• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Real Deal said:
Well, everything appears to be going swimmingly, excellent...though next time round ye shall have to do it on Very Hard :)
Thanks!
OK, I will do it on Very Hard next time - as Xhosa :p .

Wtbrg said:
It's working so far... :)
It seems to be going very well! I had Sicily break their vasalage, and I think Holland did it at one point but that's it.

I am looking forward to the next big alliance declaring war on me!

Demon_son said:
very well done! going to be master of euope soon then!
Thanks!

I suppose I will be soon - indirectly.

It is a real change in gaming for me to not take land in the peace settlements as I usually play more for conquest than vassalisation.

Update Time!

OK, it is time for an update! Sorry for the delay!

Anyway, I have been busy attacking in the East to gain an easy access there. I aim to take on the Teutonic order before long, as they have got a little too large. That will be a big war as they have a lot of allies - but I love a challenge!

First on my list was Lithuania - they are a small country now - because they have been carved up by virtually everyone on the map! I thought it was a good starting place!

So, I assembled a small army of 60,000 men and prepared to invade, they had an army of 3000 men, so I thought it was a good time to fight them.

Unfortunately, I hadn't noticed they owned another province behind Smolensk -which meant that I couldn't vassalise them until I got access.
SCATT.jpg

Smolensk absolutely hated my guts, so asking for access was out of the question - so I did what every rational world conquerer would and declared war on them too!

Again, I ran into no trouble whatever in fighting them, they had no army at all! The trouble came because they were already vassals - of Golden Horde.

DARNIT.jpg

As they were only the one province I decided to annex them, and immediately release them as my vassals.

RELEASE.jpg

This meant I could finally get through Smolensk and attack the final province of Lithuania! Yay!

ACCESS.jpg

Which was nice.

As Lithuanis had no military in their last province, Tula, I went in and laid siege to it. After a quick assault (because it was winter and I was getting attrition) Tula fell, and I was able to vassalise Lithuania.
LITPEAC2.jpg

LITPEACE.jpg

Next step, Golden Horde!

Duke of Wellington said:
Good progress there. Whats your BB like? At least you don't have to worry about it so options like annexing Smolensk are ok. Good luck for the Horde.
Thanks!

My BB is 106.7! Not too good, but at least I won't get BB wars at this setting.
If I could have just force vassalised Smolensk I would but they were the GH's vassal already :(

Sunzyl said:
Nice work! What year is it BTW?

It is September 1458 at the mo.

well done! you'll soon have subjugated all of eastern europe! 1458? when does this version end?

Demon_son said:
well done! you'll soon have subjugated all of eastern europe! 1458? when does this version end?
I hope so!

This version doesn't end - it has the no time limit patch in it - so I have as long as I need.
Mind you it does get a bit boring when everyone has maximum forts (even Xhosa!) and LT60. That happens around 1998 by the way.

jonti-h said:
I hope so!

This version doesn't end - it has the no time limit patch in it - so I have as long as I need.
Mind you it does get a bit boring when everyone has maximum forts (even Xhosa!) and LT60. That happens around 1998 by the way.

i supose vassilising the world is a big enough challenge without putting a very restrictive time limit on it! make sure you're finished by the 90s though, sounds like you won't get anywhere by then!

Demon_son said:
i supose vassilising the world is a big enough challenge without putting a very restrictive time limit on it! make sure you're finished by the 90s though, sounds like you won't get anywhere by then!
Yeah, it will be tough.
The NTL patch makes a huge difference, and so does starting in 1337!
By about 1998 though it is impossible to make any type of seabourne invasion - and even the really poor African minors have maximum forts in them so they have a support limit of 15 but take a load of troops to siege. Not a nice situation!

Novea said:
Excellent job here !

Perhaps you should consider doing a simillar AAR for victoria afterwards - one in which you aim to satallite the entire world! :rofl:
That might be a good idea actually - it would probably be easier than EU2 because it is easier (I think) to satellite than to vassalise.

I might do it soon actually!

jonti-h said:
My house rules are;

1. No diplo-vassalisation. The challenge was for force vassalisations only.
2. No annexation or taking of provinces apart from cores.
3. The only expansion can be by establishing colonies or TPs.

Interesting AAR, mate. I noticed you've actually failed, though :p

mandead said:
Interesting AAR, mate. I noticed you've actually failed, though :p
:D
Well, I had to - because the capital of the Golden Horde is a core, while the province I took wasn't.

I have tried like mad to make it revolt - checking tolerances regularly, kepin Moslem tolerance down etc but no joy yet! When it revolts, I will kill the rebels after the siege, and let it defect.

I have left off a core (Cyprus) to make up anyway.