• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Way to go Draco! One of the many great AARs that I need to get caught back up on. And an outstanding first effort!

Congratulations Draco! It may be only your first AAR but it's a mighty good one. :)

Good show, and great AAR.
p1260438.gif

Damn, I'm shocked and honored.

First, I must thank Renss and all of my readAARs, for as all writers and more importantly writAARs know, without our readers, we are simply (as a old sailor friend of mine liked to say) just pissing in the wind, eh?

Okay, that was kinda corny, but 'tis the truth. Again, I wanna thank everyone for there votes of confidence in my AAR. Although I've gotten over 12 pages on the AAR to date (I think) every post I place still feels like the first, and to have the level of readership and following for it after this time, makes me think that I'm doing something correct, and again, for that I have to thank not only my readers but also all my fellow WritAARs who I have followed for some time now.

For the story itself... well, I'll let ya'll in on a little secret, save the hard core stats on equipment, most of this stuff has spouted from the dark recesses of my mind. I went into the story asking myself how could the British Empire reverse it's slow decay, and came up with having a behind closed doors heart to heart between dying father and his two eldest sons (only because I forgot about the two younger sons and didn't remember them until like five posts in - oops, silly me, eh?). From the response I've gotten, I do believe that I may have hit upon something.

Okay, I've babbled on long enough, I do believe it's time for me to get back to my research and give my readers an update on the much beloved Royal Navy....

But, don't hold you breath, anybody, it's still a couple of days away. You would not believe the amount of info that I'm finding myself sucked into ready when it comes to the RN. Absolutely enthralling! I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys history!

Anyway, again, thanks everybody and see you all soon on the boards!!

Draco Rexus said:
Damn, I'm shocked and honored.

First, I must thank Renss and all of my readAARs...
not a chance! :D we thank you for such a splendid AAR! :cool: you have earned this, and MORE! ;)

CONGRATS! :cool: :D

Congratulations Draco, this is much deserved. Looking forward to the next update about the Royal Navy :)

Well done, Draco, well done. :)

For a truly rewarding story that allows me much enjoyment between times of fits of work and writing my own AAR, I have to bestow the honor to the one and only: The Knight in Blue and Silver

I highly commend it to one and all for some truly otherworldly reading enjoyment!

Congrats to Chengar Qordath!

Congratulations Chengar Qordath, a good writAAR with a great story. Well deserved :)

Way to go, Chengar! Congrats on your showcase, sir!!!

Mettermrck said:
Ah, a really fine AAR to spotlight. Congrats, Chengar! :)

Yeah, as opposed to the usual crap that crosses our.... :mad:

Why's everyone looking at me like that? :eek:

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs away*

-----------------

Well, it appears I need to spend more time in the HOI2 forums! Well done, Chengar! I read your first post regarding Hitler's downfall and loved it - and now aliens are attacking New Mexico in 1943? Sounds like fun!

Applause Chengar. Another great HOI2 AAR. Alternate History with a twist.

CQ? CQ? Is anybody out there? Anybody at all? CQ? CQ?

Sorry... wrong sci-fi script! (a bonus to anybody who recognizes it!)

CQ! Congratulations!

I had taken a brief look at your AAR previously. Very talented work!

Let's see how KaiZerNobia does!

I'm actually really interested, now that I am poking around, to see your tale. It's certainly well crafted and well written! I shall have to invest some time.

Rensslaer

Congrats, Chengar! Your story is both thoroughly researched AND vildly imaginative, as well as very well written. Eminently well deserved!