• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MichaelM said:
Uhh... Did I say "vatican"? I meant "a whole lot of diplomats"... :eek:o :p
Yeah, I knew really - I was trying to be ironic, but it fell flat :eek:o

I just catched up with this. Nice progress so far. With this rate of fighting, we will soon see China as a Byzantine vassal, I think. :cool:

Kriszo said:
I just catched up with this. Nice progress so far. With this rate of fighting, we will soon see China as a Byzantine vassal, I think. :cool:
Thanks!
I hope to hit China soon. It will be when my navy is good enough to get ther in one go, or when I have a line of military access, so I can take breaks in the trip.
I must update this soon.

Sorry for the delay! I had trouble with my internet connection that made it disconnect every few mins - made uploading pictures imposible!

Anyway, here goes!

After being fought by half of Europe, the Empire triumphed!
I was in a war with France, Castille, and Luxembourg. Oh, and Holland joined in the fun too!
spineyes.gif

Anyway, no-one can repress The Empire!
The result of this war was;

VASALIN2.jpg

Which can be better seen in the ledger, which looks like this!

LEDGER.jpg

Following my European excursion :p I decided to pay some attention the Mameluks. They had been occupying my cores for far too long, and I couldn't let that go on could I?

I fought 2 wars against them - neither of which were overly taxing, but long, because of the sheer number of provinces I had to lay siege to! As soon as my forst peace ran out, I did what any self respecting warlord would, and declared war again!

BYZ7.jpg

Now the Mameluks are reduced to the one province, and when now the treaty has expired again, war looms!
dwarf.gif

Now all this has come at a cost, and for me that cost is badboy.

BADBOY2.jpg

Mind you all the spending on maintaining the army for the 2 large European wars I have fought has taken its toll on inflation too. This might be a problem in the future!

INFLATE.jpg

Ouch.

Well, it's going along nicely. But your BB and inflation are a tad too high :rolleyes: Looking good though.

Your BB is certainly high. Just be thankful you not playing on VH :D. Now its that high there is one good thing though, it can't really get any worse. Inflation is high but manageable. I'd be concerned about any higher. Are you going decentralised for the benefits of having vassals.

SunZyl said:
Do you play with forced annexation on or off?
I always have forced annexation on.
Why do you ask?

SunZyl said:
Would be annoying with vassals killing each other...
Oh, that's a point actually, I will turn it off next time I play....
After I annex the Mameluks that is!
I don't want my vassals annexing each other, would rather defeat the point of the game!

sounds like you're doing well! the idea is working then...
i like these AARs based on something other than world conquest!

Given your badboy and inflation, how are you going to handle your stability? My biggest problem when playing the warlord-type, is a stabilitycost of 200.000 or so, making it impossible to keep my reasonable stability up.

By the way, I saw you still investing in land tech. Is there a reason why, given you must have a pretty strong army able to beat every opponent, even when outnumbered? East of you, you probably won't find high tech troops. And West of you... you could crush them.

Good luck anyway.

Even with a high bad boy score and high inflation stability costs can be kept at a reasonable level by having serfdom and narrowmindness maxed. That reduces stability costs byt 50%. You should also make sure that you don't have too many provinces with wrong culture as that effects stability.

It's going better than I expected :cool: . Your inflation looks ok but BB might cause some nasty stability costs, I assume you already know about the info above, was just informing the guy who posted before me.

Keep on fighting! ;)
Whats your next target? I suppose you will shortly hit England... :cool:

Kriszo said:
Keep on fighting! ;)
Whats your next target? I suppose you will shortly hit England... :cool:
I will secure mainland Europe first, then it will be on to England! I'm looking forward to vassalising Chins too!
That'll improve my income no end!