as well, but here is what I did for just the baby making part.

ck2_713_zpsmfqptl5p.png
Prince Mayor Garbith the Seducer has 150 bastards in this picture, because he legitimized almost all of them, all his children hated his guts. Three of the children were born after his death, while none of his children were landed by me. Because of Garbith's old age, he had to bury fiftyish of his children before his death. Sidenote, because he was a genius he had about twenty genius kids with a few odd strong, quick or attractive kids thrown into the mix. However, nobody had more than one good genetic trait, which was one of the main points in having this many kids...
I don't know if this really a fun game. Sound of a lot micro managing.

Sound interesting the first decade. But when you build every building possible and have a shitload of money on the account there is no threat I think. Then you can easily pull of huge stacks of enemies.

There's a single Zoro county in india in later start dates. I think an interesting challenge could come out of it if a ruler around there converts to Zoro.

A moment of inspiration:
A whole game would take a bit long, maybe a century or two is good enough? Sounds nice though!

Two you really thing this is a fun playthrough? Surly challenging but exciting?
Hmm, maybe make it so you have to start as a king, and the goal is minimum points after 100 or 200 years. But yeas! I'll have to look up more game mechanics so I can lose prestige faster :p

And what rule to prevend intentionally Game Over?
Well, you must not Game Over :p You must survive at least the right time period, but have the least amount of points you can.
Edit: maybe not turn on the deadly plagues for this one, that'd be a bit hard

We haven't had any weekly challenges since November. Would someone like to start this up again? I really miss the weekly challenge threads; they gave me tons of ideas for new playthroughs.

We haven't had any weekly challenges since November. Would someone like to start this up again? I really miss the weekly challenge threads; they gave me tons of ideas for new playthroughs.
I stopped putting out new one because of several reasons. First and foremost, I got bored of CK2 after a bunch of WCs. Then I run out of interesting playthroughs which made me want to play them and last it didn't get the attention I was hoping to. Just very few people bothered to play and share there stories. Right now I play CK2 every now and then and only for fun with no real goals in mind.