• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This makes me wonder how hard such a thing would be in comparison to achieving the same thing with Byzantium...
I may have to try this one out.

You Fail Geography Forever
"Adam's Bridge (Tamil: ātām pālam), also known as Rama's Bridge or Rama Setu (Tamil: Irāmar pālam, Sanskrit: rāmasetu),[1] is a chain of limestone shoals, between Pamban Island, also known as Rameswaram Island, off the south-eastern coast of Tamil Nadu, India, and Mannar Island, off the north-western coast of Sri Lanka. Geological evidence suggests that this bridge is a former land connection between India and Sri Lanka.[2]

The bridge is 50 km (30 mi) long and separates the Gulf of Mannar (southwest) from the Palk Strait (northeast).[2] Some of the sandbanks are dry and the sea in the area is very shallow, being only 1 to 10 metres (3 to 30 ft) deep in places, which hinders navigation.[2] It was reportedly passable on foot up to the 15th century until storms deepened the channel: temple records seem to say that Adam’s Bridge was completely above sea level until it broke in a cyclone in 1480.[3]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam's_Bridge

Which makes it not an island for the game's timeframe duration.

Reactions:
"Adam's Bridge (Tamil: ātām pālam), also known as Rama's Bridge or Rama Setu (Tamil: Irāmar pālam, Sanskrit: rāmasetu),[1] is a chain of limestone shoals, between Pamban Island, also known as Rameswaram Island, off the south-eastern coast of Tamil Nadu, India, and Mannar Island, off the north-western coast of Sri Lanka. Geological evidence suggests that this bridge is a former land connection between India and Sri Lanka.[2]

The bridge is 50 km (30 mi) long and separates the Gulf of Mannar (southwest) from the Palk Strait (northeast).[2] Some of the sandbanks are dry and the sea in the area is very shallow, being only 1 to 10 metres (3 to 30 ft) deep in places, which hinders navigation.[2] It was reportedly passable on foot up to the 15th century until storms deepened the channel: temple records seem to say that Adam’s Bridge was completely above sea level until it broke in a cyclone in 1480.[3]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam's_Bridge

Which makes it not an island for the game's timeframe duration.
And now I feel like an idiot :) I guess I fail geography forever. But thanks for pointing that out to me.

Napoleon Challenge: start as count of Corsica (any date), obtain Empire of Francia.
Pontifex Exoticus: Make someone of Bengali culture get elected pope. Do whatever you think you need to do to make it happen.
Ireland to Cathay: Convert at least province in Ireland to Khitan culture, and at least one province in Mongolia to Irish culture.
Mixcoatl's scouting party: Start with a custom ruler of Aztec religion and Nahua culture on any coastal province, reform Aztec before your fellows arrive.
New challen up an live:
#5 Mixcoatl's scouting party

How about a classic, the Salian Challenge? Starting as Count Werner of Pfalz in 867, form the Holy Roman Empire before the year 1066.

Alternatively, you also have a more intense challenge involving the Last of the Karlings. Starting in 1066 as the Count of Vermandois, recreate Charlemagne's Empire by uniting Francia, the HRE, and Italy. Bonus points if you manage to accomplish this as the Countess of Vermandois in 1081, who is already in a regular marriage at the start.
#6 Last of the Karlings is up!

One of my many obsessions is making up restrictions to keep things fresh for myself, thought I'd share my favourites:

Carthage Reborn - Starting as a sheikh in Tunis form the custom African Empire and christen her Carthage, restoring the borders of ancient Carthage amongst the Mediterranean.

Norse Caliphate - Starting as Hæsteinn of Nantes prepare an invasion for the Sultanate of Mauretania and then become Ibadi Caliph, use your new position to wipe out the other caliphs and truly make an imprint on Islamic-Norse history!

Ulster Says No! - starting as either the count or duke or Ulster become Emperor of Britannia, seizing all land within the de jure empire while at all times making sure the rest of Ireland remains outside the empire.

Return of the White Huns

-Count of Mohadavaska, 769
-Become the Samrat Chakravartin (conquer all of India) and/or Emperor of Persia
-Choice of reforming the Zunist faith or becoming the Saoshyant as a Zoroastrian.

You are the Persian Hindu Count of Mohadavaska, the last descendant of the White Huns or Hephalites. Little is known about them other than they were an Asiatic people that conquered the area around Persia, though they also adopted the term "White Hun" to put the fear of whatever God they followed into the hearts of their enemies. It's up to debate if they were Zunist, Zoroastrian, or something in-between hence the choice. Give meaning to the name White Hun again and bring glory to House Hunas by carving out a realm spanning Persia and India.

Last edited:
I am busy this and next week so no weekly challenges. But next one will be on 2.6 with nice game rules. I am still open for suggestions. I am searching particular for non Christian challenges.

I am busy this and next week so no weekly challenges. But next one will be on 2.6 with nice game rules. I am still open for suggestions. I am searching particular for non Christian challenges.
non-Christian Challenge:

Starting at the 769 bookmark, and as one of the two county Shia counts in Morocco (custom is fine, since they are only members of their dynasty anyway) ... how quickly can you form the Shia caliphate. I wish one of the things you could turn off in game rules is the Shia uprising, since in this case, you are the uprising :)

MÄÄKÖNTÄ - The Fingol Horde

mYon29O.png

There is a common legend among northern countries about an iron-using people who had highly developed material culture, who then went away to the hills. The farther north you go, the fresher the legend. Samoyeds tell of isolated instances of Sirtya ancestors about three generations ago.

According to legends, sirtya people were short and fair eyed. They lived in underground tunnels or in caves in cliffs. Pottery, blacksmithing and bronze casting was known to them.

There is not much known about them. However their legend provides a great legacy for Suomenusko people in the form of a mythical de jure empire.

Goal:
  • Form the Määköntä and face the Mongol Horde
Rules:
  • Start as any Suomenusko Ruler (EASY: Estonia, Southern Finland | HARD: Nenets, Ugra | MEDIUM: Everything else.) (Suomenusko rulers who get the Shipbuilding bonus and have access to sea, have a significant advantage in the form of raiding) (Suomenusko rulers who border a different religion have a significant advantage of Conquest County CB)
  • Stay Suomenusko (reformation optional - I find this challenge to be a bit easier as unreformed)
  • OPTIONAL - Become a Nomad (Its optional since I don't know if this is even possible)

Reactions:
MÄÄKÖNTÄ - The Fingol Horde

mYon29O.png

There is a common legend among northern countries about an iron-using people who had highly developed material culture, who then went away to the hills. The farther north you go, the fresher the legend. Samoyeds tell of isolated instances of Sirtya ancestors about three generations ago.

According to legends, sirtya people were short and fair eyed. They lived in underground tunnels or in caves in cliffs. Pottery, blacksmithing and bronze casting was known to them.

There is not much known about them. However their legend provides a great legacy for Suomenusko people in the form of a mythical de jure empire.

Goal:
  • Form the Määköntä and face the Mongol Horde
Rules:
  • Start as any Suomenusko Ruler (EASY: Estonia, Southern Finland | HARD: Nenets, Ugra | MEDIUM: Everything else.) (Suomenusko rulers who get the Shipbuilding bonus and have access to sea, have a significant advantage in the form of raiding) (Suomenusko rulers who border a different religion have a significant advantage of Conquest County CB)
  • Stay Suomenusko (reformation optional - I find this challenge to be a bit easier as unreformed)
  • OPTIONAL - Become a Nomad (Its optional since I don't know if this is even possible)
Looks very cool, but is it made up by you or an actual legend? Googling Määköntä brings up only your own page.

Looks very cool, but is it made up by you or an actual legend? Googling Määköntä brings up only your own page.

The legend of those sirtya people is real. The finno-ugric empire pic is just a meme. And the Määköntä is just a spurdo-style made-up name I chose to fit the theme. Although, I derived that name from a mythological heavenly kingdom from Estonian folklore - Maavald.

Reactions:
Mansa Munsa challenge:
Start as Mansa Munsa, ruler of Mali between 1312 and 1337. Acquire 10.000 gold, and then go on a Hajj. It will probably take several generations, so just bonus points if you make it with the real guy. Try to expand as little as possible outside Mali; taking Mecca (the goal of the Hajj) disqualifies you.

Have another non-Christian challenge:

Truly the Sultan of Rome

-Start as Rum, Ottomans, or Turkish minor following the Battle of Manzikert (August 26, 1071).

-Become the Roman or Holy Roman Emperor.

-Restore the full borders of the Roman Empire plus own Moscow, just as you would in EU4 (can skip if starting as Ottomans).

-Stay Turkish culture but the religion is your choice.

-If opting to stay Muslim (save for a temporary conversion to form Rome/ERE) then become a Caliph/Sheikh

Last edited:
Just a reminder, the new game rules give us new options for challenges. For example:

Get the Empressive! achievement (three successive empresses) with matrilineal marriages turned off.

Just a reminder, the new game rules give us new options for challenges. For example:

Get the Empressive! achievement (three successive empresses) with matrilineal marriages turned off.
This sound more of a waiting and Luck game. Playing so long till you get full Absolute Cognatic and then you need to be somewhat lucky that you male children die of or take the right succession law.

I suggest you make a zunist challange after the next patch involving zunist great holy wars. Spreading the faith of the sun seems like a very fun challange. Maybe you should have to bring it to europe?
Challenge: be of Zunist religion and Nahua culture. No Ruler Designer.
Name: Zunset invasion

Reactions:
I would like to participate in some of these challenges after I finish my current Ironman ToG Republic of Ireland game. But before I do that, I would like to suggest a possible challenge that came to me during said game. It is possibly too thematically similiar to #4 The Marriage Game, but here it goes.

Babymaker Challenge
Starting as a non-ruler designed count, have as many babies as possible, and land as many as possible, in one lifetime, while staying just a count of your starting county. This would most definitely require the WoL DLC and would involve much murdering as well as the aforementioned tumbling. Probably a lot easier as a non-Christian as well, but here is what I did for just the baby making part.

ck2_713_zpsmfqptl5p.png
Prince Mayor Garbith the Seducer has 150 bastards in this picture, because he legitimized almost all of them, all his children hated his guts. Three of the children were born after his death, while none of his children were landed by me. Because of Garbith's old age, he had to bury fiftyish of his children before his death. Sidenote, because he was a genius he had about twenty genius kids with a few odd strong, quick or attractive kids thrown into the mix. However, nobody had more than one good genetic trait, which was one of the main points in having this many kids...

Last edited: