• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
downvote me to heck, but, seriously?? cosmetic awards?? this is what paradox is doing now??
Why the heck not? Would you rather there be no award but bragging rights?

Reactions:
downvote me to heck, but, seriously?? cosmetic awards?? this is what paradox is doing now??
Yeah, my ruler wearing a jester hat is absolutely integral to the medieval experience. smh. Literally unplayable. I jest.

Of course though, I think it's really harmless considering all of the missions are available forever supposedly and it's just neat little unlockables.

I agree with you. It is probably a generational issue. Most of youngsters seem to enjoy the MMO/mobile gaming features like this. I do not get it and hope that PDX will allow provide the same experience for everyone at CK3's launch...

I agree with you. It is probably a generational issue. Most of youngsters seem to enjoy the MMO/mobile gaming features like this. I do not get it and hope that PDX will allow provide the same experience for everyone at CK3's launch...
I disagree. You don't have to pay for these cosmetics. They're just neat unlockables. They've been in games that aren't MMO's or mobile games for quite a long time. Costumes in Shogun 2: Total War come to mind. A game that released the same year as CK2.

There should definitely be a way for Linux users to get them though.

Last edited:
Reactions:
upload_2019-10-21_2-28-43.png

Any help please? I dont have any mods on currently, and I noticed that start game button is grey even if I switch over to ironman mode.

Its actually a very cool idea. For this game and for all PDX games. In game challenges that unlock forum rewards, cosmetics, and maybe even music, and stuff like that. I never play with achievements because they are useless, but I'd do these challenges if they had some kind of reward like forum avatars or icons, or things like that.

Okay, so I have an issue. Right now, I've got 13 of the 15 provinces (all but devon and cornwall). However, the challenge says I only have 12.

Additionally, it says I have 12/15, but also that: "Available Score: 2". Anyone else running into this?

they've done it before. you should know that.

I disagree. You don't have to pay for these cosmetics. They're just neat unlockables. They've been in games that aren't MMO's or mobile games for quite a long time. Costumes in Shogun 2: Total War come to mind. A game that released the same year as CK2.

There should definitely be a way for Linux users to get them though.

The mechanic of asking players to play on a scheduled time in order to unlock further cosmetic items is more attached to the MMO and mobile genre. I never talked about paying for it. Where did that come from ? ^^

I assume these challenges will keep happening even after CK3 releases, so even if you miss a challenge, you can still get points from later challenges.
I think it's a fun little challenge mode that can give you some goals for a short term game. The cosmetic items are whatever to me.

The mechanic of asking players to play on a scheduled time in order to unlock further cosmetic items is more attached to the MMO and mobile genre. I never talked about paying for it. Where did that come from ? ^^
Look back through the thread. A dev reply was linked that said the scenarios will be unlocked forever. There's no time limitation. Players who aren't starting these scenarios right now will have a backlog they have no urgency to complete. It's only people playing them from the start as they come out who will have to deal with their episodic nature. If that's what you're referring to, okay. I just don't have much of a problem with it. It's just the same as the recommended characters, but with a more interesting variety of historical characters.

Okay, so I have an issue. Right now, I've got 13 of the 15 provinces (all but devon and cornwall). However, the challenge says I only have 12.

Additionally, it says I have 12/15, but also that: "Available Score: 2". Anyone else running into this?

You need every holding in the provinces to be in your realm. If a holy order has a barony in one of your provinces, give them the boot.